Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-01-2022, 09:30 PM

9,862 posts, read 4,638,421 times

Advertisements

California has decided to tax lithium, a critical mineral mineral used in car batteries. The car industry has warned them it could raise cost and/or delay production/shipments of evs.

https://www.reuters.com/business/sus...gs-2022-07-01/

I guess their logic is mandate/coerce green and get green back.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2022, 06:43 AM

59,022 posts, read 27,290,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anononcty View Post
California has decided to tax lithium, a critical mineral mineral used in car batteries. The car industry has warned them it could raise cost and/or delay production/shipments of evs.

https://www.reuters.com/business/sus...gs-2022-07-01/

I guess their logic is mandate/coerce green and get green back.
Surprise, surprise!

Old 07-02-2022, 07:08 AM
Status: "Apparently the worst poster on CD" (set 25 days ago)

27,642 posts, read 16,125,463 times
They will tax your farts. It'll happen.

Old 07-02-2022, 08:13 AM

21,096 posts, read 19,703,590 times
I support anything that hurts Californians. They deserve to be punished mercilessly for electing Newsome the Idiot and not recalling him.

Old 07-02-2022, 08:16 AM

43,076 posts, read 18,252,401 times
Soon they will tax the air you breath.....

Government reach knows no bounds.

Old 07-02-2022, 08:44 AM

8,419 posts, read 4,574,906 times
It's the same with a lot of things. Remember when you were incentivized to use ATM's instead of a bank teller? As soon as most people stopped using tellers and they could eliminate those positions they started attaching fees for ATM use. Now that most people use online banking they are starting to figure out ways to attach a "convenience fee" to that. Another example is cable. Everyone gets the bight idea of "cutting the cord" and using online streaming services. So all the cable company has to do is jack up internet rates. You are going to pay them one way or another.
It's all a form of social engineering, designed to trick you into doing something that benefits them while making you believe you are clever and staying one step ahead of them through technology. You aren't beating them, you are doing exactly what they want.

Now pardon me while I pay for my groceries using self checkout. If I want more product on the shelves I will have to stock them myself I guess.

Old 07-02-2022, 08:47 AM
Status: "Apparently the worst poster on CD" (set 25 days ago)

27,642 posts, read 16,125,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clutchcargo777 View Post
It's the same with a lot of things. Remember when you were incentivized to use ATM's instead of a bank teller? As soon as most people stopped using tellers and they could eliminate those positions they started attaching fees for ATM use. Now that most people use online banking they are starting to figure out ways to attach a "convenience fee" to that. Another example is cable. Everyone gets the bight idea of "cutting the cord" and using online streaming services. So all the cable company has to do is jack up internet rates. You are going to pay them one way or another.
It's all a form of social engineering, designed to trick you into doing something that benefits them while making you believe you are clever and staying one step ahead of them through technology. You aren't beating them, you are doing exactly what they want.

Now pardon me while I pay for my groceries using self checkout. If I want more product on the shelves I will have to stock them myself I guess.

Old 07-02-2022, 08:48 AM

6,015 posts, read 2,840,559 times
This is they type of government Californians voted for. There should not be ANY complaints from those that voted for the Democratic Party...

Old 07-02-2022, 08:50 AM

43,076 posts, read 18,252,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retroit View Post
I support anything that hurts Californians. They deserve to be punished mercilessly for electing Newsome the Idiot and not recalling him.
Which will come back to hurt you because major ports are located in CA .... you know where your food and "stuff" comes from.

Old 07-02-2022, 08:52 AM

6,015 posts, read 2,840,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clutchcargo777 View Post
What a fantastic post and totally on point!

Streaming is no longer less expensive than cable, at least when I priced everything out. It is about in line with cable, or in some cases, more expensive.

Someone should start a service that bundles all of the streaming services together and offer it at a discount... Oh, wait a minute!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies