Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-08-2022, 07:17 AM

15,355 posts, read 12,642,973 times

Advertisements

https://www.cnn.com/videos/politics/...t-ebof-vpx.cnn

even when the host asked what if a teacher said “Nazi’s are bad” one says “No.. nothing should be called bad”

This is crazy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2022, 07:37 AM

24,465 posts, read 17,207,356 times
Ok that is dumb. CNN finds some people that think teaching anything that is "bad" is well bad? Ok there are some ignorant people out there that do not care to face that slavery was a thing, that Hitler was a monster and these are the same types that would probably deny the holocaust but come on. I think what CNN was trying to do is advance their narrative that we need CRT in schools because people deny that slavery was bad. I think that the majority of us agree that slavery was a dark time in our History and rightfully so it was ended.

What is really crazy is that the man that interviewed those women thinks that white people fear black people taking over the country yet here we have a group of 3 women and 1 on her own willingly stopping on the street to speak with a large and somewhat intimidating black man? I guess the Fear he speaks of is not as bad as he claims? I wonder how many people he had to interview to finally get the answers that CNN wanted?

Kids need to be taught all of our History not just the nice parts and certainly not a version that has been spilled through a Leftist agenda sifter. Of course History NEEDS to be taught. I just found out from my 11 year old Niece that her school does not teach US History. How can this be?

Old 07-08-2022, 07:39 AM

17,371 posts, read 14,618,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltdesigner View Post

even when the host asked what if a teacher said “Nazi’s are bad” one says “No.. nothing should be called bad”

This is crazy.

What those women were saying is that teacher's shouldn't give their opinion on anything - only facts.

Old 07-08-2022, 07:42 AM

9,434 posts, read 4,249,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckity View Post
What those women were saying is that teacher's shouldn't give their opinion on anything - only facts.
And if the student concludes that slavery was a good and positive thing for blacks and they were lucky to be brought to America for free, the teacher should let that go and not correct it?it is a fact that slaves did not have to pay for their passage.

Old 07-08-2022, 07:42 AM

2,953 posts, read 992,276 times
If I was raising school aged kids right now they would either be going to a Catholic school or would be educated at home. I don't trust the educational system anymore. I've lost faith in teachers, administrations, school boards and of course teachers unions. It's a corrupt system that does not represent parents' values and has a built-in agenda of indoctrination. I'm not blaming all teachers or all schools but it's too widespread and those engaged in the indoctrination are very secretive about it.

Old 07-08-2022, 07:45 AM

25,699 posts, read 18,777,662 times
Quote:

This is crazy.
That's actually a concept right out of leftist postmodernism theory--the idea that there is no right and wrong, no good and bad. So when a leftist is outraged by someone saying slavery or Nazis are not bad... it's yet another example of their hypocrisy.

Meanwhile, back in the real world, is slavery bad? Of course it is. Are Nazis bad? Of course they are.

Old 07-08-2022, 07:46 AM

50,720 posts, read 36,424,154 times
Quote:

This is crazy.
I saw one the other day I can’t remember what state, where they wanted to call slavery “forced relocation”instead of slavery. We are witnessing the beginning of the literal whitewashing of history.

Old 07-08-2022, 07:48 AM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 2 days ago)

35,604 posts, read 17,935,039 times
show of hands

is there anyone here, anyone, who wasn't taught that slavery was evil when they went to public school? back in the day?

Old 07-08-2022, 07:49 AM

9,434 posts, read 4,249,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
That's actually a concept right out of leftist postmodernism theory--the idea that there is no right and wrong, no good and bad. So when a leftist is outraged by someone saying slavery or Nazis are not bad... it's yet another example of their hypocrisy.

Meanwhile, back in the real world, is slavery bad? Of course it is. Are Nazis bad? Of course they are.
I do believe all leftist think slavery was wrong.
I’m going to say 100% believe slavery was wrong and think that should be taught in the schools.
But you are welcome teach your children at home another version of history. Plenty teach that the holocaust never happened- although that is not what they teach in public schools.

Old 07-08-2022, 07:50 AM

28,663 posts, read 18,768,884 times
Quote:

This is crazy.
Those are three of the 53% of white women who voted for Trump.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
That's actually a concept right out of leftist postmodernism theory--the idea that there is no right and wrong, no good and bad. So when a leftist is outraged by someone saying slavery or Nazis are not bad... it's yet another example of their hypocrisy..
Hypocrisy abounds and is not bounded by party.

"What I want to be true is true, and what you want to be true is false."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies