Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-04-2022, 12:52 PM

1,884 posts, read 991,974 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe the Photog View Post
I never said shooters were normal or even "mentally healthy." But most mentally ill folks such as myself are actual the victims of a crime, not the perpetrators. Most of the mass shooters in the past have had serious anger issues that they cannot control. Anger is not a mental illness
Strong disagree.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-04-2022, 12:52 PM

9,972 posts, read 7,654,543 times
Quote:
Another excuse to blame the "mentally ill" on this horror.

SMH
I hate to disagree with you since you live near me. lol But anyone that kills multiple people on purpose is mentally ill. How can anyone with a sound mind want to do that?

Old 07-04-2022, 12:57 PM

15,697 posts, read 9,448,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by diddlydudette View Post
I hate to disagree with you since you live near me. lol But anyone that kills multiple people on purpose is mentally ill. How can anyone with a sound mind want to do that?
Some people are just evil. Some people have anger issues. And I never said mass shooters were of a "sound mind." Just routinely and randomly blaming the "mentally ill" does no one any good since so many people have bonafide mental illnesses and never harm another person.

Old 07-04-2022, 01:00 PM

Hallie Jackson on MSNBC reporting another press conference is imminent as of 3 pm

Old 07-04-2022, 01:01 PM

9,972 posts, read 7,654,543 times
Quote:
Some people are just evil. Some people have anger issues. And I never said mass shooters were of a "sound mind." Just routinely and randomly blaming the "mentally ill" does no one any good since so many people have bonafide mental illnesses and never harm another person.
Never did anyone say that all people with mental illnesses kill. This guy evidently planned it out. He knew there would be a parade, he knew how to get a gun and he planned where to be to do his shooting. It wasn't just because he had anger in the moment. He planned this out. How sick is that? No way this guy isn't mentally ill. This is a very sick person.

You and I will just have to respectfully disagree on this.

Old 07-04-2022, 01:03 PM

I am flipping between MSNBC and Fox. Mike Tobin on Fox is doing a good job of reporting from the scene. Not as attractive as Hallie Jackson though. Tobin reports a rifle was found at the scene, but that police still consider him armed and dangerous. He also says police are looking for video surveillance.

Old 07-04-2022, 01:05 PM

12,950 posts, read 9,582,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by santafe400 View Post
Chicago isn't even an important city anymore.
Not true. Chicago is a very important city to the U.S. economy; its economy is the 3rd largest in the U.S. and GDP is larger than the economic output of Switzerland. It's home to 36 Fortune 500 companies, financial trading, transportation, publishing and insurance are just a few important major industries in the city.

Old 07-04-2022, 01:05 PM

8,823 posts, read 4,490,919 times
Quote:
Never did anyone say that all people with mental illnesses kill. This guy evidently planned it out. He knew there would be a parade and he planned where to be to do his shooting. It wasn't just because he had anger in the moment. He planned this out. How sick is that? No way this guy isn't mentally ill. This is a very sick person.
And that's why we know it was almost certainly a white guy, since, well, you know.

Mental health folks are quick to point out that the mentally ill are no more prone to violence than the general population. If we locked up every nut case, P&OC on C-D would be a ghost town

Old 07-04-2022, 01:06 PM

16,871 posts, read 10,519,267 times
Quote:
More baseless speculation without any basis in fact yet. I'm not sure how many males of that age even care about the abortion issue.
There’s a basis. The guy who tried to kill Kavanaugh was fairly young. I see a lot of young people at these pro-abortion marches.
Moderators for US and World Forums

Old 07-04-2022, 01:06 PM

Quote:
You and I will just have to respectfully disagree on this.
Fair enough. I have read from people way smarter than me on this subject to form my opinion. I have often shared links in these posts which I am sure no one actually reads as they keep telling me it's "mental illness."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies