Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-09-2022, 01:21 PM

25,445 posts, read 9,805,591 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
It rarely is, so let's not go down that path.
Yes, let's do go down that path. That is the whole point.

Old 07-09-2022, 01:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesjuke View Post
Generally speaking not, not at all.
A few cases here and there do not change what it is and is not.

Put in another way in almost all cases of abortion it had nothing to do with reproductive health.
Calling some by certain terms does make it something other than what it is.
You and I don't get to make that distinction. For women whose reproductive health it does effect, well, I guess they're just out of luck. That's why the decision should be left up to the woman. Real women are affected, not just some statistic somewhere.

Old 07-09-2022, 01:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YourWakeUpCall View Post
Pro Tip: Fool-proof way to avoid health issues associated with pregnancy: Don't get pregnant.

Characterizing abortion as a women's health issue is like crashing your car into a tree while drunk and claiming the subsequent damage is a manufacturer's defect. The pro-abortion crowd can attempt to dress up their monstrous behavior with fancy phrases like "women's productive health" or "pro-choice" but it is, and always will be, just murder. They do this because they know there is absolutely no defense for abortion.
You call it monstrous behavior, yet every state in this country has allowed it in some form since the 1970s. Now all of a sudden it's monstrous behavior?

Old 07-09-2022, 01:31 PM

33,316 posts, read 12,527,813 times
Quote:
It rarely is, so let's not go down that path.
Doesn’t matter how often it is the case.

The fact that it is negates your assertion.

Old 07-09-2022, 01:35 PM

9,131 posts, read 6,185,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Biden coined that phrase recently by stating he would sign an EO making abortions legal nationwide. You're right it has nothing to do with a woman's reproductive health unless the woman's life is at risk while pregnant or giving birth.

It's an interesting situation.

Something legal on the Federal level, but illegal locally. Many people would argue that Federal laws supersede local laws.

What about something that is illegal on the Federal level, but legal locally. Does the Federal law supersede the local law? Is it illegal? Should the Feds pursue prosecution of the Federal law being violated? Just remember that possession of marijuana is still a federal crime, notwithstanding local legalization of possession in some areas.

So are people arguing that federal laws override local laws and therefore possession of marijuana is illegal across the USA? Is anyone about to give up their marijuana because of the federal laws?

Old 07-09-2022, 01:53 PM

5,654 posts, read 6,217,411 times
I am pro-choice for earlier-term abortions. I just use the term abortion, not reproductive health, which does seem like a bit of a euphemism. However, there are cases where an abortion is needed for the health of the mother, as noted earlier. More to the point, though, I think it is also reproductive health issue to the extent that women who need abortions end up getting an illegal and unsafe abortion. A botched illegal abortion can certainly have long term consequences on a woman's reproductive health.

Old 07-09-2022, 02:02 PM

35,699 posts, read 21,054,375 times
Quote:
Let's get something straight. Abortion is simply defined as the termination of a pregnancy. Put another way, it is the prevention of a human life from being born.

Abortion has NOTHING TO DO with the health of a woman, reproductive or otherwise.

Let me repeat:

Abortion has nothing to do with a woman's reproductive health. Let's stop referring to it as such.

Thank you.
Says a male? The whole anti abortion does affect her health. 100%

Old 07-09-2022, 02:03 PM

2,953 posts, read 993,129 times
Quote:
Let's get something straight. Abortion is simply defined as the termination of a pregnancy. Put another way, it is the prevention of a human life from being born.

Abortion has NOTHING TO DO with the health of a woman, reproductive or otherwise.

Let me repeat:

Abortion has nothing to do with a woman's reproductive health. Let's stop referring to it as such.

Thank you.
Just another leftist euphemism to con people. Get your Orwellian double-speak ingrained into the national lexicon and people will start believing that certain things are exactly the opposite of what they really are.

Reproductive health == Extinguishing life.
Homeless == Drug addicted mentally ill. Building housing for them doesn't solve their problem but it's a morally unassailable political position and guarantees compassion votes. With that re-definition of the problem they've established ground rules where they can't lose. Who could stand against people having homes?
Dreamers == Children of illegal aliens. You have to accept and love them and make them citizens. Who could be against dreams?
Pro immigrant == Open borders.
Progressive == A regressive reset back to a 100 yr old Marxist ideology.
Equity == Theft. Extracting by force from someone who earned and giving it to someone who didn't.
Inclusivity == Parsing to the Nth degree a person's identity and assigning them a position in a hierarchy of preference.
Anti-fascist == well ... fascist.
Privilege == Achievement. They've made a dirty word out of achievement. Imagine that.

Old 07-09-2022, 02:07 PM

6,472 posts, read 6,678,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrowGirl View Post
I am pro-choice for earlier-term abortions. I just use the term abortion, not reproductive health, which does seem like a bit of a euphemism. However, there are cases where an abortion is needed for the health of the mother, as noted earlier. More to the point, though, I think it is also reproductive health issue to the extent that women who need abortions end up getting an illegal and unsafe abortion. A botched illegal abortion can certainly have long term consequences on a woman's reproductive health.
I agree with everything you said. "Reproductive health" is indeed a euphemism in most cases of abortion.

Groups on both sides of the abortion issue like to use certain words to try to give their viewpoint more credence: anti-choice, pro-death, baby killers, bodily autonomy. I prefer to just call a spade a spade. It's an abortion, or termination of pregnancy.

Old 07-09-2022, 03:46 PM

15,861 posts, read 21,441,250 times
Everyone woman who gets pregnant is putting her life and health at risk. Every single one. And keep in mind that maternal death in America is one of the highest in the developed world.

How is something to do with the reproductive system *not* reproductive health?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies