Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: I support the right to choose
Only for abortion 4 4.40%
Only for vaccines 10 10.99%
For both vaccines and abortion 15 16.48%
For all things, including drugs and prostitution. 62 68.13%
Voters: 91. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-08-2022, 09:44 AM

10,088 posts, read 7,763,936 times

Advertisements

Do what you want with your body but don't kill an innocent baby.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2022, 09:48 AM

2,189 posts, read 1,404,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annandale_Man View Post
Unborn babies have a right to autonomy too. Maybe they don't want to be killed in the womb.
Well stated.

Old 07-08-2022, 09:53 AM

1,213 posts, read 567,936 times
Government needs to stay out of our lives. Period.
Everything should be based upon the constitution, and then a vote by the people.
I’m sick of this middle of the night law passing crap with little or no input from the people.
We should be running the country, NOT politicians.
It really (long line of expletives) to no end the way that the government has molested the constitution and the will of the people and turned this country into a for profit means for these scumbags. Yeah we might need 1776 V:2

Old 07-08-2022, 10:04 AM

26,660 posts, read 13,743,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBMW View Post
Does your bodily autonomy have any direct effect on me? Are you creating a vector for virus distribution by not getting vaccinated. Are you having kids that you can't support that I will have to pay for? Are you turning yourself into a fried brain drug seeking zombie will with victimize whoever you have to in order to get your next fix?

You can't ignore the interconnectedness.
Your vaccine is supposed to protect you, no real need to force it upon those who don’t want it just to protect you in case your vaccine does not work.

I hate being around drug seeking zombies and support having them punished by the law when they are caught committing crimes that impact others in order to support their drug addiction. Their drug addiction itself however, is their problem.

Old 07-08-2022, 10:08 AM

4,546 posts, read 2,269,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
Your vaccine is supposed to protect you, no real need to force it upon those who don’t want it just to protect you in case your vaccine does not work.

I hate being around drug seeking zombies and support having them punished by the law when they are caught committing crimes that impact others in order to support their drug addiction. Their drug addiction itself however, is their problem.

Unfortunately it would not let me rep you again but

Old 07-08-2022, 10:27 AM

15,842 posts, read 14,476,031 times
It goes beyond that. Mass vaccination is supposed to create herd immunity, so the virus is squeezed out of the entire population. This is an explicit goal of vaccination.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post

Old 07-08-2022, 10:39 AM

26,660 posts, read 13,743,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBMW View Post
It goes beyond that. Mass vaccination is supposed to create herd immunity, so the virus is squeezed out of the entire population. This is an explicit goal of vaccination.
What if the vaccine in question is non sterilizing and cannot possibly create herd immunity?

Does the right to potentially not be exposed to specific viruses trump the right of a human being to decline an injection of a pharmaceutical product?

Old 07-08-2022, 10:49 AM

7,356 posts, read 3,527,265 times
for all things including physician assisted suicide. bodily rights for fetuses should take effect when the baby would be viable outside the womb. most reasonable people agree with this.

Old 07-08-2022, 10:58 AM

13,954 posts, read 5,623,969 times
The most fundamental of all natural rights which we all possess as a condition of our very existence is self-ownership, from which stems every other natural right.

You own you. You can do with you as you see fit. Nobody has the right to interfere with what you do with you. Nobody can take you away from you.

Vaccines, drugs and prostitution are all easy. You control what goes into your body because you belong to you.

Abortion is a stickier wicket because what is inside your body is a human being that exists, and that human being also possesses natural rights. What point along we decide that "existence" occurs is the central debate, but no matter where you fall, it is a sticky wicket and best left to the individual, as 100 different people can and will have 100 different opinions on the matter. I find abortion repugnant in every way, but no child has or will ever be in my body, regardless of how the LBTQ...lmnop_expialadocious folks want to try to redefine biology. Thus, not for me to say for any other body, as I only own me, and exactly nobody else.

Self-ownership, kids. It's where all your rights come from, endowed by existence itself.

Old 07-08-2022, 11:03 AM

36,525 posts, read 30,856,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by diddlydudette View Post
Do what you want with your body but don't kill an innocent baby.
I didnt see that option in the poll.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies