Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-05-2022, 08:15 AM

10,893 posts, read 5,598,620 times

Advertisements

Who knows if these shootings are set up?

It sounds far-fetched and unthinkable, but government corruption and secrecy have become so epidemic, it is easy for a normally sound person to begin to think the worst of the US government. In the absence of trust and transparency, it is easy to fall for conspiracy theories. What makes this worse is many past conspiracy theories have later been proven to be conspiracy fact. So we are at the mercy of our imaginations, experiences, and knowledge.

Some people believe that the government can influence mentally ill people to snap, resulting in mass shootings.

It is based on some kind of Psy-Ops warfare called "MK Ultra".

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MKUltra

Think "Mancurian Candidate" here, where the shooter is brainwashed to kill someone when he sees the Queen of Hearts playing card. That is a ridiculous comparison but just dwell on the concept.

Some people believe the government can motivate mentally ill people to snap by manipulating them through their social media with a carrot and stick approach. It would work like this.

Government agents pick several young men with histories of mental illness and violence. Agents then create various on-line personas. Some will attack, bully, and denigrate the young man and work him into a frenzy. Others will sympathize with him and support him, befriend him, and then plant the ideas of vengeance and getting even, perhaps suggest buying weapons.

These people also believe that there would be no evidence since the government agents would just scrub all of their social media communications before the person snapped and went postal.

If this were true, they could probably find thousands of troubled, mentally ill young men with violent tendencies born from frustration, rejection, and loneliness to target for such treatment until they snap.

I don't believe it, but when you go through the entire scenario, it sounds dang plausible.

So who knows?

It is easy to become cynical because many of these mass shootings seem to have convenient timing either to promote gun control or to quickly get other bad news off of the news cycle.

At this point, I don't trust the federal government further then I can spit, so who knows? But something this complicated doesn't sound reliably repeatable to me, so I don't tend to believe it myself, but I am open to proof if anybody can provide it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2022, 08:16 AM

15,662 posts, read 6,369,408 times
Psychologically I would suspect this is more likely to be a consequence of the lockdowns from the pandemic. Some people don't handle social isolation very well, particularly if they had pre-existing mental health issues. They may become more likely to express themselves violently.

Understudied and underfunded: potential causes of mass shootings and implications for counseling research

Per the above, media and the contagion effect may also play a role.

Without any evidence to the contrary, I have to think that believing this is intentional may be a form of magical thinking. The "belief that unrelated events are causally connected despite the absence of any plausible causal link between them", per Wikipedia.

Old 07-05-2022, 08:19 AM

1,866 posts, read 923,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Layden85 View Post
I just can’t comprehend it but I have friends who think the whole thing is orchestrated because it is an election year and it’s all about gun control. How can you really believe the Uvlad TX shooting was set up. I just don’t feel there is evil enough in the govt to kill children for political points. Do other people think this way?

The one thing I find odd is how many of these shooters are similar. 18 to early 20’s, white, many red flags and nothing is done.
Can people be hypnotized or "programmed to kill"?

Here's your answer....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=owootTAuxic

The answer is yes, they actually can be.

Old 07-05-2022, 08:21 AM

45,676 posts, read 23,843,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grlzrl View Post
Maybe, but when all the lockdowns happened, we told people that isolating kids was bad for mental health. Now we get to see the results.
Because we never had shootings before the pandemic?

Really?

Old 07-05-2022, 08:23 AM

1,633 posts, read 734,479 times
They’re only a set up in this regard, the corporate media with their anti-2A agenda highlights shootings much more NOW than they did in the past. Homicides via firearms were much higher in the 70s 80s and early 90s, and mass shootings are nothing new either.

Every time there is a shooting it is spotlighted immediately as opposed to shootings like the Luby’s Massacre in 1990 in Killeen Texas. Or if a shooting doesn’t involve an AR-15, but instead a simple pump shotgun (or revolver) like the Santa Fe High school or the Washington Navy Shipyard shooting, it doesn’t get nearly as much press. This is because shootings (which have always happened) are now being reported with an agenda.

Old 07-05-2022, 08:26 AM

45,676 posts, read 23,843,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SerlingHitchcockJPeele View Post
They’re only a set up in this regard, the corporate media with their anti-2A agenda highlights shootings much more NOW than they did in the past. Homicides via firearms were much higher in the 70s 80s and early 90s, and mass shootings are nothing new either.

Every time there is a shooting it is spotlighted immediately as opposed to shootings like the Luby’s Massacre in 1990 in Killeen Texas. Or if a shooting doesn’t involve an AR-15, but instead a simple pump shotgun (or revolver) like the Santa Fe High school or the Washington Navy Shipyard shooting, it doesn’t get nearly as much press. This is because the shootings (which have always happened) are now being reported with an agenda.
First time I heard about the shooting was here and it was on the premise of suggesting Chicago was under siege again. People on Twitter posted the videos and left and right picked it up...both spewing their agenda before even knowing anything about it.

Media gets blamed for everything so we don't take ownership of anything./

Old 07-05-2022, 08:30 AM

25,766 posts, read 16,379,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FKD19124 View Post
I am starting to think that too.
Really? You think crazy people coordinate their efforts for political reasons?

Old 07-05-2022, 08:32 AM

10,893 posts, read 5,598,620 times
A timely article on your question, probably from a far right wing source, but speaks to your question. I have no clue about the source,

No, Robert “Bobby” E. Crimo III Is NOT a MAGA Guy

One theory seems to have legs. The notion that he’s a product of “MK Ultra” or some other brainwashing system is compelling when we look through his social media and watch his videos. He has the characteristics of someone whose mind has been broken. Whether that came as a result of abuse or external nefarious forces is unknown, but it’s possible he’s the latest in a long line of young men driven to mass murder for the sake of driving an agenda.

In a time when eventual gun confiscations seem to be one of the primary goals of the globalist elites, these types of mass murders help drive them closer to achieving their goals.

https://thelibertydaily.com/no-rober...ot-a-maga-guy/

Old 07-05-2022, 08:33 AM

25,766 posts, read 16,379,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
No. They're not a set up.

But it is a opportunity for democrats to realize this might be a good time to further their platform of gun control, especially with assault type rifles. And push for better mental health checks for those attempting to purchase guns.

Makes complete sense. How stupid would they be to not realize this might be a good time to move in a positive direction?
As long as the SCOTUS is into re-examining decisions they could ponder long and hard on what a “well regulated militia” means and how it relates to letting any fool off the street walk into a gun store and buy an arsenal.

Old 07-05-2022, 08:37 AM

33,510 posts, read 18,009,871 times
The 6th is a set up to take our power away as citizens . Then if that wasn't enough, it is now a mental exercise on the masses. The left blew it up to keep the Trump supporters in line. It is a tactical use to put a mental stigma to any kind of push back to a totalitarian take over. I see it plain as day. It is a mental exercise on all gun owners or any group that watches what the government can do as they can destroy anyone who goes against a tyrannical government. Think about it. Think deep about it. They want to bad mouth any group that watches the government as the government will take our rights away and then the people who fight against any kind of tyranny will be viewed as the bad guys .. they are brainwashing the multitudes. It is don't mess with the government or you will be jailed. Yet the left can burn down cities , attack government agencies and nothing bad about that. They are considered the good people.

Wait till they can control the food supply... they will in due time.

This is so sickening what is going on today.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies