Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-03-2022, 07:13 AM

8,410 posts, read 4,571,146 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
I dont know whats worse, people believing Biden...or that gas stations do not profit much at all from selling fuel?! LOL

Keep this in mind...if they were not making a hefty profit...stores would not bother selling it!
Average profit from gas=3 cents a gallon.

https://thehustle.co/why-most-gas-st...20per%20gallon.

Quote:
The real money is made inside the store

Today, 80% of all gas stations have a convenience store on site.
According to a study conducted by the National Association of Convenience Stores, 44% of gas station customers go inside. And among them, 1 in 3 ends up indulging in some kind of treat.
The goods inside these stores — Doritos, sunglasses, lotto tickets, energy drinks — only account for ~30% of the average gas station’s revenue, yet bring in 70% of the profit.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-03-2022, 07:17 AM

88,971 posts, read 44,780,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdlr View Post
Jeff Bezos was correct about Biden! Out empty headed President doesn't even have basic understanding of the economy. Thanks alot Democrats! You all must be just as inept, to have voted him in.
What's even worse is quite clearly his staff and advisors are just as completely clueless. They let him go out there and say inane things like this.

The only alternative explanation is that they KNOW their voter base is ridiculously stupid and will believe it.

Old 07-03-2022, 07:22 AM

4,596 posts, read 6,350,757 times
If some stations are not making obscene markups on fuel right now, I need someone to 'splain to me why stations less than 2 hours from me in a much larger town (equates to higher property taxes, more sales) is selling gas for $4.23 per gallon while in my rural area (equates to lower property taxes, less sales) is $4.79 ?

Last edited by gemstone1; 07-03-2022 at 07:34 AM..

Old 07-03-2022, 07:23 AM
sub

4,963 posts, read 3,748,785 times
So tired of this "pass the buck" presidency.

Who's to blame doesn't matter when you're the president. It's his job to guide people towards solutions, not play petty blame games.
Not even to come up with, but to guide.
To do that, he needs to be a uniter instead of a divisive hack.

Old 07-03-2022, 07:24 AM

8,629 posts, read 9,130,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gemstone1 View Post
If some stations are not making obscene markups on fuel right now, I need someone to 'splain to me why stations less than 2 hours from me in a much larger town (equates to higher property taxes, more sales) is selling gas for $4.23 per gallon and in my rural area (equates to lower property taxes, less sales) is $4.79 ?
Perhaps it costs more fuel to deliver to your small town than it does in a city near you? It also could be more competition in the city where gas stations are on every other block.

Old 07-03-2022, 07:27 AM

88,971 posts, read 44,780,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gemstone1 View Post
If some stations are not making obscene markups on fuel right now, I need someone to 'splain to me why stations less than 2 hours from me in a much larger town (equates to higher property taxes, more sales) is selling gas for $4.23 per gallon and in my rural area (equates to lower property taxes, less sales) is $4.79 ?
It could be any number of things. The price the station had to pay for the fuel, extra freight/delivery costs to get to remote smaller towns, etc.

I live in a remote area. You have to cross a 3 mile bridge over the sound to get here. Everything costs more than it does on the mainland because freight and delivery costs are higher to supply the local gas stations and stores.

Old 07-03-2022, 07:35 AM

25,689 posts, read 18,773,845 times
Well, it's actually not the gas stations themselves that are causing all the world's problems and unjustly causing pubic opinion of Brandon to be in the toilet. The problem is the guy that comes and services the gas pumps once or twice a year. That's your culprit. That's who's to blame for everything--from high gas prices to the egg shortage. And, by God, he must be stopped!

Old 07-03-2022, 07:37 AM

6,364 posts, read 2,698,793 times
Biden has blamed Trump, Putin, the Oil Companies, and even the Consumer for high gas prices. I'm actually surprised it took him this long to go after the Station Owners.

Just trying to figure out who he will blame next once this "Passing the Buck" doesn't work either. I think the Trucking industry better watch out. Biden might tell you to start delivering the fuel for free.

Old 07-03-2022, 07:38 AM

45,676 posts, read 23,994,029 times
Quote:
I dont know whats worse, people believing Biden...or that gas stations do not profit much at all from selling fuel?! LOL

Keep this in mind...if they were not making a hefty profit...stores would not bother selling it!
10 cents a gallon is their profit. Not much...the real profit is in the junk we buy in the stores.

Old 07-03-2022, 07:39 AM

2,446 posts, read 1,066,501 times
Quote:

The gas makes one or two cents a gallon they make their money selling cigarettes, snacks, even car washes. Gas brings people in.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies