Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-09-2022, 10:09 AM

28,353 posts, read 16,381,866 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
Right, it states that "it is not clear whether these records are accurate or need to be updated."

Then it links its source as the Washington Examiner (yikes) which then gives this as the records: https://www.qixin.com/company/d65265...d-e106f5a32024. Does anybody read Chinese? Does this seem legit?
Of course - it's not much of a leap to think that the records were simply out of date, but that doesn't get all the BDS eyeballs to your website, so.......

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2022, 10:12 AM

2,612 posts, read 929,413 times
I wonder what people believe this "strategic reserve" is for. There is no way that the government having this oil would ever benefit Americans. They should just sell it off and stop keeping it.

Old 07-09-2022, 10:39 AM

17,440 posts, read 9,268,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketDawg View Post
I don't know if the story about selling stregic oil reserves to Chiina and Hunter's company is true, but if it is, it took a lot of balz for the President to do such a thing.

I always thought the strategic oil reserve was to use in the case of national emergency, with priority to our military. I don't think it's supposed to be used to a) bring down gas prices for us by a few cents, or b) sell it to our number one enemy, especially for personal gain.

The whole thing stinks - if true.
It’s true - and YES the EMERGENCY Strategic Oil Reserves are for “emergencies”, not intended for raising the Polling on a failing President & Political Party before an Election.

Right now - our Reserves are down 40% and at their lowest levels since the 1980’s.
We are now in Hurricane Season — a bad one can shut down the wells on the Gulf of Mexico.
It’s already bad enough that TeamBiden is doing everything they can to stop or heavily curtail drilling & refining in the U.S.A.

Meanwhile, back at the White House Ranch - the daily drawdown is 1 MILLION Barrels a day, every single day until the end of September via Executive Order.

Old 07-09-2022, 10:44 AM

25,737 posts, read 12,815,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
Tell me you don't understand a globally traded commodity, without telling me you don't understand a globally traded commodity.
Selling the oil in the U.S. would have a more direct and dramatic impact upon pricing than selling it into the global market because 1M barrels in the global market is insignificant, but selling it into the U.S supplies might actually move the needle.

Class dismissed

Old 07-09-2022, 10:51 AM

2,942 posts, read 1,638,417 times
K i c k b a c k !

Old 07-09-2022, 11:34 AM

2,612 posts, read 929,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwest09 View Post
K i c k b a c k !
Everything every single politician does involves a kickback of some sort. Politicians arent in office for their $100k salaries, none of them.

Old 07-09-2022, 11:43 AM

2,355 posts, read 1,152,668 times
What's truly amazing is that Yahoo, which is totally in the tank for the Dems, has started posting articles such as the following:
https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/w...160000418.html

Quote:
And while the midterms will come and go, and Democrats will suffer a historic loss, the U.S. energy picture is getting more dire by the minute thanks to the sheer incompetence and/or corruption of the executive branch: crude inventories are the lowest since 2004 as refineries run near peak levels.
This isn't from one of their own grammatically-challenged "authors", but it's seeing new life on Yahoo all the same.

Old 07-09-2022, 12:15 PM

35,703 posts, read 21,054,375 times
Whose keeping an eye on the ball? There are two reasons to give china oil. One- to get our consumer goods across the pond. We are dependent on China as consumers, we need their foods etc etc.
2/ there was a little thing about Russian oil n China, maybe it’s the case of “we will give you the big green marble to stay on our team “ instead going and making friends with Russia. I am assuming if we are talking about it - it is not hidden info.

Old 07-09-2022, 02:06 PM

15,438 posts, read 7,491,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beach43ofus View Post
Selling the oil in the U.S. would have a more direct and dramatic impact upon pricing than selling it into the global market because 1M barrels in the global market is insignificant, but selling it into the U.S supplies might actually move the needle.

Class dismissed
Several companies have exported SPR crude. Phillips 66 is one. Total, a French company is another.

Crude oil is fungible, so it doesn't matter if the SPR crude is exported or not. In fact, it may work out better for the US if light crude is exported and heavier crude is imported in the same amount, given the crude type requirements of various refineries. And, 1 million barrels per day can change crude prices significantly, depending on the mix of supply and demand.

Old 07-09-2022, 03:50 PM

2,912 posts, read 1,248,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
The article states that it is "not clear" whether the records are accurate or up to date.
If something is not 'clear' that means it could go left or go right correct? Funny how you and all your liberal brethren always and immediately take that left turn. Never for a second entertaining the thought that your fearless doddering leader is indeed a criminal. No, couldn't be. No way.

In this thread and in many others you just deflect away from reality. I'd hate to play ping pong with you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies