Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-07-2022, 10:14 AM

8,425 posts, read 12,187,726 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_n_Tenn View Post
The NY Times can go pound sand
Quote:
Originally Posted by irishcopper View Post
Liberals are frequently shocked at the fact that many Hispanic Americans have conservative values. The New York Crimes was once the "go to" newspaper in the nation and set the standard for exceptional journalism. Sadly, these days it's merely a propaganda tool for the Democratic Party.
Why don't you state where the story was inaccurate instead of showing us what insults you can craft?

In the sixties, when the Times was called 'the white man's news' the conservatives objected and said it was mainstream reportage. I can't believe that its coverage has changed all that much as I've certainly not seen it. Sometimes news issues and events do not favor conservatives -- it is simple as that. The right wing in America now considers negative news about conservatives to be 'fake news'.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2022, 10:20 AM

8,425 posts, read 12,187,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
Because it's a smear piece designed to paint conservatives as extremists.
Where's the smear? Please cite chapter and verse since your credibility is teetering.

Old 07-07-2022, 10:20 AM

25,849 posts, read 16,532,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Times have changed though in many ways. Many of the immigrants that want to come here today are not needed and would be a burden to our society. We don't need a bunch of manual laborers workng low waged jobs today.
I wish we could vote on who gets deported so they can stay.

Old 07-07-2022, 10:40 AM

62,968 posts, read 29,152,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
I wish we could vote on who gets deported so they can stay.
Huh?

Old 07-07-2022, 12:16 PM

14,968 posts, read 9,814,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
Meh. If you hate the Times why are you reading it?
What does that have to do with the topic?

Knowing what the current woke left propaganda is, keeps me prepared to address stupidity from the left. Are you suggesting I keep my self in an information bubble?, but I digress.

Old 07-07-2022, 12:20 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,008,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_n_Tenn View Post
What does that have to do with the topic?

Knowing what the current woke left propaganda is, keeps me prepared to address stupidity from the left. Are you suggesting I keep my self in an information bubble?, but I digress.
You're not addressing it, you're automatically discounting it and looking for echo chamber backup.

My thought is: why bother? Take the easy way. Look in the mirror every morning and say "I'm right. They're wrong. I'm right. They're wrong," pat your self on the back and go on with your day.

Old 07-07-2022, 12:21 PM

17,631 posts, read 6,914,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manigault View Post
Where's the smear? Please cite chapter and verse since your credibility is teetering.
The smear is in the title and throughout the entire piece.

Why am I bothering with you? You just got done arguing that Lori Lightfoot screaming "EFF Clarence Thomas" was taken "out of context."

Grow up kid.

Old 07-07-2022, 12:22 PM

14,968 posts, read 9,814,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
You're not addressing it, you're automatically discounting it and looking for echo chamber backup.

My thought is: why bother? Take the easy way. Look in the mirror every morning and say "I'm right. They're wrong. I'm right. They're wrong," pat your self on the back and go on with your day.
Stop with the virtue signaling... you aren't the arbiter of virtue.

Old 07-07-2022, 01:59 PM

17,440 posts, read 9,271,173 times
Quote:
Yep! Not only does she single out her ethnic group to serve but she mentions immigration "reform" in this article. Reform is simply amnesty.

Quote - "Flores campaigned on the promise that she would prioritize the needs and concerns of Hispanics in her district, before tackling the issue of immigration reform".
Her district’s largest city is Brownsville - 93.5 % Hispanic. There are more Asians .66% In Brownsville than blacks .33%. Cameron County is 90% Hispanic. Not odd at all that she seeks to address the needs of Hispanics. South Texas is mostly Hispanic- PERIOD

They mostly prefer to be called Tejanos. They will accept Hispanic & detest Latin anything, but particularly LatinX.

When the Treaty of Guadalupe Hidalgo was signed after the Mexican American War - one of the items insisted on by Mexico was that the Mexicans would always be counted in the Census as Caucasian and have the rights of Caucasions. Mexico was very anti-slavery and wanted to protect the Mexicans who chose to stay in the new Texas from a designation of “colored … which of course happened in 1930. It didn’t go over well.

ON OCTOBER 5, 1936, the city registrar of El Paso, Texas, Alex K.
Powell, announced that from that date onward, government officials would
register Mexican Americans as "colored" in birth and death records, a radical
departure from the previous racial categorization of"white."

The proclamation sparked impassioned official and popular political debate and mobiliza-
tion in the United States and Mexico around the racial and legal status of
Mexican migrants and their descendants. Working in the context of ad tente
in foreign relations, Mexican and U.S. officials scrambled to minimize the
damage done by the El Paso announcement. Existing within histories of
racialization that emerged from similar imperial and liberal origins, but
ultimately diverged in the process of each nation's formation, Mexicans on
both sides of the border took offense at the reclassification. Both groups
ofethnic Mexicans deemed the use of the term "colored" anathema to their
attempts to situate themselves in positions of power and legitimacy.

Framed by the decennial federal censuses of 1930 and 1940, the confrontation was
part of larger legal debates at local and national levels around whiteness
and the citizenship status of ethnic Mexicans in the United States. The El
Paso incident and the responses it engendered underscored how issues of
migration and historical constructions of race were intimately linked to the
definition of the two nations.

I was down there earlier this year and stayed with a Tejano Family near San Benito.
Very pretty area, very friendly people wherever I went.

Old 07-07-2022, 03:02 PM

25,849 posts, read 16,532,741 times
Quote:
Huh?
Wouldn’t you love to tell these liberals in SF that congratulations, because of your sacrifice all these immigrants can stay in America. Now find a new country, they need your house and money.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies