Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-01-2022, 01:43 AM

439 posts, read 289,965 times

Advertisements

Like if the entire country were to collapse with everyone currently at the top being either arrested or killed and completely replaced top to bottom? And preferably replaced by a far more democratic system not run by such corrupt evil people that Satan himself loves?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2022, 01:52 AM

6,927 posts, read 6,934,737 times
I don't care what Satan thinks. If the Russian economy collapses it would be exactly the karma that Vlad and his merry band of killers in the Ukraine deserve.

Old 07-01-2022, 01:58 AM

24,624 posts, read 9,449,501 times
Well gas would skyrocket, and so would food, so many folks wouldn't be too happy.

Old 07-01-2022, 03:26 AM

14,267 posts, read 6,952,754 times
I imagine it would be similar to the fall of the Soviet Union. That was a pretty abrupt change of government.

Old 07-01-2022, 03:40 AM

18,356 posts, read 26,489,954 times
That would be justice for the misery they are bringing to the world.

Old 07-01-2022, 03:51 AM

19,706 posts, read 20,236,139 times
I'm not sure I'd even notice the difference.

Old 07-01-2022, 04:26 AM

2,042 posts, read 854,250 times
Original poster, I’m not saying Vladimir Putin is a saint. Far from it. I believe he was wrong and invading Ukraine. I believe most wars are wrong in general. And could be avoided. That said, you do understand that your media lies to you on a regular an ongoing basis? They have a narrative for almost any topic and they create a false illusion for you? Ukraine is not innocent. Their leader is a fake person. As fake as they come. He was a reality TV star for crying out loud. He’s a coke head…All those post of him out there in a bulletproof vest on the front lines a while back? All fake. The dudes the typical lying conniving manipulating politician. Russia has been warning Ukraine for years stop doing things to provoke them. Ukraine also broke its agreements they had with Russia do not build up a threatening military on their border. They cut off their water supply. To Russian farmers. Ukrainian did not think Putin would invade. So they egged Russia on. I know everybody wants to believe the narrative they believe but these are facts. Does that mean Russia should have invaded Ukraine? Of course not. But this crap that there’s some innocent little child in this is nonsense.

Old 07-01-2022, 04:31 AM

34,230 posts, read 18,571,948 times
I'd feel badly for the Russian people and the poor effects on the World Economy that would effect most people.

Old 07-01-2022, 04:40 AM

37,176 posts, read 19,189,687 times
It would be healthier and cut pollution considerably. Everyone would be riding bicycles instead of burning twenty dollar a gallon gasoline. It would also speed up research and production of electric vehicles.

Might be just what the doctor ordered to reduce global warming.

Old 07-01-2022, 04:45 AM

5,792 posts, read 5,104,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCSweettea View Post
Original poster, I’m not saying Vladimir Putin is a saint. Far from it. I believe he was wrong and invading Ukraine. I believe most wars are wrong in general. And could be avoided. That said, you do understand that your media lies to you on a regular an ongoing basis? They have a narrative for almost any topic and they create a false illusion for you? Ukraine is not innocent. Their leader is a fake person. As fake as they come. He was a reality TV star for crying out loud. He’s a coke head…All those post of him out there in a bulletproof vest on the front lines a while back? All fake. The dudes the typical lying conniving manipulating politician. Russia has been warning Ukraine for years stop doing things to provoke them. Ukraine also broke its agreements they had with Russia do not build up a threatening military on their border. They cut off their water supply. To Russian farmers. Ukrainian did not think Putin would invade. So they egged Russia on. I know everybody wants to believe the narrative they believe but these are facts. Does that mean Russia should have invaded Ukraine? Of course not. But this crap that there’s some innocent little child in this is nonsense.
Exactly.....but your more objective views do not fit the narrative of "US good, Russian, China or XYZ bad" narrative. Otherwise, how could the US government ever justify the massive 700 billion+ military budget, the 11 carrier battle group, the more than 900 military bases worldwide, the continuous wars against XYZ (fill in your flavor of choice) for the past whatever, 30, 40, 60+ years, etc etc etc.

The US is a democratic republic, so the power establishment needs to create narratives so that the voting population can be brainwashed into voting the "right" way. Along the way, Americans can maintain their "USA #1" feeling of a superiority/savior mentality. This is how/why Afghanistan, Syria, Iraq invasions/campaigns all happened. This is also why they all ended up being massive failure (just look at iraq....from a dictatorship that actually functioned, albeit with repression for some, to now being a TOTAL complete FAILED STATE with no electricity or running water and more than 300000 dead from the US occupation...a great leap forward indeed!)...and a huge army of permanently maimed and injured US war veterans with PTSD who now add to the US drug addiction and homelessness statistics. Great way to run a country and the irony is that Americans are always criticizing other countries for their faults. Look in the mirror first.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies