Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: I support the right to choose
Only for abortion 4 4.40%
Only for vaccines 10 10.99%
For both vaccines and abortion 15 16.48%
For all things, including drugs and prostitution. 62 68.13%
Voters: 91. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-09-2022, 04:29 PM

7,685 posts, read 13,142,943 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by guyntexas View Post
starting? Where have you been for the last two years? Lol. Just kidding ya.
Rolling my eyes every time sippy-cup bunker dwelling Joe Obiden opens his bumbling mouth.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2022, 05:06 PM

24,630 posts, read 9,458,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
Yes, I do.
No you don’t, you support vaccine mandates and banning unvax people of color from public events because you don’t trust your own vaccine to keep you safe from the unvax.

That’s not body autonomy. That’s government tyranny and you supported the reversal of Roe V Wade.

The government doesn’t give a damn about your health. Otherwise they would ban cigarettes, alcohol, or junk food which is the leading cause of heart disease and ER visits funded by taxpayers. They care about re-election and staying in power, whether that means controlling your body or not, and you want them to control your body.

Last edited by Rocko20; 07-09-2022 at 05:24 PM..

Old 07-09-2022, 05:22 PM

9,457 posts, read 5,221,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by paracord View Post
Define "male."
I'm not a biologist

Old 07-09-2022, 05:30 PM

30,166 posts, read 11,795,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyNTexas View Post

In any case, common sense is really all that is required here. Either you have the power to choose whether something is injected into you or not, or someone else chooses. That determines who owns you. Either you own you, or someone else does. It’s as simple as that.

But at the end of the day, any employer, agency, or government entity issuing vaccine mandates is in direct violation of international law, PERIOD. By nature of it being a mandate, it ignores the requirement of informed consent.

Of course you have a choice if something is injected into you. You don't take the job. If enough people say no to that they employer has to back off. I like the free market concept on that. I don't want the government mandating vaccines or mandating businesses cannot conduct business as they choose. Just keep the governments nose out of it.

Old 07-09-2022, 05:38 PM

8,806 posts, read 6,110,985 times
I support whatever you want to do to YOUR OWN body (not a baby’s body) with your own money. That includes declining suggested procedures if you don’t want them.

Old 07-09-2022, 06:13 PM

26,660 posts, read 13,746,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
Of course you have a choice if something is injected into you. You don't take the job. If enough people say no to that they employer has to back off. I like the free market concept on that. I don't want the government mandating vaccines or mandating businesses cannot conduct business as they choose. Just keep the governments nose out of it.
That is coercion. Not free choice.

Old 07-09-2022, 06:29 PM

30,166 posts, read 11,795,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
That is coercion. Not free choice.
You have limits on free choice when you agree to work for someone. You can't show up when you want, do whatever you want, wear whatever you want, etc. I get that getting a vaccine is more involved than those examples but they are coercing you to wear shoes and to show up on time. Don't you have a free choice to be barefoot all the time?

I am not for vaccine mandates. But I am also not for the mandating businesses to either require or not be allowed to require vaccines.

What if someone is immune compromised and discover a business that they could work for has a vaccine mandate that makes that person feel safer if they worked there? You want the government to tell that business they can't do that?

Last edited by Oklazona Bound; 07-09-2022 at 06:40 PM..

Old 07-09-2022, 06:30 PM

15,089 posts, read 8,634,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenvalleyfan View Post
what about employers forcing construction company employees to wear hard hats and eye protection? What about a municipality forcing firefighters to wear scba in fires and fireprotective hoods and turnout coats? What about police forced to wear bullet proof vests? It's all employer mandated protection. Some of this protection can cause other physical problems when worn.
Your bullet proof vest, hard hat, and fire protection equipment may or may not save your life but they certainly cannot kill you like the “vaccine” can and has done to 28,000+ People

But most importantly, you cannot take off your vaccine after your work shift ends.

Old 07-09-2022, 06:34 PM

78,414 posts, read 60,593,823 times
I fully support independent rights.

Drugs. Prostitution (if not forced) etc. etc. etc.

That being said, I don't want to pay the rent, food etc. of someone to be a wasted drug addict and so forth.

If you want to go live under a bridge somewhere doing that, then great. If you assault others to afford the lifestyle then I'm cool with shooting you dead.

Free choice, free consequences.

Old 07-09-2022, 06:43 PM

24,630 posts, read 9,458,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
You have limits on free choice when you agree to work for someone.
You have limits on free choice when you agree to live in a state.

Don’t like it? Move to a different state. Don’t like that? Use your American freedom of movement to move overseas.

If Dr. Fauci knows what’s best for your body, so does Clarence Thomas.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies