Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-12-2022, 08:10 PM

78,013 posts, read 60,209,509 times

Advertisements

We have some people in society that will excuse anything at all if it aligns with their racist beliefs.

While some may think, "well that's just Jethro from Alabamie" in reality it is not just that.

Sadly, in our Urban centers there is a lot of racial and religious antagonism.

Is this a legacy of US racism? Yes.

Is this a legacy of GLOBAL racism? Yes indeed.

So we get people that post here that engage in "justified racism". It's still evil, but they feel that there is a debt, even if the target is a poor bodega worker immigrant that likely lives many to a small apartment.

I mean hey, just because a young guy with his knife wielding gal decide to get mad because a guy won't give them free stuff (aka ROBBERY) means you get to beat the guy to a pulp without him fighting back or our local Nation of Islam types will decide it's just fine because they pulled out their pigment charts like the KKK and picked a side.

#boom#truth

P.S. I've put the white supremacists and general morons on ignore here....seeing some other racists lately that probably need the same treatment.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2022, 08:23 PM

4,482 posts, read 5,319,342 times
I speculate the outrage at Braggs charging Alba with 2nd degree murder isn't just because this is a very clear case of self-defense, but because a lot of people are tired of what NYC (and other cities) have become. They see themselves in Alba, and I'd say that they vicariously lived out Alba's self-defense through his victory over that criminal.

Way too many Americans live in jurisdictions with no Castle Doctrine, with impositions of duty to retreat, and with highly restrictive firearms laws which limit carrying. The recent SCOTUS decision which ended NY's "proper cause" justification for the issuance of a CCW brought celebration in the few blue states which had such policies, but already the Democrats are counter-attacking. In NY, carrying a firearm with a permit will be highly impractical as the NY state government is preparing a long list of places, establishments, etc., where CCW will be illegal.

"Escape From New York" isn't just the name of a Kurt Russell movie from the early 1980s. It's been happening for a while - people have been leaving states like NY for red states (for reasons which go beyond self-defense). But, I don't blame those former NYers one bit for leaving.

Old 07-12-2022, 08:34 PM

26,965 posts, read 15,180,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manigault View Post
The bodega owner was approached by a man yelling at him. .....................We know that later he stabbed the man to death.

Unless there is more involved, you don't get to stab someone yelling at you. Its not self-defense, which involves proportionality.
We know something happened in between, why ignore that with "We know that later...".

Old 07-12-2022, 08:38 PM

33,858 posts, read 16,900,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprawling_Homeowner View Post
I speculate the outrage at Braggs charging Alba with 2nd degree murder isn't just because this is a very clear case of self-defense, but because a lot of people are tired of what NYC (and other cities) have become. They see themselves in Alba, and I'd say that they vicariously lived out Alba's self-defense through his victory over that criminal.

Way too many Americans live in jurisdictions with no Castle Doctrine, with impositions of duty to retreat, and with highly restrictive firearms laws which limit carrying. The recent SCOTUS decision which ended NY's "proper cause" justification for the issuance of a CCW brought celebration in the few blue states which had such policies, but already the Democrats are counter-attacking. In NY, carrying a firearm with a permit will be highly impractical as the NY state government is preparing a long list of places, establishments, etc., where CCW will be illegal.

"Escape From New York" isn't just the name of a Kurt Russell movie from the early 1980s. It's been happening for a while - people have been leaving states like NY for red states (for reasons which go beyond self-defense). But, I don't blame those former NYers one bit for leaving.
Spot On. NYC is a horrible place for the law abiding starting with the DeBlasio era and Adams has done squat to improve the situation.

Old 07-12-2022, 08:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesjuke View Post
We know something happened in between, why ignore that with "We know that later...".
I wonder if people who talk about proportionality in self-defense would think nothing, or ask if it is a capital offense, if someone comes up to them and towers over them and screams threatening words while that someone's companion says "he is going to f*** you up."

Verbal violence is often a precursor to actual physical violence.

Austin Simon was a felon and his death, while not necessarily an event that brings me joy, is simply the natural and logical consequence of one of his foolish decisions.

Alba on the other hand was and is a beloved family man, an immigrant turned U.S. citizen, and a hardworking member of his community who was no criminal.

I'm glad Alba is alive. I only hope that Braggs grows a minimum of common sense and decency and drops the charges.

Old 07-12-2022, 08:45 PM

78,013 posts, read 60,209,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesjuke View Post
Racists that align with the people involved will ignore absolutely everything else.

You're living in 2022 while others are still living in 1940 and thinking that acquitting someone that murdered emitt till is justified.

The rationale for justifying this is simple. Racial hate. It's less now but still prevalent where acceptable like the deep south and parts of urban america like the south side of Chicago where the NOI breeds racial hatred.

Old 07-12-2022, 08:45 PM

18,923 posts, read 14,106,901 times
The D.A. will probably try to bully Alba to take a plea deal, to save face.
On the other hand, predators in government will defend other predators and prosecute any prey that dare to fight back.

Old 07-12-2022, 08:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manigault View Post
Nope. He was just yelling. That's not life or death.
What was he yelling?

"I have a headache, bro, don't tell me you don't sell Advil!"

"Damn it, it's hot as hell and the AC doesn't work! What's up with that?"

"I'm hungry, man! What do you mean there's no buffet in this store?"

Verbal violence is very often a preview to physical violence, and if you are the self-defense expert you claim to be, you know all too well that on a daily basis in America and in every country on Earth, men and women get into physical fights because one person said something that provoked, angered, and motivated the other person into a fight.

Many times, words which result in physical violence are delivered softly. Now imagine if those words were delivered by yelling.

Alba was outnumbered. He had already been threatened by the man's despicable excuse for a girlfriend, who said "he (Austin Simon) is going to f*** you up." Simon was much taller and a lot younger, and he towered over Alba. Alba's body language was submissive; he was sitting down while Simon stood over him and yelled.

Alba stood and attempted to leave - Simon grabbed him, thereby arguably committing assault (he placed his hands on Alba in a threatening, non-neutral manner; its not the same as me tapping your shoulder to notify you I saw you drop your wallet several yards and seconds ago, and I picked it up and want to return it to you), and that's when the fight started.

NY has a duty to retreat, and yet in those cramped conditions, Alba was literally surrounded and forced into a corner; Simon invaded personal, private space in a business and that was trespassing.

What should Alba have done? Allowed Simon to beat him senseless? Apparently, that's what the left believes, with its hatred of gun ownership and hatred of any violence which isn't looting.

Alba was already shaken up. Two hostile individuals, with one warning him about her boyfriend and the boyfriend yelling.

Yelling isn't life or death? Technically, it isn't - but it can and does escalate very quickly to that level, or close to it. Many jurisdictions in this country (including cities like NYC and Chicago) see horrific violence, including (but not limited to) homicide on a daily basis and in many cases, what started it?

Words... words which weren't even yelled.

Yelling isn't life or death?

"Death and life are in the power of the tongue, and those who eat it shall eat the fruit thereof."

Old 07-12-2022, 08:54 PM

8,340 posts, read 6,753,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrie22 View Post
the young guy could easily kill the old guy with his hands.....

...yes, he was armed

what's the old guy supposed to do?....let him beat the crap out of him because he's unarmed?
And George Zimmerman used a gun. Not guilty even though the cops originally weren't going to charge him

Old 07-13-2022, 05:56 AM

29,178 posts, read 14,455,586 times
Glad to see Jose Alba is out on bail. With some luck the charges will be dropped. Hopefully the DA will be recalled.

It's sickening that the welfare leach is stabber girlfriend is out free, while the tax payer Alba, ended up in arrested and in jail. The poor guy was just trying to make a living. I really don't understand the upside down world we are living in. It really seems like many Democrats are on the side of the criminals, and I just don't get it.

https://www.cbsnews.com/newyork/news...eeks-incident/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies