Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-07-2022, 02:10 PM

5,632 posts, read 1,770,823 times

Advertisements

Here are my issues with "today's" Democrat Party that are non starters with me.
I’m looking for specific issues, not just generalizations like “they be crazy”.

1) Full limitless abortions right up until birth. No effort to save the baby is allowed.
2) Pushing trans and limitless genders on everyone. Basically making mental illness normal. Nothing at all to do with gay and lesbians.
3) Trying to push sexual content onto k-3rd graders without parental approval.
4) Making sex, race, sexual preferences the top 3 criteria for hiring people over actual qualifications for a job.
5) Pushing to allow biological males to compete against biological women in female sports and to allow biological males to use the female facilities.
6) Teaching young kids they are oppressed if they are black and they are oppressors if they are white.
7) Doing everything they can to ensure as many people flood into this country as possible illegally.
8) Trying to silence anyone who disagrees with them. No longer in favor of free speech.
9) Using the government to force people to do what they want people to do against their will.
10) Using government agencies to attack their political opponents.
11) Their policy of paying higher taxes to fight global warming. Paying more in taxes does not change the temperature. It just makes someone else wealthier at the expense of the tax payer.
12) Having the government in bed with the media to try to form public opinion.
13) Urging and condoning violence as a means to an end.
14) Demonizing police and military.
15) Working to put as many criminal back out on the street as possible, if those criminals are left leaning.
16) Spends way too much.
17) Part of the big war machine.

Here are my issues with today’s Republican Party.

1) Spends too much.
2) Not a fan of the religious right. Too tied to whatever they are taught by men who wrote religious documents for control over people many years ago.
3) Not enough focus and openness to birth control methods. It’s best to prevent pregnancy to begin with, than deal with the abortion issue after the fact.
4) Too afraid or stand up for common sense when attacked by the left. They would rather hide than fight.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2022, 03:54 PM

31,340 posts, read 14,285,966 times
I'm not trying to be funny here.

My issues with both of them are that they are run by politicians.

Old 07-07-2022, 03:59 PM

7,646 posts, read 9,957,969 times
I am a registered Libertarian.

I do not support democrats because of their spending, taxation, extreme anti-gun and soft on violent crime stance, and their intent to strip us of our right and ability to defend our children, families, homes, businesses, property and selves from growing barbarism they have caused.

I do not support the republican party of facist Trump maga terrorism because of their extreme views. I do not support forcing christian extremist viewpoints into laws stripping women of their bodily rights. I do not support their intention to have the christian taliban rule the country and do away with secular government. I abhore their bigoted views on gays and the republican led religious war on transgender humans. I will fight the descent into facist darkness the republican party is dragging our country into.

I support freedom and liberty and equal rights and treatment for all. Something neither of the main parties stand for.

But I also don't support some parts of the Libertarian platform either.

Last edited by jamies; 07-07-2022 at 04:09 PM..

Old 07-07-2022, 04:41 PM

25,781 posts, read 12,849,279 times
This:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Govern...ending_GDP.png

In 1930, gov't spent 10% of GDP, and today its ~50% & still rising.

This is on BOTH parties, & arguing which party is worse is re-arranging the chairs on the deck of the Titanic.

The size, cost, & power of gov't must be gutted...reduced by 80%...and yes it can be done, and yes...I know how.

Old 07-07-2022, 04:45 PM

5,527 posts, read 3,258,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beach43ofus View Post
This:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Govern...ending_GDP.png

In 1930, gov't spent 10% of GDP, and today its ~50% & still rising.

This is on BOTH parties, & arguing which party is worse is re-arranging the chairs on the deck of the Titanic.

The size, cost, & power of gov't must be gutted...reduced by 80%...and yes it can be done, and yes...I know how.
Quality people are avoiding politics now because the day of reckoning is fast approaching, and no one wants to be in power when that happens.

Old 07-07-2022, 04:49 PM

7,388 posts, read 3,542,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avondalist View Post
Quality people are avoiding politics now because the day of reckoning is fast approaching, and no one wants to be in power when that happens.
what normal person would put themselves out there to be food for the vile media and insane general public

Old 07-07-2022, 05:01 PM

27,660 posts, read 16,151,349 times
Quick answer~
Democrats: everything
Republicans: almost everything.
In a nutshell.

Old 07-07-2022, 05:13 PM

34,279 posts, read 19,388,318 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephan A Smith View Post
Here are my issues with "today's" Democrat Party that are non starters with me.
I’m looking for specific issues, not just generalizations like “they be crazy”.

1) Full limitless abortions right up until birth. No effort to save the baby is allowed.
And here we go. These threads often go down to made up things about the other parties, but this one is especially so, so lets discuss this.

I do not know a single Democrat that feels that way. All of the ones I know thought we had a pretty reasonable compromise with Roe vs Wade, and just wished you all would stop trying to push this. And yet here we are.
Quote:
2) Pushing trans and limitless genders on everyone. Basically making mental illness normal. Nothing at all to do with gay and lesbians.
First they came for the. Yeah no. Weve already seen the GOP start talking about banning same sex marriage etc. Heres the thing-This is the GOP wanting to for the most part invade every single part of peoples personal lives. They are legislating what other people are required to think, and you seem ok with that because YOU are bothered by it?

You be whatever the heck you want, but they want to have that same freedom.

Quote:
3) Trying to push sexual content onto k-3rd graders without parental approval.
Yeah like the bible. Man, so much sex and stuff in there for example. Seriously? Look I 100% agree, parental approval is a good idea, and most of the Democrats I know feel that way.

Quote:
4) Making sex, race, sexual preferences the top 3 criteria for hiring people over actual qualifications for a job.
You mean like when Trump said that RGBs replacement would be female?

Quote:
5) Pushing to allow biological males to compete against biological women in female sports and to allow biological males to use the female facilities.
Oh boy. I 100% guarantee you if Trans folks only used the bathroom assigned to them at birth you would lose your minds. Know what they want to do in the bathroom? They want to poop and pee. Just like you and I. And you 100% do not want them to pick the other bathroom. LOL.
Or do you think you have the right to deny people the ability to go pee?
Quote:
6) Teaching young kids they are oppressed if they are black and they are oppressors if they are white.
Thats not generally whats been occurring. But know what id now occurring? The rights trying to redefine history so that blacks were "involuntarily resettled". Know what folks on the left REALLY want? Teach real freaking history. Dont white wash it, just the facts.
Quote:
7) Doing everything they can to ensure as many people flood into this country as possible illegally.
By arresting them in record numbers along the border? Trump didnt do much better, so was he also trying to flood the country? Well I mean he DID hire illegal aliens at his places until he finally got caught.

Quote:
8) Trying to silence anyone who disagrees with them. No longer in favor of free speech.
Utter nonsense. GOPs been trying to redefine laws about speech. Literally.

Quote:
9) Using the government to force people to do what they want people to do against their will.
Like carry a child? Like that bad? Or like wearing a mask during a pandemic to protect folks bad?

Quote:
10) Using government agencies to attack their political opponents.
Yeah Ive seen this, but it was Trump apparently who sicced the IRS on two of his opponents. Because the odds they were actually randomly selected is just nonsense.

Quote:
11) Their policy of paying higher taxes to fight global warming. Paying more in taxes does not change the temperature. It just makes someone else wealthier at the expense of the tax payer.
So charging taxes on cigarettes has changed nothing?
Quote:
12) Having the government in bed with the media to try to form public opinion.
LOL. Hannity and Trump were discussing how to present things to fox viewers. Have you missed ALL of this?
Quote:
13) Urging and condoning violence as a means to an end.
Wow. just...wow. Do you think the proud boys and 3%ers are left wing? The GOP LITERALLY has organized paramilitary terror groups.

Quote:
14) Demonizing police and military.
I like war heroes who aren't captured.
Who said that? Who sat by why capitol police were brutalized? Trump could have sent troops in within minutes, and instead watched.
And the GOP? They've been perfectly fine just ignoring it, and calling the thing a peaceful event...in which over 100 police sustained injuries.

Quote:
15) Working to put as many criminal back out on the street as possible, if those criminals are left leaning.
This is just nonsense. I hear it all the time. Remind me again which president pardoned people for crimes like stealing money from build the wall supporters? Who literally had people around hm being paid to get pardons signed by him?
Quote:
16) Spends way too much.
Under most Democratic presidents our spending deficit drops. Under Republican presidents it goes up. The only time we've come close to not having a deficit in my lifetime was under Obama.
Quote:
17) Part of the big war machine.
LOL. And the Republicans are not? Thats hilarious.

When you start off like this, you simply deny reality. You've got some made up thing that you THINK leftists are. And im sure Im going to see post after post of this nonsense in this thread.

Know who we are? We are your neighbors. Your family for some of you. And this made up extreme idea of what all Democrats are because you can find some left wing extremists who claims we are this? Just stop. Its self deceptive AT BEST.

Old 07-07-2022, 05:20 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,021,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
And here we go. These threads often go down to made up things about the other parties, but this one is especially so, so lets discuss this.

I do not know a single Democrat that feels that way. All of the ones I know thought we had a pretty reasonable compromise with Roe vs Wade, and just wished you all would stop trying to push this. And yet here we are.

First they came for the. Yeah no. Weve already seen the GOP start talking about banning same sex marriage etc. Heres the thing-This is the GOP wanting to for the most part invade every single part of peoples personal lives. They are legislating what other people are required to think, and you seem ok with that because YOU are bothered by it?

You be whatever the heck you want, but they want to have that same freedom.

Yeah like the bible. Man, so much sex and stuff in there for example. Seriously? Look I 100% agree, parental approval is a good idea, and most of the Democrats I know feel that way.

You mean like when Trump said that RGBs replacement would be female?

Oh boy. I 100% guarantee you if Trans folks only used the bathroom assigned to them at birth you would lose your minds. Know what they want to do in the bathroom? They want to poop and pee. Just like you and I. And you 100% do not want them to pick the other bathroom. LOL.
Or do you think you have the right to deny people the ability to go pee?

Thats not generally whats been occurring. But know what id now occurring? The rights trying to redefine history so that blacks were "involuntarily resettled". Know what folks on the left REALLY want? Teach real freaking history. Dont white wash it, just the facts.

By arresting them in record numbers along the border? Trump didnt do much better, so was he also trying to flood the country? Well I mean he DID hire illegal aliens at his places until he finally got caught.

Utter nonsense. GOPs been trying to redefine laws about speech. Literally.

Like carry a child? Like that bad? Or like wearing a mask during a pandemic to protect folks bad?

Yeah Ive seen this, but it was Trump apparently who sicced the IRS on two of his opponents. Because the odds they were actually randomly selected is just nonsense.

So charging taxes on cigarettes has changed nothing?

LOL. Hannity and Trump were discussing how to present things to fox viewers. Have you missed ALL of this?

Wow. just...wow. Do you think the proud boys and 3%ers are left wing? The GOP LITERALLY has organized paramilitary terror groups.

I like war heroes who aren't captured.
Who said that? Who sat by why capitol police were brutalized? Trump could have sent troops in within minutes, and instead watched.
And the GOP? They've been perfectly fine just ignoring it, and calling the thing a peaceful event...in which over 100 police sustained injuries.

This is just nonsense. I hear it all the time. Remind me again which president pardoned people for crimes like stealing money from build the wall supporters? Who literally had people around hm being paid to get pardons signed by him?

Under most Democratic presidents our spending deficit drops. Under Republican presidents it goes up. The only time we've come close to not having a deficit in my lifetime was under Obama.

LOL. And the Republicans are not? Thats hilarious.

When you start off like this, you simply deny reality. You've got some made up thing that you THINK leftists are. And im sure Im going to see post after post of this nonsense in this thread.

Know who we are? We are your neighbors. Your family for some of you. And this made up extreme idea of what all Democrats are because you can find some left wing extremists who claims we are this? Just stop. Its self deceptive AT BEST.
Standing ovation. All of this. ^

Old 07-07-2022, 05:30 PM

10,172 posts, read 20,790,307 times
Neither party is big on compromise. Often times the solution is found by splitting the difference. Abortion was a perfect example. Far left wants abortion available right to the day of delivery, far right doesn’t want abortion to be an option at all. How about abortion is legal up to four months? Fortunately there are a few governors on the right proposing just that for their state.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies