Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-07-2022, 11:12 AM

43,054 posts, read 18,216,027 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
Explains why the US had twice as many covid cases as a country like India with a densely packed population living in unsanitary conditions.
Because their country is not #1 in obesity. The US is #1.

And over 85% of those that died with covid in 2020 were overweight/obese.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2022, 11:25 AM

9,576 posts, read 7,321,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSRetired View Post
Because their country is not #1 in obesity. The US is #1.

And over 85% of those that died with covid in 2020 were overweight/obese.
Having taken 3 trips over the past 7 weeks via airports, it's sort of sad seeing how fat/obese the average American is, people just don't care anymore!

Old 07-07-2022, 11:53 AM

3,187 posts, read 1,507,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjseliga View Post
Having taken 3 trips over the past 7 weeks via airports, it's sort of sad seeing how fat/obese the average American is, people just don't care anymore!
I have had some introspective thoughts on this and wonder if it comes down to most of the country being "addicted" to something. A disturbing number of people on psychological drugs too.

But look around: drug addicts, gamblers, smokers, vapers, shopping addicts, co-dependent relationships, etc. If not doing those things (or also doing them) people eat too much resulting in 70% of the country being overweight. Then there is internet addiction. (I know I am on it too much myself and am a TV "news junkie" to boot). Even a "workaholic" isn't healthy. I could go on. When you look objectively, most of our country is caught up in some form of unhealthy behavior.

Anyway, my thoughts on the US lab involvement come down to this: It's now proven we were funding GOF research in Wuhan. Most of our country though is still blissfully unaware of this fact.

I keep coming back to the back and forth between Fauci and Sen. Paul. I remember the arguments about the definition of what GOF actually is. Based on Fauci's defense using semantics, could we also be doing borderline line things at Ft. Detrick? Or some full on GOF that was covered up? Now I wonder. Fauci will argue what GOF even is.

We clearly have a friendly relationship with Chinese scientists who visit Ft. Detrick and other US labs too.

Could it have escaped here first but it was slower to infect mass numbers due to location of lab being semi rural? It then could have proceeded to explode very quickly if an exposed scientist flew back to Wuhan due to their high population density.

Hence both countries had something to hide. Chinese citizens don't know that their gov't gave an adversary like the US permission to do GOF there as it was illegal to do it here. They would go ballistic too if they knew. Of course, their state media keeps that part hidden.

Really a tangled web. Whatever it is, I just know we are not getting the full story.

Last edited by motownnative; 07-07-2022 at 12:34 PM..

Old 07-07-2022, 12:25 PM

78,326 posts, read 60,517,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hrw-500 View Post
I wonder if the use of HCQ and Ivermectin as well as natural immunity have played a role in India?
Considering grossly unequal testing across countries there is literally no way of drawing any conclusions about many things.

Old 07-07-2022, 12:28 PM

78,326 posts, read 60,517,579 times
Just to be completely fair to the overall topic, there has been a global history of viruses etc. getting out of labs either accidentally or intentionally.

Now, does that mean US? China? Something else? I don't think we will ever know.

Old 07-07-2022, 12:49 PM

23,844 posts, read 24,087,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poseidon3290 View Post
I know you wont believe this, but I have a friend who absolutely had it after a thanksgiving trip to Disney, this was BEFORE the first case was confirmed in the US. I have pictures of him in the hospital, where he showed us test results for flu and how they were all negative. He sent a text one night that I still have that said "guys, I think this is it, I can't breathe and nothing is working, I'm ready to die..this is worse than any other sickness I've ever had. I give up"

And then he survived.. and the sickness went through his family and his inlaws. This was at least 2 months before out breaks were recorded in the US and it was in CT!!
Was talking with my mom's neurologist who had a son in the dorms at UCLA at the time. He's sure it swept through the dorm in February '20, before it was officially here.

Old 07-07-2022, 12:54 PM

9,833 posts, read 4,618,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by motownnative View Post
The Lancet scientist didn't mention the lab, but Ft. Detrick in MD was shut down mysteriously in Aug 2019. I brought this up quite a while ago and I am sure most dismissed it. It IS suspicious, even the NYT had trouble getting info.

Deadly Germ Research Is Shut Down at Army Lab Over Safety Concerns

In the statement, the C.D.C. cited “national security reasons” as the rationale for not releasing information about its decision.

Both China and Russia have been specifically mentioning Ft. Detrick as the true origin. Interesting events mentioned here.

U.S. closure of Fort Detrick lab not coincidental: expert

U.S. closure of Fort Detrick lab not coincidental: expert - Xinhua | English.news.cn

As an aside, I have talked to several people who are convinced they had Covid in late fall 2019. I live one state away. Even hospital admissions were up late fall/winter. "Flu" was cited.
Wasn't there a mysterious nursing home outbreak in Virginia of unknown origin early that summer in 2019 in which the Maryland lab shutdown?

And yes an early and unstubborn flu season.

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/12/06/us-f...ted-virus.html

Old 07-07-2022, 12:56 PM

43,054 posts, read 18,216,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjseliga View Post
On they care enough to label obesity as "body positive"

Old 07-07-2022, 01:02 PM

6,335 posts, read 2,888,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
It IS interesting. The blood supply in the US had COVID 19 in it, before the outbreak in China.

Hmmm.

Red Cross says the blood supply in the US had COVID 19 antibodies in Dec. 2019.

https://www.redcross.org/about-us/ne...in-the-us.html
Quote:
In the U.S., the first COVID-19 infection was reported on January 19, 2020 in a traveler returning from China. These study results show that it’s possible COVID-19 may have been present in the U.S. in December 2019, earlier than previously recognized.

Quote:
With the help of methods used commonly in conservation science, a group of scientists estimate that the first case of Covid-19 emerged between October and mid-November 2019 in China.
https://www.forbes.com/sites/anuradh...h=6479efe272ea

Old 07-07-2022, 01:09 PM

3,187 posts, read 1,507,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anononcty View Post
Wasn't there a mysterious nursing home outbreak in Virginia of unknown origin early that summer in 2019 in which the Maryland lab shutdown?

And yes an early and unstubborn flu season.

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/12/06/us-f...ted-virus.html
Yes. There was a mystery respiratory illness in a VA nursing home in mid July 2019. Sure sounds like Covid to me.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/dc-md...officials-say/

https://news.cgtn.com/news/2021-02-1...9yE/index.html

Some more timeline from AP news.

More evidence suggests COVID-19 was in US by Christmas 2019

https://apnews.com/article/more-evid...bcf35d9e6caee2

Also, not far from Fort Detrick they were calling some odd respiratory condition a "vaping illness" in August 2019. Also in other parts of US. People were dying. Never heard of this risk. It begs the question, many people still vape today. Why aren't we hearing about it anymore?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/local...3c0_story.html

BBC was questioning it in Sept 2019. People vape heavily there but no outbreak of illness.

What's behind a vaping illness outbreak in the US?

The symptoms people have reported experiencing include severe pneumonia, shortness of breath, coughing, fever, fatigue and respiratory failure - where your body either can't break down oxygen, produce carbon dioxide, or both. The result is that your lungs stop working and breathing becomes difficult.
(again, sounds more like Covid)

https://www.bbc.com/news/newsbeat-49649486

Last edited by motownnative; 07-07-2022 at 01:45 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies