Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-05-2022, 10:54 AM

12,783 posts, read 9,298,764 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSRetired View Post
Well if people only voted for Biden because they didn't like Trump's tweeting then you have your "standard'.
That's what they like about Biden..he doesn't tweet.
He probaby doesn't know how to used a computer. I doubt he could program his VCR 30 years ago either.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2022, 10:55 AM

9,351 posts, read 5,104,043 times
All they say is 'he's not Trump,' and occasionally someone will say he has people around him that know what they are doing, in vague reference to Biden's clearly diminished capacity. Once someone said Biden was a real leader. I actually laughed out loud at that. smh....

Old 07-05-2022, 10:58 AM

1,260 posts, read 1,401,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mustangman66 View Post
I like to joke around and I took that quote from Billy Madison because I thought it was fitting. I dont feel the response remotely answered the question at all. In fact, it was more of a deflection by focusing on the previous President which is irrelevant to the question. There was nothing in the response that explained how Biden is doing a good job. What policies under Biden are reflective of him doing a good job?
The comparison to any president’s opponent is not irrelevant to the question. Every election compares one candidate to the other, so in every circumstance voters’ assessment of the job being done hinges on that comparison. The question is reductive in any event, as so often is the case in today’s discourse.

Is Biden doing a good job? I certainly think so, considering the steaming pile of garbage he inherited. Aside from Covid and all that entails, he’s been swimming upstream all along trying to fight back against liars and obstructionists in Congress (including two “Democrats” in the Senate). Like most Americans I don’t know a lot about the inner workings of policy making, and I’m probably glad I don’t, but the policies being backed by the administration are ones I support. When he got the chance to make a Supreme Court nomination he went for talent, experience, and judiciousness rather than ideological bent. There is a lot more I want to see happen but I at least am confident that this president truly has America’s best interests at heart, for ALL Americans.

Being President is about much more than policy. It may feel easy to dismiss “mean tweets” but for Pete’s sake, that is our PRESIDENT’S voice. If we want America and its people to be respected, it’s not asking too much for our own President to do the same.

Old 07-05-2022, 11:00 AM

1,260 posts, read 1,401,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OpenRider View Post
You said it's astronomically in Biden's favor?

So far Biden's choices haven't impressed me either. They appear rather inept. He was obviously more concerned with diversity over all other considerations, choosing his administration based on gender, race and sexual preference.

It's hard to believe anyone can examine his choices and not come to that conclusion.

If anything, it's a draw. And that's a stretch.
Most of the people around Trump are criminals, full stop. When I look at the list of indictments, convictions and pardons it’s impossible to see anything other than a mafia boss operating in full Godfather mode.

Old 07-05-2022, 11:12 AM

8,722 posts, read 4,991,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanderling View Post
Most of the people around Trump are criminals, full stop. When I look at the list of indictments, convictions and pardons it’s impossible to see anything other than a mafia boss operating in full Godfather mode.
Unlike biden. Let us start with The Big Guys son.

Old 07-05-2022, 11:13 AM

1,134 posts, read 402,991 times
Quote:
Yes some had to be removed by Trump himself. All Presidents do plenty of pardons so to me that's always a wash.

When the nation's shipping ports were backed up and the supply chain situation became worse and worse, I remember the conversations about Biden's Secretary of Transportation, Pete Buttigieg.

"Where's Buttigieg? He needs to offer solutions!" "Oh, he went out on a two month maternity leave with his husband."

That was a good choice, eh?

And when Mayorkas claimed the border was closed and secure on national television, that told us more about how inept his administration really is. Either that or there is corruption going on there behind the scenes.

Kamala Harris for a VP? I don't think we even need to address that one anymore. Everyone already sees how inept she is.

Old 07-05-2022, 11:15 AM

42,661 posts, read 17,872,014 times
Quote:
Are you intentionally ignoring Hunter Biden ?

Old 07-05-2022, 11:16 AM

2,546 posts, read 1,128,885 times
yes and why first reason I was given was that he loves his wife and they are a nice couple. Second reason he speaks so softly Third reason I was given is that he lets everyone from Mexico come into the US.

Also I was told do not say this is America I was told I should say the US.

She also thinks Mexico is part of the US and is just another State in the US. I brought up how we got more interest added to our savings, investments when Trump was in office. But she said it wasn't him and a President has nothing to do with that. She also said besides if it was Trump who helped with interest rates then why are they still high in savings accounts when Biden is in office? I told her he doesn't make the decision, but he may be able to make agreements, which can also be called deals, are never forever but she doesn't understand that. Then I was told by that same person that she didn't care about any interest being added to savings accounts or investments. As long as Biden is letting all people in from Mexico and everywhere else come into the US and doesn't care if they are poor, she thinks he is doing a good job. She hated that Trump didn't allow the poor or uneducated Mexicans into the US as she put it.

Old 07-05-2022, 11:16 AM

452 posts, read 276,921 times
Quote:
That sounds like a " but Trump" to me.......lol

Old 07-05-2022, 11:32 AM

18,335 posts, read 8,162,371 times
Quote:
makes it blaringly obvious how corrupt the left is....right in your face obvious
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies