Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-10-2022, 08:20 AM

14,267 posts, read 6,954,430 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
Pills are taken at home. There would be no need for this boat if people were just taking abortion pills.
As far as I know, one cannot buy abortion pills over the counter at the nearest drug store. I have read some doctors have the woman take the pills at the abortion clinic.

If a state outlaws abortion, will pharmacies and physicians in that state be able to get the abortion pill? I think not.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2022, 08:21 AM

8,418 posts, read 4,576,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
Your bias is showing. Republicans, conservatives, religious also get abortions. Abortion crosses all political, social and economic lines.

Who's screaming about their "rights" being taken away? Who is threatening a blue wave over this?

Old 07-10-2022, 08:23 AM

14,267 posts, read 6,954,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankNSense View Post
That's the thing..it DOESN"T make sense.

They aren't going to be able to buy an 8-foot dingy from your local Sporting Goods Store. They are going to need what in effect is a Yacht retrofitted to be able to safely do the medical procedures. They aren't going to do this on a 1 person at a time, it would need to be big enough to handle several women at one time, including the crew, and medical professionals. Hint...It won't be cheap. And that is not including the ongoing operating costs, it takes a lot of maintenance to keep sea-going vessels in good shape.

How many women could this group fly/drive to Florida or other nearby States for that cost?
I agree it would require a ship rather than a boat. Airfare is going up (along with everything else) so a boat ride could be cost effective.

Old 07-10-2022, 08:25 AM

8,418 posts, read 4,576,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ansible90 View Post
People really should keep their sick thoughts to themselves.

Any act that requires pleasant euphemisms or just not talking about the reality to make it more palatable deserves some close scrutiny.

Old 07-10-2022, 08:41 AM

15,834 posts, read 6,539,575 times
Women who want an abortion are going to find a way. This is probably cheaper than flying to Canada.

Old 07-10-2022, 08:44 AM

6,385 posts, read 2,707,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjshae View Post
Women who want an abortion are going to find a way. This is probably cheaper than flying to Canada.
Except for the fact that they don't need to fly all the way to Canada. They can go to several other states a lot closer, including Florida.

Old 07-10-2022, 08:45 AM

18,381 posts, read 19,020,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clutchcargo777 View Post
Who's screaming about their "rights" being taken away? Who is threatening a blue wave over this?
Who? All women and men from both parties and independents who think women’s civil rights are being curtailed and that women like men should have body autonomy. Supporting choice for others even if you wouldn’t make the choice yourself. Women abort from all political parties.

Old 07-10-2022, 08:47 AM

8,609 posts, read 2,308,232 times
Quote:
It's only been a week since something like this would make sense. How fast could you raise the money and find a suitable boat? Jeeze. This is not a movie. The conclusion of implementing any idea doesn't happen in 2 hours.
So why is a Bay area activist doctor the one proclaiming this, rather than a sympathetic boat owner already in the Gulf Coast area? There aren't any wealthy pro-choice donors who have a boat in Texas or Louisiana?

The "leak" was the beginning of May.

It's basically "I've got this kernel of an idea, let me use NBC to promote it."

Old 07-10-2022, 08:49 AM

39,078 posts, read 51,231,444 times
Quote:
As far as I know, one cannot buy abortion pills over the counter at the nearest drug store. I have read some doctors have the woman take the pills at the abortion clinic.

If a state outlaws abortion, will pharmacies and physicians in that state be able to get the abortion pill? I think not.
Doctors in Europe are prescribing them for American women as they have done in Poland since they banned the practice. Not much US states can do about it.

Old 07-10-2022, 08:50 AM

7,685 posts, read 13,142,943 times
So are they feeding the fish with the fetuses? What a bunch of hell bound morons.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies