Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-02-2022, 06:27 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,575,737 times

Advertisements

The real question imo...WHY have so many police depts across the country, been aggressively enforcing prostitution laws for so long?!!!

I have a sneaky feeling more cops are 'Christian' than we assume!

Its almost like its personal with some cops, like they get a sense of pleasure from taking 'Godless people' off the streets.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2022, 06:43 AM

5,743 posts, read 3,591,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cttransplant85 View Post
Effectively legalizes prostitution. Thoughts?
/
Yeah. What's wrong with legalized prostitution?

Old 07-02-2022, 06:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arr430 View Post
Yeah. What's wrong with legalized prostitution?
Its not like the laws were effective anyway.

Its GOING to happen, whether its illegal or not! As long as there are customers willing to pay...someone WILL supply.

Old 07-02-2022, 06:47 AM

491 posts, read 393,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
The real question imo...WHY have so many police depts across the country, been aggressively enforcing prostitution laws for so long?!!!

I have a sneaky feeling more cops are 'Christian' than we assume!

Its almost like its personal with some cops, like they get a sense of pleasure from taking 'Godless people' off the streets.
You really sound pretty clueless in the assumptions.

Old 07-02-2022, 06:53 AM

6,960 posts, read 2,693,980 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
Isnt it amazing how the concern over

'human trafficking victims' is a fairly new thing?! LOL

15 yrs ago, no one even used the word 'human trafficking'!

Imo, that is just a modern reason to keep a very old (religious law) on the books and aggressively enforced. If you told citizens today that police will enforce laws on prostitution, (because its sinful and immoral)...NO ONE would tolerate that...but if you told them the laws were being enforced to save human trafficking victims...that is something most people would support.
Where do you think many of the illegal girls coming across our border are going? They don't have jobs lined up cleaning houses. They are being received by prostitution cartels. The same with American girls that run away from home and never found. They are locked in houses or hotel rooms, drugged, and raped for weeks at a time 24/7.

Old 07-02-2022, 06:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annandale_Man View Post
Where do you think many of the illegal girls coming across our border are going? They don't have jobs lined up cleaning houses. They are being received by prostitution cartels. The same with American girls that run away from home and never found. They are locked in houses or hotel rooms, drugged, and raped for weeks at a time 24/7.
Where was all the concern for 'human trafficking victims' years ago?

In decades past, no one even knew what human trafficking was, now its a common household term!

In the 70s and 80s, laws against prostitution was justified because the act was immoral, (NO concerns for human trafficking victims). Hmmm, I wonder why?

Old 07-02-2022, 07:01 AM

11,379 posts, read 5,949,608 times
At least California is consistent in promoting crime and lawlessness.

Any cop will tell you that street prostitution becomes an anchor for crime in a community. I have no clue about legalized prostitution like Amsterdam, but when illegal prostitution is not prosecuted, other crimes soar where it is being practiced.

California promotes crime, whether it is prostitution, illegal drug use, shoplifting, or smash and grab theft. Many cities encourage crime with soft DAs who don't hold criminals accountable.

You get the government you deserve. Here is hoping the CA electorate wakes up someday. I am not holding my breath. Fortunately, I moved away from CA so I no longer have to live through the decay and collapse.

Old 07-02-2022, 07:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floorist View Post
People are just tired of being controlled by religion.
Once upon a time it was not required to be "controlled" by religion. Instead, people were controlled by social family and community culture. You didn't want to disappoint your parents, your friends, and your community, so rather indulge in every vice, there was social pressure to behave yourself.

Self-destructive behavior used to be socially stigmatized, and that social pressure gave people an incentive not to engage in self-destructive behavior or harm to others. Sure, criminals, crazies, and baddies always existed, but the numbers were small and most people grew to be upstanding, well-adjusted adults.

American culture today has devolved into, "do your own thing and if it feels good do it". No stigma. Anything goes. Feel free to destroy yourself with the vice of your choice.

There is a term for this and it is called licentiousness. We used to understand that liberty was supreme but that it came with certain social responsibilities that people were obligated to uphold, and those choosing not to received a disincentive of some kind.

Society works best when culture and social pressure encourage moral behavior, and not laws or government rules.

Today, it is just anything goes, aided by mobility and anonymity. You can be as immoral and self-destructive as you want, and then just move to a new town where nobody knows you and do it all over again until you succeed in destroying yourself with anything from anxiety, depression, and drug addiction to total destruction like a drug overdose or suicide.

It is sad to have watched society go backwards my entire lifetime.

Old 07-02-2022, 07:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by diddlydudette View Post
Since hookers, drug dealers, those commiting domestic violence and all other criminals are no longer getting arrested, what's left?! Go to California to commit your crimes freely and out in the open.

Soon with Dems in office, and with 2 and a half more years of chaos and destruction, there will be no law and order anywhere. I find it sad.
Yep, you get more of what you encourage and promote. It is up to the voters to fix, and they are not.

Old 07-02-2022, 07:29 AM

20,318 posts, read 19,905,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lionking View Post
For once in my life I actually agree with something California is doing.
Ditto
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies