Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-14-2022, 12:34 PM

3,560 posts, read 1,652,793 times

Advertisements

Seriously, drug smuggling didnt slow one iota under Vlad-lite. He stopped the people from Central America looking to escape gangs and brutality. He did diddly to stop fentanyl from China through Mexico. He was a useless wart on buttocks of the world, that third of country blindly worshipped, mostly cause it annoyed the other two thirds of country when they did so. Or maybe they just wanted a kleptocrat king that couldnt be thrown out of office when he screwed up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-14-2022, 01:39 PM

18,158 posts, read 15,623,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
If you stop it from Mexico it will come from somewhere else. If you stop the Fentynal access, they'll switch to something else. Again, well over half a decade fighting a failed war. How many more trillions do you really want to throw at an unwinnable war?

Too many people in this country think the solution to every problem is to get tougher. People have been abusing opiods for literally thousands of years, time to stop trying to control what people choose to do with their bodies.
MMMMM. I've mulled the idea of drug legalization over quite in depth. There would be a lot involved. When I think about how up in arms some folks get about drug use the first thing that pops into my mind is alcohol. It's all fine and well folks yowling and spitting about drug overdoses and how many lives they cost. BUT how does that number compare with deaths from alcohol?

Anyone 21 and older can walk into a store and buy enough booze to drown a rhino. And consume it in short order which is not rare. Then there's the drunk driving deaths and other powered items. Like power tools i.e. chainsaws circular saws and such. And the booze that causes this which I personally believe is worse than the most of narcotics is legal and accessible. Now meth is probably worse.

But with other drugs like opiates/opioids maybe cocaine to a point and good old weed these things are easier on the body than booze. And if these things were legal they could be regulated have purity standards so nothing is cut with fentanyl or something even worse. people will still abuse the drugs just like happens with booze but overall I've come to believe the benefits outweigh the negatives.

ust my personal opinion as I predict there will be backlash. conflicting opinions backed with anecdotes of a family member who died from drugs. My preemptive counter is that such happens with booze all the time as well and the drugs that killed whoever the beloved one was came off the street and so what were the drugs being used stepped on with?

Plus there always has been and always will be abuse of the substances man has created. So legalize things. Tax them regulate them Why line the cartels pockets? If drugs were legalized I can hear the screaming from South of the border in palatial haciendas. I'm not advocating drugs like meth be legalized and fentanyl should be medical use only. There's other but I do think things would be better if many drugs were treated like booze.

Old 07-14-2022, 02:19 PM

14,968 posts, read 9,804,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HJ99 View Post
Seriously, drug smuggling didnt slow one iota under Vlad-lite. He stopped the people from Central America looking to escape gangs and brutality. He did diddly to stop fentanyl from China through Mexico. He was a useless wart on buttocks of the world, that third of country blindly worshipped, mostly cause it annoyed the other two thirds of country when they did so. Or maybe they just wanted a kleptocrat king that couldnt be thrown out of office when he screwed up.
You're stuck in the past. Quit the blame-ouflage. More drugs moving across the border then ever before.

Old 07-14-2022, 06:45 PM

18,801 posts, read 8,467,936 times
Quote:
If you stop it from Mexico it will come from somewhere else. If you stop the Fentynal access, they'll switch to something else. Again, well over half a decade fighting a failed war. How many more trillions do you really want to throw at an unwinnable war?

Too many people in this country think the solution to every problem is to get tougher. People have been abusing opiods for literally thousands of years, time to stop trying to control what people choose to do with their bodies.
Exactly.

There is just too much potential profit it, so will find its way.
Tiny bits of fentanyl can be hidden and smuggled in so many ways and provide for so many doses.
You can go after the big guns, but others will take their place.

Old 07-14-2022, 06:54 PM

10,172 posts, read 20,778,598 times
Quote:

Same argument can be used for guns. Ban guns in the U.S., the bad guys will still get them from somewhere else. Just like the drugs, prostitutes, and anything else illegal.

Old 07-14-2022, 06:57 PM

15,945 posts, read 12,282,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
MMMMM. I've mulled the idea of drug legalization over quite in depth. There would be a lot involved. When I think about how up in arms some folks get about drug use the first thing that pops into my mind is alcohol. It's all fine and well folks yowling and spitting about drug overdoses and how many lives they cost. BUT how does that number compare with deaths from alcohol?

Anyone 21 and older can walk into a store and buy enough booze to drown a rhino. And consume it in short order which is not rare. Then there's the drunk driving deaths and other powered items. Like power tools i.e. chainsaws circular saws and such. And the booze that causes this which I personally believe is worse than the most of narcotics is legal and accessible. Now meth is probably worse.

But with other drugs like opiates/opioids maybe cocaine to a point and good old weed these things are easier on the body than booze. And if these things were legal they could be regulated have purity standards so nothing is cut with fentanyl or something even worse. people will still abuse the drugs just like happens with booze but overall I've come to believe the benefits outweigh the negatives.

ust my personal opinion as I predict there will be backlash. conflicting opinions backed with anecdotes of a family member who died from drugs. My preemptive counter is that such happens with booze all the time as well and the drugs that killed whoever the beloved one was came off the street and so what were the drugs being used stepped on with?

Plus there always has been and always will be abuse of the substances man has created. So legalize things. Tax them regulate them Why line the cartels pockets? If drugs were legalized I can hear the screaming from South of the border in palatial haciendas. I'm not advocating drugs like meth be legalized and fentanyl should be medical use only. There's other but I do think things would be better if many drugs were treated like booze.
Because alcoholics all think the potheads are lazy. Brainwashed people holding firm to their beliefs. Ban alcohol. Problem solved.

Old 07-14-2022, 07:34 PM

78,376 posts, read 60,566,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sholomar View Post
Because alcoholics all think the potheads are lazy. Brainwashed people holding firm to their beliefs. Ban alcohol. Problem solved.
Many of my close friends are thru one buddy and then his ties to AA and the mutual friendships we've made.

I've never found them to be judgemental of anyone, especially those involved in other substance abuse.

Heck, we have guys that hang out with us that have felony records, meth, crack etc. and they were always supportive.

If you want to drag on a concept then go right ahead but please don't discourage people from seeking help via AA as if they'd be mocked or ostracized for something other than booze.

Old 07-14-2022, 08:34 PM

18,158 posts, read 15,623,058 times
Percocet or Vicoden would have worked better. Fentanyl doesn't work on me. It's voodoo I tell ya. For being the chief god of opioids/opiates it truly made me wonder.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies