Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-10-2022, 12:24 PM

26,660 posts, read 13,746,362 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
Not sure you’ll ever get people to stop using words/labels. Some call women who abort baby killers. The label pro choice has been embraced and used now to include vaccines, illegal drugs. The words body autonomy and pro choice now mean different things to different people.
The words pro bodily autonomy and pro choice have meaning. If you want to continue to use them while not actually being pro bodily autonomy or pro choice you are of course free to do so but don’t be surprised if people call you out on the hypocrisy. Don’t be surprised if you lose supporters for the abortion rights issue because of things like this.

Old 07-10-2022, 12:38 PM

18,381 posts, read 19,020,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
The words pro bodily autonomy and pro choice have meaning. If you want to continue to use them while not actually being pro bodily autonomy or pro choice you are of course free to do so but don’t be surprised if people call you out on the hypocrisy. Don’t be surprised if you lose supporters for the abortion rights issue because of things like this.
I’m talking in general. Not everyone agrees exactly what either phrase means. There is no consensus. Pro choice for some isn’t all or nothing. Same thing with body autonomy if your talking other things besides abortion. Some think it’s ok to not vaccinate but it isn’t ok for people to be drug addicts for example. People on the fence being swayed because some woman wore a pink kitty hat to a protest, were never much of a supporter of choice anyway.

Old 07-10-2022, 12:43 PM

10,099 posts, read 7,767,103 times
Why does the title of the thread just reference women,? I thought the dems said men can get pregnant. Then men get abortions too, right?

Old 07-10-2022, 12:47 PM

17,420 posts, read 14,642,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deckard_BR View Post
Literally no one ever said that.
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/hou...have-abortions

Quote:
Aimee Arrambide, the executive director of the abortion rights nonprofit Avow Texas, was asked by Rep. Dan Bishop, R-N.C., to define what "a woman is," to which she responded, "I believe that everyone can identify for themselves."

"Do you believe that men can become pregnant and have abortions?" Bishop asked.

"Yes," Arrambide replied.

Old 07-10-2022, 12:47 PM

89,026 posts, read 44,824,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
1- This legal definition may determine which CPT codes are selected: abortion (59812-59857) or delivery (59400-59515).
Medical Abortion.

2- Several states have restricted abortion coverage in other private health insurance plans, especially following passage of the Affordable Care Act (ACA) in 2010, which provided for the establishment of state-level health insurance exchanges. While these coverage restrictions on private health plans are in place in half of the states, other states have taken steps to protect abortion access and affordability by requiring insurance plans to cover abortion. https://www.guttmacher.org/state-pol...rage-abortion#

To reply on codes and insurance.
Insurance covers in some states , not all.

I am not trying to alienate anyone. I’m fighting for the freedoms I fought to get as a woman over 50 years ago to make sure my 5 granddaughters have the same privilege to their freedoms in the future. A right to choose what’s best for them.
It’s a fact that most who are anti abortion are old white men. They can kiss my grits.

The only demographic in America that reliably opposes abortion access is men over the age of 50, according to an analysis of data provided to Insider from Gallup's annual survey on abortion.
https://www.businessinsider.com/abor...n-women-2022-7
You're proud of the right to kill at will? That's a rather odd admission.

Old 07-10-2022, 01:42 PM

7,260 posts, read 5,135,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Anti-choice? Um no, pro-life.

The opposite of Pro- Choice is Anti-Choice...As long as you keep thinking about it your way, you're doomed to wallow in the mire of logical inconstencies.

In regrds the question in the OP re-- "reproductive health"-- There's a whole medical specialty concentrated on it-- Obstetrics.

Old 07-10-2022, 01:48 PM

17,420 posts, read 14,642,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by guidoLaMoto View Post
The opposite of Pro- Choice is Anti-Choice...As long as you keep thinking about it your way, you're doomed to wallow in the mire of logical inconstencies.

In regrds the question in the OP re-- "reproductive health"-- There's a whole medical specialty concentrated on it-- Obstetrics.
Nope. Wrong.

It’s gynecology not obstetrics.

Old 07-10-2022, 01:50 PM

15,713 posts, read 9,523,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
Let's get something straight. Abortion is simply defined as the termination of a pregnancy. Put another way, it is the prevention of a human life from being born.

Abortion has NOTHING TO DO with the health of a woman, reproductive or otherwise.

Let me repeat:

Abortion has nothing to do with a woman's reproductive health. Let's stop referring to it as such.

Thank you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
It can very well be linked to a woman's reproductive health.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
It rarely is, so let's not go down that path.
By Post 4, you have already contradicted your OP by saying that it "rarely is" about reproductive health. rare as in sometimes it is. SMH You do not want to call it "reproductive health" as you think it is always about willingly terminating a pregnancy when often a woman is told that the child will not be born aive or that she, the mother, could die as a result.

If a doctor had told me then-wife that she could die in child birth, I very much would want her to abort the child, especially if it had been our second.

Old 07-10-2022, 01:51 PM

9,434 posts, read 4,253,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by diddlydudette View Post
Why does the title of the thread just reference women,? I thought the dems said men can get pregnant. Then men get abortions too, right?
Absolutely, we all strive to be as politically correct as you. Bravo for bringing it to out attention. Glad someone is looking it for the trans population.

Old 07-10-2022, 02:14 PM

62,958 posts, read 29,141,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe the Photog View Post
By Post 4, you have already contradicted your OP by saying that it "rarely is" about reproductive health. rare as in sometimes it is. SMH You do not want to call it "reproductive health" as you think it is always about willingly terminating a pregnancy when often a woman is told that the child will not be born aive or that she, the mother, could die as a result.

If a doctor had told me then-wife that she could die in child birth, I very much would want her to abort the child, especially if it had been our second.
Voluntary abortion based on inconvience only is not reproductive healthcare though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies