Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-05-2022, 12:41 PM

1,134 posts, read 400,398 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanderling View Post
One of the key standards I care most about is the people the President chooses to have with him. By that measure the comparison of Biden to Trump tilts astronomically in Biden's favor.
Who can forget Biden's claim that inflation will only be a small problem and will pass quickly. EVERYONE in his administration agreed with him when questioned on it.

Economists were issuing serious inflation warnings back in the 2nd quarter of 2021. Since Biden obviously didn't pay attention to them, how do you explain the rest of his administration doing the same? Shouldn't they at least be giving him a nudge in the right direction? Don't they even read the newspapers? Obviously they weren't paying attention either.

Biden was too preoccupied with trying to push through his massive spending bill. As were the people around him.

And here we are today. Biden keeps calling it the "Putin Price Hike", while Fed Chair Powell contradicted him when questioned on it, saying inflation was already well on the move up before Russia invaded Ukraine.

There has also been plenty of discussion about how Biden foolishly said America would allow a limited invasion by Russia, and how that played into Putin's decision.

Biden and his administration have not been impressive. Far from it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2022, 12:42 PM

4,992 posts, read 3,894,279 times
CNN just absolutely ripped apart Biden in a very long article. All hands are on deck to jettison him before he kills the brand for the next five or six cycles:

For starters: “Top Democrats complain the President isn't acting with -- or perhaps is even capable of -- the urgency the moment demands.
"Rudderless, aimless and hopeless" is how one member of Congress described the White House.
Two dozen leading Democratic politicians and operatives, as well as several within the West Wing, tell CNN they feel this goes deeper than questions of ideology and posture. Instead, they say, it gets to questions of basic management.”

https://www.cnn.com/2022/07/05/polit...cks/index.html

Old 07-05-2022, 12:46 PM

4,270 posts, read 1,515,237 times
Does anyone think he's doing a good job?

Some people might prefer his demeanor compared to the previous incumbent but even that isn't enough to get any favorability, surely?

Old 07-05-2022, 12:48 PM

9,866 posts, read 7,566,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Commenter View Post
CNN just absolutely ripped apart Biden in a very long article. All hands are on deck to jettison him before he kills the brand for the next five or six cycles:

For starters: “Top Democrats complain the President isn't acting with -- or perhaps is even capable of -- the urgency the moment demands.
"Rudderless, aimless and hopeless" is how one member of Congress described the White House.
Two dozen leading Democratic politicians and operatives, as well as several within the West Wing, tell CNN they feel this goes deeper than questions of ideology and posture. Instead, they say, it gets to questions of basic management.”

Great article. Biden's own can't stand him either. Now THAT is bad!! Biden is an idiot and he's getting worse and worse each day.

Old 07-05-2022, 12:53 PM

41,721 posts, read 17,294,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Commenter View Post

Not one Dem name though....are they afraid to make themselves known to the public ?

Old 07-05-2022, 12:58 PM

4,179 posts, read 3,706,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanderling View Post
The comparison to any president’s opponent is not irrelevant to the question. Every election compares one candidate to the other, so in every circumstance voters’ assessment of the job being done hinges on that comparison. The question is reductive in any event, as so often is the case in today’s discourse.

Is Biden doing a good job? I certainly think so, considering the steaming pile of garbage he inherited. Aside from Covid and all that entails, he’s been swimming upstream all along trying to fight back against liars and obstructionists in Congress (including two “Democrats” in the Senate). Like most Americans I don’t know a lot about the inner workings of policy making, and I’m probably glad I don’t, but the policies being backed by the administration are ones I support. When he got the chance to make a Supreme Court nomination he went for talent, experience, and judiciousness rather than ideological bent. There is a lot more I want to see happen but I at least am confident that this president truly has America’s best interests at heart, for ALL Americans.

Being President is about much more than policy. It may feel easy to dismiss “mean tweets” but for Pete’s sake, that is our PRESIDENT’S voice. If we want America and its people to be respected, it’s not asking too much for our own President to do the same.
The reason why someone is doing a good job is based solely on that persons actions regardless of anyone else. What was the steaming pile of garbage he inherited? How has he been fighting back and what was the outcome? Did it benefit the US? If so, how? Im going to go out on a limb and say there must be some policy under Biden that works for Americans but off the top of my head he has pushed the US into a downward spiral. Im also not a Trumper, just a concerned citizen that votes for the best candidate regardless of political affiliation.

As far as the Supreme Court nomination, it had nothing to do with qualification and everything to do with race and gender. He himself promised to nominate a black woman.

I think policy is #1. I also think if Trump could have contained himself he would have crushed Biden.

Old 07-05-2022, 01:10 PM

1,134 posts, read 400,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSRetired View Post
Not one Dem name though....are they afraid to make themselves known to the public ?
That could certainly be the reason and I would understand if it is. If their constituents are heavy Biden supporters they may not want the potential backlash. Probably a "career decision" to remain anonymous. They want to keep their jobs no matter how the next elections turn out.

Old 07-05-2022, 01:15 PM

15,973 posts, read 10,531,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie&Rose View Post
Unlike biden. Let us start with The Big Guys son.
We don't elect a candidate's children. The Trump kids would not fare well in a mudslinging contest. So, do you really want to drag Trump's family into this? The sweetheart deals, subpoenas, fraud charges, and fifth amendment pleas are going to pile up. It will not go well.

Biden's son Beau was elected Attorney General of a Maryland twice and had a distinguished military record and served in combat (Bronze Star and [National Guard] Legion of Merit). Beau died of a brain tumor in 2015.

Hunter is a lobbyist and investor and served in the Naval Reserve. His business dealings have been called into question, mostly by GOP activists who conveniently ignore the nefarious business dealings of the Trump family members. The ongoing laptop issue was first raised by none other than Donald Trump's personal attorney Rudy Giuliani and former chief strategist Steve Bannon, who we know to be political hacks and less than reliable or truthful in all matters. Hunter has been open and truthful about his life-long struggle with drug and alcohol abuse.

Old 07-05-2022, 01:17 PM

50,130 posts, read 35,769,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by diddlydudette View Post
Great article. Biden's own can't stand him either. Now THAT is bad!! Biden is an idiot and he's getting worse and worse each day.

I don't think he's a good president, but at the same time, I can still say "Thank God he won".

Old 07-05-2022, 01:38 PM

25,403 posts, read 9,678,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
I don't think he's a good president, but at the same time, I can still say "Thank God he won".
Me too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies