Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-09-2022, 04:32 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,214,810 times

Advertisements

Maybe Ukraine should give up since without help they would have rolled over months ago. I say let nature take it's course. This isn't the first land invasion the world has seen and it won't be the last. Maybe it's just inevitable.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2022, 04:41 PM

43,106 posts, read 18,269,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WK91 View Post
I disagree. I think the Russians were upset about the whole Donbas conflict, and they were upset with the Ukrainians talking about NATO.

If the goal was to not have a war, you cede Russia the Donbas region, which they are going to get by force anyway, and you assure them that Ukraine will never join NATO.

Some have said that this just kicks the can of war down the road a few years, but for the tens of thousands of dead right now, I’ll bet they’d take a few years right about now.

That’s what diplomacy is. You handle the immediate crisis, with the hope that resolutions can be found later. Once the tanks rolled across the border it was too late.

I firmly believe that most of the Democrats, and some of the establishment Republicans, wanted this proxy war to happen.

We all know Biden’s brain is gone, so I’m assuming Blinken is running foreign policy as he sees fit.

That’s just wonderful, an unelected globalist progressive ideologue has decided unilaterally that we should be in a proxy war with Russia.
So do I. The US pressured European countries over the Russian oil embargo.
Now we're emptying out our strategic reserves to supply Europe with oil and the US has said "to heck with the other countries" that rely on Russian oil.

China put it very nicely when the US pressured China to take sides. China said this was US's war with Russia, not China's war with Russia.

Old 07-09-2022, 08:10 PM

18,495 posts, read 9,161,666 times
The Ukraine war is Joe Biden’s fault. He forced Vladimir Putin to declare war on Ukraine.

It’s all true.

Old 07-09-2022, 10:51 PM

8,943 posts, read 11,784,322 times
It makes me sad to hear some people say that the Russian invasion of Ukraine is a local problem between Russia and Ukraine and has nothing to with us. Nothing could be further from the truth because we live in a connected world where all countries buy things they need from other countries.

The Wuhan virus lock down in China created supply chain problems that impacted the whole world. Similarly, the Russian invasion of Ukraine impacted supplies including wheat, fertilizer, neon gas, sun flower oil, gas, oil that the world needs.

No country lives alone. When Ukraine was invaded, goods stopped coming out of Ukraine and that created a supply problem that caused the price of those products to go up and impacted everyone the world over.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T4TIeybyn1o

Old 07-09-2022, 10:54 PM

14,229 posts, read 4,593,980 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjshae View Post
With DJT as a lame duck President and having a steady decrease in international influence, yes it is entirely possible that Putin could have invaded the Ukraine during a second term. Once Putin got what he wanted out of DJT, it was on to the next item on his agenda.
would have
Could have
Didn’t

Let’s stick with facts and not “what if”

Did Putin invade a sovereign country when Trump was in the office between 2016-2020? No
Did Putin invade a sovereign country when Obama was POTUS and Biden was VP? Yes
Did Putin invade a sovereign country when Biden is POTUS? Yes

Old 07-09-2022, 11:20 PM

2,515 posts, read 1,298,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mojo101 View Post
Sri Lanka,Turkey,Egypt and most African countries,they cant even afford to buy a piece of bread.
It would get worse come winter,these countries which has no natural gas cant afford to compete with EU for LNG.
There must be an error.

Sri Lanka, Turkey and Africa have one of the best climates for year-round agriculture.
Russia has the coldest climate with just a few summer months to grow crops. How can it feed half of the world?

Growing tea and coffee in Sri Lanka, for example, is much more profitable than growing potatoes and carrots in Russia.

It's like comparing agricultures of California and Alaska. You can grow everything in California, especially expensive foods like strawberries, nuts, grapes, peaches.

How can Sri Lanka suffer during the next winter when the average temperature in January is 73 degrees?

Old 07-10-2022, 07:28 AM

50,795 posts, read 36,486,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Biden dithered for months while Russia stockpiled weapons and supplies on the border and then said a minor incursion would be OK.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wiMDmtcQEEM

Trump would have armed Ukraine to the teeth before (not after) the invasion.

Trump would have ramped up domestic fuel production before the invasion, not beg the Saudis and Iranians after.

Trump would have made the cost of invading too high and the rewards for taking Ukraine much less.

Trump definitely would not have sold oil from the SPR to China so Hunter could make a nice profit for the Biden crime family.
I don’t believe for one second that Trump would have armed Ukraine. He didn’t help anyone who didn’t help him. He’d have punished Ukraine for not investigating Hunter when he asked them to. That was his M.O.

Old 07-10-2022, 07:52 AM

30,166 posts, read 11,795,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
I think absolutely they would have invaded with Trump president. They’d have had a much easier time because Trump wouldn’t have given the kind of aid to Ukraine that Biden is.
Bingo. We will never know 100% but Putin has a long term plan regarding former soviet states and whoever is in the white house has little to do with that.

Old 07-10-2022, 01:11 PM

38,642 posts, read 26,378,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
I don’t believe for one second that Trump would have armed Ukraine. He didn’t help anyone who didn’t help him. He’d have punished Ukraine for not investigating Hunter when he asked them to. That was his M.O.
What makes you think Ukraine wouldn't have coughed up the evidence against the Biden crime family as soon as Trump won a second term?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies