Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-08-2022, 10:06 AM

88,930 posts, read 44,752,098 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
But men cause/contribute to pregnancy. And men become fathers. Just because men are not the ones to gestate does not relieve them of their responsibility for reproduction.
Which makes me wonder if the states with abortion bans will move to apply child support to the moment of conception like Utah's prenatal child support law.
Judges in all 50 states award child support payment for prenatal and birth expenses if the mother sues for it. There's no reason to not do so.

Old 07-08-2022, 10:06 AM

11,760 posts, read 5,772,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WRM20 View Post
You might want to check out the statistics on how many women who are married and already have several children get abortions. For them, it's an economic thing, as each additional child makes the lives of the entire family worse.

Don't give in to the fallacy that it's only single "slutty" women that get abortions.
Once again - if they don't want any more children - there is contraception, or tie your tubes or get a vasectomy. I was on the pill when I got pregnant with my second - I was unsure what I wanted to do but things happen for a reason and I could never imagine not having either of my kids. As a parent - get a second job, cut expenses ect...

I'm so frustrated that so many here don't think people have to be responsible for their actions. We have a society that wants to blame everyone else for the problems they create due to the choices they made.

Also as I stated earlier - my cousin just adopted a black baby she fostered - she's 60 yrs old and I don't know where her head is at but I have two friends whose daughters also adopted black babies. There is not the societal stigmatism there was years ago.

Old 07-08-2022, 10:08 AM
bu2

24,053 posts, read 14,848,485 times
Quote:
There is no shortage of people wanting to adopt healthy white babies. The rest of the potential adoptee pool, not so much, or that pool would not be as large as it is.
Again, people keep telling you that you are wrong, but you and others just keep spouting the same misinformation without anything to back it up.

Its amazing how the internet creates experts on everything who know absolutely nothing.

Listen to the people who actually know about adoption.

Old 07-08-2022, 10:11 AM

Quote:
I dont disagree women should take responsibility for their reproduction, but I also feel men have the same responsibility. I say this as a mother of only sons and grand of only males.

I dont understand why men would not want to be as diligent at preventing, first of al, an unwanted pregnancy which they would have zero input, but most importantly a resulting child. The consequences affect men as well.

If you feel it is ONLY a woman's responsibility, then shouldn't men be relieved of all responsibility/rights for children?
The responsibility comes down to the woman as she's the one that is either going to carry that child for 9 months or choice to abort it. I have 2 sons who have values and ethics because I raised them to. They are responsible and won't take the chance that the woman is on contraception because she says so.

Any man who does not want to support a child for the next 21 yrs of their lives will take responsibility to protect himself and the woman but many of these guys don't give a rat's a** and why the responsibility is the womans.

Old 07-08-2022, 10:13 AM

15,382 posts, read 7,444,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by richardstarkey View Post
Just watch Maury or Springer.
You’ll see just how many slutty married girls are out there.
There are 330 million people in this country, and there are numerous examples of all types. Keep in mind that the "guests" on those shows are selected, and self select, to fit a certain stereotype. No one would watch a show where a nice young woman with no issues was a guest, as there would be no drama.

Old 07-08-2022, 10:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xray731 View Post
Once again - if they don't want any more children - there is contraception, or tie your tubes or get a vasectomy. I was on the pill when I got pregnant with my second - I was unsure what I wanted to do but things happen for a reason and I could never imagine not having either of my kids. As a parent - get a second job, cut expenses ect...

I'm so frustrated that so many here don't think people have to be responsible for their actions. We have a society that wants to blame everyone else for the problems they create due to the choices they made.

Also as I stated earlier - my cousin just adopted a black baby she fostered - she's 60 yrs old and I don't know where her head is at but I have two friends whose daughters also adopted black babies. There is not the societal stigmatism there was years ago.
That is why murder by abortion is so popular with some.

Old 07-08-2022, 10:14 AM

Quote:
I dont think the actual paying for bc is much of a problem as is just getting it, but how does one pay for an abortion? insurance, Medicaid, borrow money, charity organizations/programs.
Or they dont and just have the baby. How does one afford a baby when they cant afford an abortion?
I donate to Summit who runs facilities to help unwed mothers who decide to keep their babies. My one beef with them is that because they are Christian - they never school the girls on contraception and how not to get pregnant. There are many organizations like this that help women. Then you have FB - everyday there are requests for clothing, formula, meat ect with 60+ offers of free items to help the poster out.

Old 07-08-2022, 10:16 AM

15,382 posts, read 7,444,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
It is precisely those women at whom the 4,000+ US taxpayer-funded Title X Family Planning Clinics are intended to serve. They provide FREE or very low-cost (sliding fee scale) contraception services/meds/devices throughout the US. For example, TX has 177 Title X FP Clinics but only 11 Planned Parenthood clinics. Guess which is FAR more effective at serving the poor.

Also, income is correlated with IQ and education. Yet, it is the women with the lowest incomes who are LEAST likely to choose abortion when faced with an unintended pregnancy. Less than 9% of them choose to abort.
Texas had far more PP clinics before the Legislature killed all funding to PP, even for clinics that did not do abortion. There may be 177 Title X clinics, but there are areas where there is no clinic within a 2 hour drive. And, Texas has a population of almost 30 million. 177 clinics is nowhere near enough.

Old 07-08-2022, 10:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xray731 View Post
The responsibility comes down to the woman as she's the one that is either going to carry that child for 9 months or choice to abort it. I have 2 sons who have values and ethics because I raised them to. They are responsible and won't take the chance that the woman is on contraception because she says so.

Any man who does not want to support a child for the next 21 yrs of their lives will take responsibility to protect himself and the woman but many of these guys don't give a rat's a** and why the responsibility is the womans.
That's because such men have no financial assets and no hope of ever earning much income. They're not going to be hit with much, if any at all, in child support payments. Yet... women voluntarily have unprotected sex with them and get pregnant. A nation of idiots.

Old 07-08-2022, 10:19 AM

Quote:
Texas had far more PP clinics before the Legislature killed all funding to PP, even for clinics that did not do abortion.
How many? Let's compare.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies