Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-11-2022, 11:49 AM

45,542 posts, read 27,152,040 times

Advertisements

Probably the best discussion on guns I have heard.

Props to Maher for having him on the show, instead of just being a typical political hack.

From 2018...

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2022, 01:30 PM

13,943 posts, read 5,615,884 times
Any time you want a really good perspective of a 2A advocate and responsible gun owner, watch anything Colion Noir puts on social media.

Old 07-11-2022, 09:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volobjectitarian View Post
Any time you want a really good perspective of a 2A advocate and responsible gun owner, watch anything Colion Noir puts on social media.
I had never heard of him.

You can tell he is the type of dude that knows his stuff forwards and backwards.

Old 07-11-2022, 10:12 PM

24 posts, read 13,293 times
Colion Noir is a great 2A advocate.

Old 07-12-2022, 05:37 AM

1,665 posts, read 973,349 times
I've seen this guy a few times. Very smart snd informed guy. We need more like him.

Old 07-12-2022, 05:39 AM

29,444 posts, read 14,623,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Volobjectitarian View Post
Spot on. Colion Noir is a solid , common sense , firearms advocate.

Old 07-12-2022, 05:46 AM

57,233 posts, read 26,172,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
I had never heard of him.

You can tell he is the type of dude that knows his stuff forwards and backwards.
Yes he can explain wat a semi-automatic is, real talent.

So he claims that resistance to the AR-15 is all theatrics, what other astute comments did he provide.

Old 07-12-2022, 05:52 AM

18,453 posts, read 7,081,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post

So he claims that resistance to the AR-15 is all theatrics, what other astute comments did he provide.

Which is significantly more than most "gun control advocates" seem to be capable of.

Old 07-12-2022, 06:28 AM

13,943 posts, read 5,615,884 times
Quote:
So he claims that resistance to the AR-15 is all theatrics
He's right, and I have explained in painstaking detail, at least twice, why that is.

But I'll do it again, summarily:
  • Rifles of all kinds are used in only 3% of all gun related homicide
  • Rifles of all kinds are used in fewer than 20% of defined mass shootings, which is any shooting event where three or more people are injured/killed.
  • Handguns are used in at least 60% of all firearm homicides, but among the unrecovered murder weapons that result "unknown", applying the percentages, handguns are more likely to be used in 85-90% of all firearm related homicide.
So now why does government make theater about AR-15's - a varmint gun that is so unreliable at killing a 120 pound deer that most states have outlawed using one for hunting anything larger than 50 pounds - so much?

Two reasons:

1) Current political theater and scary campaign speeches. That is the window dressing.

2) The simple fact that semiautomatic rifles chambered in 5.56 have the same effective range as the weapon carried by Army and National Guard infantry, as well as most police. The Marines, the various Special Forces, and SWAT teams tend towards 7.62mm/.308 platforms, which is the AR-10 knock off for civilians. The citizen having either is now on equal footing with government agents, at least on an effective range basis. And that pisses government off to no end and always has. They don't want to be equal, they want to be superior.

A citizen armed with a semiauto .223/.308 (5.56mm/7.62mm) and any sort of precision bolt action platform that is .300 or higher caliber has every tactical capability the average soldier/cop/agent of tyranny has, much to Leviathan's dismay.

THAT is why all the theatrics about AR-15s. They are used so rarely in crime that the FBI/DoJ has categorized them as "statistically insignificant" yet the media-political narrative is that they a scourge upon the nation. The reasons are clear. Easy low hanging campaign fruit, but behind it, they are a legitimate threat to government tyranny EXACTLY as the 2nd Amendment intended to protect us from.
Quote:
what other astute comments did he provide.
Watch all of his content. Make up your own mind. Or don't, and just be another ignorant anti-2A zealot who seeks to make everyone as helpless as themselves.

Old 07-12-2022, 06:36 AM

Quote:

You know - everybody doesn't have to know everything about an issue to support it.

I'm not a gun nut (as described in the video). I don't need to be a gunsmith to know that I should have the right to defend myself against tyrannical government and criminals.

The discussion was good in that each participant gave each other room to explain themselves.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies