Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-02-2022, 01:28 PM

30,902 posts, read 32,995,285 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
Nah. It would have ended. If it wouldn't have ended on moral grounds, it would have ended on economic grounds within 20 years of the Civil War years.
Ah, but that’s not what you said. You were defending what our forefathers founded the nation on.

Now you’re saying, hey, it was all going to change anyway?

Is this what you’re going to found your new country on? A bunch of stuff that’s morally reprehensible but hey, it’s probably going to change anyway? Good luck, brother, and Godspeed. This ought to be interesting.

Old 07-02-2022, 01:30 PM

13,071 posts, read 7,505,741 times
Splitting, won't MAGA.
YMMV

Old 07-02-2022, 01:35 PM

2,713 posts, read 2,212,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by diddlydudette View Post
We could have an area for the left and one for the right leaning.

This way each nation could live how they want and be happy. I just don't want to live under dems in power any longer. It is downright miserable and hard to accept how they are destroying our country on purpose.

Let them have their own part where they can have all the illegals that they want, they can have no law and order and they can let a dictator dictate to them how they live. Do away with all prisons and let no one be arrested. They can all live off the government and take their handouts and have their free speech taken away. They can have all the abortions that they want. There can be abortion clinics on each corner like there are CVS drug stores.

They can cancel people/things and have all the new pronouns they want. They can have a person of color trans dictator and no white person has any power. They are mere lowlifes. They can have their own WOKE speech and go to town on all things WOKE. Let them enjoy their doom and gloom that they bring and want.

They can do away with all American flags. They can take away religion and any Patriotic song such as Star Spangled banner.

Then can all go buy electric cars with money the government supplies to them and pay high prices at the grocery store.

They can take away all guns so no one can protect themselves with their high crimes. Homeless people can take over the streets.

Why is this not possible right now? How do we get this started? I'm so ready.

Let's face it, we will never come together for the sake of the country. We have 2 different ideas of how this country should be. Dems want to destroy and Republican want to build it up into something great.

I'm not interested in living in the world of Biden, i.e. his cronies. I hate it. I would love to have the country split in two and lets have a sane person in power and we could have such a good place to live again.
It would be a huge improvement if the big earthquake split California, Oregon and Washington from the rest of the USA. Then maybe the left liberals would all move there.

Old 07-02-2022, 01:48 PM

7,353 posts, read 3,525,357 times
in theory it sounds good, but where would liberals retire to?

Old 07-02-2022, 01:50 PM

9,434 posts, read 4,251,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seguinite View Post
Great! Then they'll have an honest opportunity to 'put their money where their mouths are'. Let's see how many of the them actually DO leave for greener pastures then instead of just yakking about it every time 'their' guy loses and election. You know.... since all the evil conservatives won't be around to blame things on.
Who exactly is yakking! Not in this thread. Who wants to leave for greener pastures- not the liberals in this thread. Who wants to split the country? Not the liberals in this thread
You know we are pretty happy. Not perfect but pretty happy. No reason to leave. Although given the choice, we live in areas of the country that follows policies that are more aligned with our sensibilities. And being able to afford mobility is an advantage.
And they certainly put our money where are mouth is. Any idea how much money is being raked in by the prochoice advocates in the last week or so. Checks are being written.big checks.
They are not cheap.
Where are you getting your data that you think something different is happening? Is there a particular web site spewing this absolutely false information?
Liberals are staying, fighting and not giving up on their ideals.

Old 07-02-2022, 02:01 PM

30,063 posts, read 18,660,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by grampaTom View Post
They would just move to the conservative areas and try to change them -- like they are already doing in states like Texas and Tennessee and Arizona
We would have to have strict immigration laws that prohibits the immigration of liberals to the sane US and make liberalism illegal. As anarchy would ensue in liberal America, there would be an attempted mass migration to sane America, which would have to be prevented with force if necessary.

Libs are fascists and want to control and limit the rights of everyone else. This "union" cannot continue much longer, as libs do not value the rule of law nor the Constitution.

We have all the food, energy, nearly all of the military and nukes, most of the water, and great ports. Libs are just a burden to the nation and it is high time we cut them loose and let them destroy their own nation and kill each other.

Old 07-02-2022, 02:03 PM

23,971 posts, read 15,075,178 times
[quote=RMESMH;63730819]So then you'd be okay with benefits stopping once you've hit what you contributed, right ? [/QUOTE

Old 07-02-2022, 02:04 PM

35,691 posts, read 21,045,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by diddlydudette View Post
We could have an area for the left and one for the right leaning.

This way each nation could live how they want and be happy. I just don't want to live under dems in power any longer. It is downright miserable and hard to accept how they are destroying our country on purpose.

Let them have their own part where they can have all the illegals that they want, they can have no law and order and they can let a dictator dictate to them how they live. Do away with all prisons and let no one be arrested. They can all live off the government RV and take their handouts and have their free speech taken away. They can have all the abortions that they want. There can be abortion clinics on each corner like there are CVS drug stores.

They can cancel people/things and have all the new pronouns they want. They can have a person of color trans dictator and no white person has any power. They are mere lowlifes. They can have their own WOKE speech and go to town on all things WOKE. Let them enjoy their doom and gloom that they bring and want.

They can do away with all American flags. They can take away religion and any Patriotic song such as Star Spangled banner.

Then can all go buy electric cars with money the government supplies to them and pay high prices at the grocery store.

They can take away all guns so no one can protect themselves with their high crimes. Homeless people can take over the streets.

Why is this not possible right now? How do we get this started? I'm so ready.

Let's face it, we will never come together for the sake of the country. We have 2 different ideas of how this country should be. Dems want to destroy and Republican want to build it up into something great.

I'm not interested in living in the world of Biden, i.e. his cronies. I hate it. I would love to have the country split in two and lets have a sane person in power and we could have such a good place to live again.
Its like saying men should live with out women and vice versa. What we need is a great independent and stop the foolishness from both sides. Me, it be mandatory each politician go through a psych test and therapy.

Old 07-02-2022, 02:06 PM

30,063 posts, read 18,660,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reubenray View Post
It would be a huge improvement if the big earthquake split California, Oregon and Washington from the rest of the USA. Then maybe the left liberals would all move there.
Unfortunately, with lateral moving tectonic plates, there will never be a physical separation along the San Andreas fault from the rest of continental America. It just moves along that fault line.

CA, WA, and OR are figuratively sliding into hell and moving further and further away from western civilization. The path liberals are taking will lead to the destruction of the family unit and traditional society, which will weaken the nation from an industrial, social, and military standpoint.

If western civilization is going to persist, we must separate from liberals.

Old 07-02-2022, 02:07 PM

23,971 posts, read 15,075,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
Originally Posted by crone View Post
Decide who is going where. Then figure out where the money goes. Does each person's FICA and SS follow them or is it divided up by amount contributed per state? Then who gets what.

If there is no nation, who gets the property owned by the USA? It cannot go to the state where it is located because all the USA taxpayers paid for it and the upkeep.

What about the military, property and benefits owed? My state promised a college education to veterans and their kids. What if there is no national military. Does that promise hold for Texas citizens in the military stationed somewhere else?

Just think about the property settlement nightmare. It's a stupid suggestion.

But come on down to Texas. You will love it. and there will be no liberal in charge for the next 100 years. I'll make you a great deal on a 5/3.5 updated 3400 foot house close to 290@1960 in Houston.

Sorry, I messed up the quote feature.

Anyway, I would assume there would still be a U.S. And then the group that split off from them, just like the intention of the South in the Civil War.

So who would keep U.S. funds? The U.S.
That's my take on it. But then why confuse em. They'll never figure that out.

But then, who gets the debt?

We can get a demonstration by watching the UMC go through their split. They are trying to figure out the settlement.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies