Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-09-2022, 12:34 AM

29,522 posts, read 22,674,035 times

Advertisements

I agree with him, however, I wish the system carried out the death penalty much quicker than allowing some inmate to spend decades in limbo (sometimes dying before being executed).

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world...lem/ar-AAZnOxP

Quote:
Former President Donald Trump says the U.S. should model its response to the illegal narcotics trade on China, where he said accused drug dealers are executed after swift trials.

Trump made the remarks in a speech he delivered in Las Vegas, Nevada, Friday during a rally for his endorsed candidates in the state's gubernatorial and Senate races. The speech was marked by two recurring themes for Trump: a demand for law and order, as well as an admiration for heavy-handed governance.

Addressing what he's characterized as an alarming wave of violent crime, Trump prefaced his praise for China by saying he would either "get a standing ovation" or "people are going to walk out of the room."

"If you look at countries all throughout the world ... the only ones that don't have a drug problem are those that institute the death penalty for drug dealers. They're the only ones, you understand that? China has no drug problem," Trump said to applause.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2022, 12:45 AM

35 posts, read 24,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
I agree with him, however, I wish the system carried out the death penalty much quicker than allowing some inmate to spend decades in limbo (sometimes dying before being executed).

MAGA 2024

Old 07-09-2022, 01:24 AM

6,927 posts, read 6,941,304 times
Some things never change. Trump still longs (and will always long) for a totalitarian/authoritarian state with himself at the helm. I hope he repeats these words of his loudly and often. While Trump supporters will no doubt cheer this idea on, the rest of the country will be horrified.

Old 07-09-2022, 04:52 AM

20,346 posts, read 19,937,992 times
Let the individual states decide drug policies along with punishment for crimes.

Old 07-09-2022, 04:56 AM

6,993 posts, read 2,713,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doc1 View Post
Let the individual states decide drug policies along with punishment for crimes.
Interstate drug trafficing is a Federal offense.

Old 07-09-2022, 04:59 AM

9,434 posts, read 4,257,977 times
What, wasn’t he president at one time fairly recently? Why didn’t he say/do something then, it’s not a new problem.

Old 07-09-2022, 05:54 AM

31,340 posts, read 14,281,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado Rambler View Post
Some things never change. Trump still longs (and will always long) for a totalitarian/authoritarian state with himself at the helm. I hope he repeats these words of his loudly and often. While Trump supporters will no doubt cheer this idea on, the rest of the country will be horrified.
A lot of the rest of the country is horrified by the illegitimate incompetent buffoon that is in charge now.

Old 07-09-2022, 05:54 AM

11,507 posts, read 6,021,967 times
And yet Trump granted a presidential pardon to Memphis drug Kingpin Alice Marie Johnson, who ran a multi-million dollar cocaine ring, just because he was asked by Kim Kardashian.

This is exactly the kind of scum that needs to rot behind bars, due to all of the death and damaged lives she caused. But she looks like a kind innocent grandma so...

I like Trump and he is on the right track here, but we are all hypocrites from time to time as he is here.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alice_Marie_Johnson

Last edited by Igor Blevin; 07-09-2022 at 06:16 AM..

Old 07-09-2022, 06:07 AM

5,069 posts, read 2,281,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post

Completely disagree, unless the drug dealer has committed another crime in the process of dealing - killed someone, stolen, etc.

Full bodily autonomy folks. Decriminalize drugs. Let people proceed as they wish. If they're stupid enough to do heavy drugs, then let them deal with the consequences. If they are in the hospital and there are other emergencies, they get deprioritized. They overdose, and can't be seen, oh well. They commit a crime for drug money, let the punishment be severe.

People eat themselves to death and take up hospital resources. People drink alcohol and kill themselves (and others). Punishment only when you effect another's life.

Old 07-09-2022, 06:07 AM

25,849 posts, read 16,540,341 times
And death penalty for any crime that involves violence against another with intent to kill.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies