Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-10-2022, 08:00 AM

27,133 posts, read 13,429,141 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
Jordan Peterson have been suspended from Twitter for hateful conduct:

https://nypost.com/2022/06/30/twitte...age-sin-tweet/

He called former Juno Star Ellen (Elliot) Page's physician a "criminal" and has in the past accused her of "grooming."

"Screenshots posted online show the tweet in question from the Canadian clinical psychologist’s account, which reads: “Remember when pride was a sin? And Ellen Page just had her breasts removed by a criminal physician.”

Page came out as transgender in 2020, announcing he would now be known as Elliot. Peterson, 60, is guilty of “deadnaming” the 25-year-old “Umbrella Academy” star, a source close to the Oscar-nominated actor told The Post."

I learned a new term after reading this: Deadnaming. It's apparently calling a person by their birth name.

As far as I am concerned Peterson has the right to free speech.

As for Paige, I am not interested, and just find it sad.

Last time I saw barely 5 foot tall Paige, he/she/it looked like a Hobbit from Lord of the Rings.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2022, 08:12 AM

15,840 posts, read 6,308,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Essentially, bending to your child's will such that they grow up expecting the world beyond mommy and daddy to also cater to their spoiled brat whims.

You do them a huge disservice by allowing them to remain a toddler into early adulthood, i.e., someone that fails to develop the ability to respect others and to subordinate their immediate desires to the need to achieve long-term goals.
I see this as reactionary. If you want your child to behave in a certain way then model that behavior. If a person reacts to being cut off by another driver by becoming angry then that's how your child will react when inconvenienced. If the service is slow does that parent complain or does that person remain calm, take the focus off themselves and wonder if maybe they are short staffed. If you disrespect your partner then expect your child to disrespect that person as well.

I'll give you an example. At 15 my daughter got caught drinking. She took responsibility and said it was her descision as only some of the kids there were drinking and some where not. I told her she screwed up so seldom I would let this one slide. At 16 when she got caught drinking I quit. I realized I had been modeling that behavior for her and if I didn't want her to have a problem it was on me to change.

Old 07-10-2022, 08:24 AM

5,131 posts, read 3,747,404 times
Ellen is not a well woman.

Old 07-10-2022, 08:31 AM

19,013 posts, read 14,188,739 times
I was once banned for being "hateful" about chickens. And all I did was mention a (mythical?) story about Stalin and chickens. Meh.

Old 07-10-2022, 08:47 AM

7,685 posts, read 13,137,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brave New World View Post

As far as I am concerned Peterson has the right to free speech.

As for Paige, I am not interested, and just find it sad.

Last time I saw barely 5 foot tall Paige, he/she/it looked like a Hobbit from Lord of the Rings.
Hey! Don't insult the Hobbits like that, they had big hearts. Lol!

Old 07-10-2022, 08:48 AM

7,685 posts, read 13,137,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lancers View Post
Ellen is not a well woman.
I wouldn't even call HER a woman, shem is a female at most and one with a serious mental illness.

Old 07-10-2022, 08:58 AM

15,840 posts, read 6,308,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EarthBound? View Post
I wouldn't even call HER a woman, shem is a female at most and one with a serious mental illness.
Is it "Shem" or is it "Shim"? Not to be that guy but if you're going to punch down on someone it looks kinda silly to use the wrong slur.

Old 07-10-2022, 09:14 AM

2,910 posts, read 1,357,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
Jordan Peterson have been suspended from Twitter for hateful conduct:

https://nypost.com/2022/06/30/twitte...age-sin-tweet/

He called former Juno Star Ellen (Elliot) Page's physician a "criminal" and has in the past accused her of "grooming."

"Screenshots posted online show the tweet in question from the Canadian clinical psychologist’s account, which reads: “Remember when pride was a sin? And Ellen Page just had her breasts removed by a criminal physician.”

Page came out as transgender in 2020, announcing he would now be known as Elliot. Peterson, 60, is guilty of “deadnaming” the 25-year-old “Umbrella Academy” star, a source close to the Oscar-nominated actor told The Post."

I learned a new term after reading this: Deadnaming. It's apparently calling a person by their birth name.
I can't stand Jordan Peterson, but wow, they suspended him over this? Unbelievable.

Old 07-10-2022, 09:16 AM

2,910 posts, read 1,357,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSRetired View Post
So you can get in trouble for using the wrong pronoun.
Appears so.

Old 07-10-2022, 09:55 AM

10,443 posts, read 4,030,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EarthBound? View Post
I wish I could give you a 100 points for that one.
Thanks. I have qualms with people who claim to want things natural, or that Gods never do anything wrong but then turn around and mutilate their own bodies for some effed up reason.

I also find it eyerolling that Page is having her breasts removed by choice when there is a massive amount of women that have no choice but to remove their breasts because of cancer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies