Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-14-2022, 09:16 AM

8,658 posts, read 3,863,988 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
Again, his defense is going to argue that it is a "twisted interpretation of how it went down", and people will have the opportunity to judge their argument as true, in the same way you are arguing that Twitter's complaint is true.
To be clear, I’m stating my words relative to Twitter’s legal complaint are true i.e. it is not my personal ‘twisted’ interpretation. That said, Twitter has a strong case.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
And whether or not it is a ridiculous statement relative to the trial is irrelevant. We were not speaking in reference to the lawsuit.
Actually, we are speaking to Musk terminating the deal, per the thread (and his actions to that point which led to Twitter’s lawsuit). Point being, what he says publicly on social media (relative to a company he is obligated to protect as an incoming owner) matters.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-14-2022, 09:39 AM

78,366 posts, read 60,566,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
I am not sure what exactly a "bot account" is. My account is in my real first name, James, and a shortened version of my last name. Am I a "bot" or a "genuine" account? I mostly read, not tweet.
A computer creates fake accounts and then has a program where it is set to tweet or respond along whatever that is.

It could basically go around tweeting propaganda about Russia or the Ukraine. It could tweet about how much they love a new band or product to try to create buzz.

Or you might have thousands of "fakes" tweeting how they think Covid was a US invention and that China is completely innocent or that bitcoin is bound to go up or down. etc. etc. etc.

Old 07-14-2022, 01:01 PM

5,067 posts, read 1,665,416 times
Quote:
I am not sure what exactly a "bot account" is. My account is in my real first name, James, and a shortened version of my last name. Am I a "bot" or a "genuine" account? I mostly read, not tweet.

This is not about you. You are describing the behavior of a passive reader only.

A "bot account" is a computer program(AI) that tries to look like, and tweet/post like a real person would, for purposes of spreading/amplifying misinformation like Russia Russia Russia and covid. They are fairly easy to sniff out to the experienced user. There are many of them on FB news media posts also amplifying support on certain subjects to drown out any opposition. I'm confident we have them in this very forum trying to look like real people posting, too.

Last edited by Oldhag1; 07-14-2022 at 05:52 PM.. Reason: Keep on topic, please

Old 07-14-2022, 01:34 PM

18,464 posts, read 15,244,932 times
Quote:
Or maybe you were just programmed to THINK your name is James.

Old 07-14-2022, 01:45 PM

35,045 posts, read 16,995,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tipsyguam View Post
This is not about you, no matter how much you want it to be. You are describing the behavior of a passive reader only.

A "bot account" is a computer program(AI) that tries to look like, and tweet/post like a real person would, for purposes of spreading/amplifying misinformation like Russia Russia Russia and covid. They are fairly easy to sniff out to the experienced user. There are many of them on FB news media posts also amplifying support on certain subjects to drown out any opposition. I'm confident we have them in this very forum trying to look like real people posting, too.
My point is that I am not a source of revenue. I am on it about once every two months, aside from election nights, and I never click their ads. I might as well be a "bot" account. Without my real name my account is useless to them.

Last edited by Oldhag1; 07-14-2022 at 05:53 PM.. Reason: Keep on topic, please

Old 07-14-2022, 04:32 PM

3,368 posts, read 2,889,700 times
Twitter is calling the deal to terminate Elon Mask.

Old 07-14-2022, 06:21 PM

18,270 posts, read 14,427,891 times
Does City Data have any bots? Sometimes I am in the game forum and some people post so much, I wonder if they are bots or if maybe they are being overworked by some company.

Old 07-15-2022, 05:41 AM

5,067 posts, read 1,665,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by temptation001 View Post
Does City Data have any bots? Sometimes I am in the game forum and some people post so much, I wonder if they are bots or if maybe they are being overworked by some company.
sure looks like it does.

We have plenty of that in this sub-forum too, and some other posters asking what a bot account is seemingly trying to get some of us to explain it well enough so they are less likely to out themselves.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies