Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-10-2022, 09:46 PM

2,043 posts, read 856,525 times

Advertisements

Don’t agree at all. For a plethora of reasons. Do you think bad cops can set you up now? All they gotta do is plant enough drugs in your trunk for it to be classified as “intent to sell“ therefore making you a drug dealer and you’re given a death sentence? I don’t think so. I could list examples all day long by this is just wrong. A bad idea. Your 18-year-old spoiled brat kid makes a couple wrong decisions and decides to pedal a little weed to his friends and he should die for it? Come on people!

Do you know how many innocent people are in prison across this country? Tens of thousands. Our criminal justice system is a joke. Your own government and its backing of major pharmaceutical industry is the biggest drug pusher anywhere in the universe. Are you kidding me?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2022, 10:09 PM

866 posts, read 319,811 times
If China executes all their drug dealers who is exporting all the fentanyl?

Old 07-10-2022, 10:12 PM

41,016 posts, read 18,207,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXstate0fmind View Post
If China executes all their drug dealers who is exporting all the fentanyl?
Same folks that sent us Covid

Old 07-10-2022, 11:00 PM

24,630 posts, read 9,458,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe the Photog View Post
We traded one buffoon for another. Let's not go back down that same road in 2024. We need fresh faces.
Not going to happen. Americans are stuck on picking people with name recognition.

Only reason Obama won, without any name recognition, was because he could give a good speech and knew how to run a campaign (cool logo and slogans).

Old 07-11-2022, 12:13 AM

34,278 posts, read 19,371,187 times
Man, the authoritarian wet dream, executing people. And yall cheer it on.

We cant even manage to properly sentence people right now to a degree that is stunning, but sure somehow THIS will work better then it ever has in the past. Got it.

Old 07-11-2022, 12:53 AM

41,016 posts, read 18,207,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
Man, the authoritarian wet dream, executing people. And yall cheer it on.

We cant even manage to properly sentence people right now to a degree that is stunning, but sure somehow THIS will work better then it ever has in the past. Got it.
Life without parole is also a great option, but capital punishment frees up space.

Old 07-11-2022, 01:02 AM

34,278 posts, read 19,371,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
Life without parole is also a great option, but capital punishment frees up space.
aka life is without value? And we should put MORE people in jail because?

We are the leader in the developed world for the number of our people we imprison. It hasnt worked. And yet thats the fallback for "lets execute everyone" for you. More failure?

Weve seen a lot of countries manage this issue without executing people. And most do not solve it through increased incarceration.

Old 07-11-2022, 06:59 AM

4,847 posts, read 3,276,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HardleyEverDavidson View Post
This would lead to innocents being executed. Appeals exist for a reason.
All the more reason to avoid putting yourself in a situation where you might be arrested for dealing drugs.

Studies show the death penalty isn't really a deterrent. Of course it isn't when people know they can spend the next 20 years appealing. When there's absolutely no question the person is guilty, the sentence should be carried out on the courthouse steps immediately. THEN, it might be more of a deterrent.

Old 07-11-2022, 07:10 AM

19,803 posts, read 9,362,001 times
Sorry, but this is an issue that I cannot get all worked up about, one way or the other.

I do not weep when ANY person who has intentionally caused great harm to another person dies, but I don't think the "death to drug dealers" law if it is ever enacted in the U.S. -- which I doubt very much that it ever would -- would apply to anyone selling a very small amount* of any illegal drug. I would think we would be talking about only MAJOR drug sellers with multiple convictions.

*I have never bought any illegal drug and I have never associate with anyone who did except for an occasional joint, so I don't know what illegal drugs sell for, but I would think the "dividing line" between a felony and a misdemeanor would be about $1,000 worth. Please feel free to educate me as far as the dollar amount of illegal drugs just a "casual seller" might have on him or her and in their home.

Old 07-11-2022, 07:13 AM

5,734 posts, read 3,252,971 times
Until you have family that fall victim to drugs like heroin and die from it you don't understand.

I think heroin dealers should be executed because they know damn well their product kills.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado Rambler View Post
Some things never change. Trump still longs (and will always long) for a totalitarian/authoritarian state with himself at the helm. I hope he repeats these words of his loudly and often. While Trump supporters will no doubt cheer this idea on, the rest of the country will be horrified.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies