Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-04-2022, 09:10 AM

6,980 posts, read 2,703,533 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AfriqueNY View Post
https://www.facebook.com/groups/3393...3225515983026/

I'm curious to see what the comments will be as opposed to the cruise ship fiasco.

Stay away from Myrtle Beach, Chuckie Cheese, Applebee's, Hooters, or any bar that advertised "2 for 1".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-04-2022, 09:14 AM

4,389 posts, read 1,698,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
Judging by their obesity I’d guess they are primarily liberals.
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
I disagree. Colorado, Hawaii, and Massachusetts have the lowest obesity rates in the USA. They are both liberal states.

Data from CDC. Map provided: https://www.cdc.gov/obesity/data/prevalence-maps.html

West Virginia, Kentucky, Indiana, Kansas, Oklahoma, they have obesity rates comparable to the Deep South. Political party has nothing to do with obesity rates. I live in the South and I see plenty of obese women who vote Republican.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
That means nothing. All states have liberals and conservatives. The fat people in any state tend to be the fat ones.
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Your post: https://www.city-data.com/forum/63735373-post33.html

You claimed they were liberals based on their weight. The CDC's data tells me otherwise. If broken down by just White obesity rates, conservative states lead in that category. Kentucky, West Virginia, Indiana, Oklahoma, Mississippi, Arkansas.
Ahahaha. You got called out on your ridiculous claim, and presented with facts, and now you’re backtracking. Those damn pesky facts sure can be annoying!

Old 07-04-2022, 09:16 AM

4,389 posts, read 1,698,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
Flown in by Spirit Airlines.
OMG, I flew Spirit last weekend for the first time ever… never again. Back to Jet Blue for me.

Old 07-04-2022, 09:17 AM

17,619 posts, read 17,665,401 times
Income and education doesn’t dictate low class. I served 8 years in the Navy in the 1990s. We were required to leave the ship with another sailor or a group of sailors. Most of the sailors wanted to find the nearest bar to get drunk. I would leave the group quietly to go off on my own. I could see how some of those other sailors behaved while out in these foreign ports. Some behaved properly and some acted no better than those in that cruise video. Their rank and income didn’t define their behavior. Some officers behaved horribly while so,e low ranking enlisted behaved well. Of course there were more misbehaving enlisted than officers. I also saw tourist misbehaving and some behaving well. You would think an American who could afford a trip to Mediterranean coastal cities would not be low class but too many were low class in their behavior. What counts is how one is raised more than their income and education.

Old 07-04-2022, 09:21 AM

8,851 posts, read 5,871,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AfriqueNY View Post
https://www.facebook.com/groups/3393...3225515983026/

I'm curious to see what the comments will be as opposed to the cruise ship fiasco.
Both are exactly of trashy behavior, although in fairness, the cruise ship incident was a full on brawl with probably at least 50 people. This was 2 classless women splashing water on each other and throwing a couple items. A much smaller-scale incident than the cruise ship melee imo. But both low class.

Old 07-04-2022, 09:26 AM

30,065 posts, read 18,663,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stone26 View Post
OMG, I flew Spirit last weekend for the first time ever… never again. Back to Jet Blue for me.
NEVER fly discount airlines- EVER!

We almost exclusively fly Delta and purchase the tickets through Delta. Either fly business or first class (it's really not as expensive as you think) to avoid the dirtballs.

Now I grew up poor white trash. However, we did not behave like the lower classes do today.

We used to live in East Tennessee- white trash central was Gatlinburg and Dollywood. As locals, we always went to the NC side of the Blue Ridge and avoided Gatlinburg and The Smokies. The Blue Ridge (same chain of course) is far less crowded and the hikes are better. All the bums in that area loved to vacation at Myrtle Beach (we call it dirty Myrtle).

A good idea to avoid dirt balls also is to go to an area which takes some physical effort to gain access. Crowds thin out to about nothing when you go further than 200 yards away from parking lots at National Parks and National Forests.

When you go to restaurants, avoid cheaper chain restaurants and make sure every entree is over $20.

Old 07-04-2022, 09:42 AM

15,860 posts, read 6,322,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
NEVER fly discount airlines- EVER!

We almost exclusively fly Delta and purchase the tickets through Delta. Either fly business or first class (it's really not as expensive as you think) to avoid the dirtballs.

Now I grew up poor white trash. However, we did not behave like the lower classes do today.

We used to live in East Tennessee- white trash central was Gatlinburg and Dollywood. As locals, we always went to the NC side of the Blue Ridge and avoided Gatlinburg and The Smokies. The Blue Ridge (same chain of course) is far less crowded and the hikes are better. All the bums in that area loved to vacation at Myrtle Beach (we call it dirty Myrtle).

A good idea to avoid dirt balls also is to go to an area which takes some physical effort to gain access. Crowds thin out to about nothing when you go further than 200 yards away from parking lots at National Parks and National Forests.

When you go to restaurants, avoid cheaper chain restaurants and make sure every entree is over $20.
Wait a minute, Hillary is that you?

Old 07-04-2022, 09:59 AM

73,012 posts, read 62,607,656 times
I tend to go many places by myself. Whenever I travel out of town, I have a tendency to do so alone. I think this makes it easier for me to avoid low class behavior. If it's just me, I can just remove myself from a bad situation. I'm not saying I will travel alone all the time. However, I have noticed that traveling alone tends make it easier for me to remove myself from trashy situations.

Old 07-04-2022, 10:10 AM

5,581 posts, read 6,508,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
I don't care about having the HOA's dictating every detail that one has to do to conform. My town has laws about what they can park , can't have items around the house that trash it up, etc. but we can have enough freedom to plant what tree and where, what color to paint our homes etc.
Pasco County, Florida, Moon Lake, evidently doesn't have an HOA telling them how to "conform".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iN9aaP46MQI&t=390s

Old 07-04-2022, 10:16 AM

1,213 posts, read 567,936 times
It’s funny what some peoples opinion of “class” is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies