Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-12-2022, 12:48 PM

29,442 posts, read 14,623,440 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
We can't live in fear mode forever.

We have to live again.

Some people will die by tripping on a crack in the sidewalk and busting their head.

Doesn't mean we need to stay inside with the shutters drawn.
This really does happen. A friends wife fell while jogging, and ended up dying of internal bleeding the next day...

Life can change in an instant....so live every one like it could be your last.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2022, 12:52 PM

8,806 posts, read 6,107,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Based on anecdotal inf, many people are not isolating when symptoms are mild.

MDs, Dentists and hospitals continue to require employees, volunteers, patients and visitors to mask- up. Best case, most masks help contain the wearer’s respiratory droplets.
In the last month, we have been to the ER once, two different dentists x3 visits, the eye doc twice, and two different visits to the pediatrician earlier this year. No masks for us. And no vaccines. The horrors! I’m pretty sure we had it over 4th of July weekend and it was a couple days of misery as it went through the house (family of 7) but nothing to be fearful of. I refuse to live in fear. We have tried to keep as normal a life as possible but that’s been hard when everyone around us are fearful and/or fearmongers. I’m totally over it.

Old 07-12-2022, 12:53 PM

8,806 posts, read 6,107,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Two years ago, there were no vaccines.

The hospitalization and fatality rates were stunning.

Nearly every state put restrictions in place. Some of the restrictions were seriously goofy.

Covid, like all disease, does not care about petty partisanship.
You totally missed the point. The people who died were largely people at death’s door anyway. Not to mention the extreme unreliability of death reports and tests.

Old 07-12-2022, 12:59 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,621,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWiseShopper View Post
So what shall we do about this? Stay at home? No beach trips this summer, no taking a walk on a beautiful sunny day, no shopping and no eating out with friends? Just stay at home?
Go to the doctor and ask for Paxlovid. You will be required to get a positive test first. If all goes well, you'll start feeling a lot better as soon as the day after starting Paxlovid.

Old 07-12-2022, 01:02 PM

3,113 posts, read 937,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
Go to the doctor and ask for Paxlovid. You will be required to get a positive test first. If all goes well, you'll start feeling a lot better as soon as the day after starting Paxlovid.
This post was brought to you by Pfizer.

Old 07-12-2022, 01:18 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,621,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
Masking and distancing were pointless and useless.
Once again, why are hospitals and medical clinics still expecting people entering to wear masks? When I went to my clinic complaining about a positive covid test, I was put in a room away from the main area for patients. The nurse and doctor who saw me both wore not one but two masks. Anyway, I hope I'm immune for a good while and so won't be wearing any mask where not required.

Old 07-12-2022, 01:29 PM

3,478 posts, read 1,403,459 times
Quote:

I'm also skeptical about Paxlovid. People who are taking that are getting Covid rebound. I think Fauci himself had that happen to him.

Old 07-12-2022, 01:47 PM

10,385 posts, read 10,650,173 times
Quote:
Once again, why are hospitals and medical clinics still expecting people entering to wear masks? When I went to my clinic complaining about a positive covid test, I was put in a room away from the main area for patients. The nurse and doctor who saw me both wore not one but two masks. Anyway, I hope I'm immune for a good while and so won't be wearing any mask where not required.
Don't be surprised if that becomes the norm. Why should medical facilities be the places where people are exposed to viruses? Most people in medical facilities understand how this works.

Old 07-12-2022, 02:19 PM

22,653 posts, read 24,575,170 times
I had it once, briefly, and that is it.............but it feels like I have
been plagued by it for years.

Hello, we demand you do worthless masking, social-distance and shiver...........oh yeah,
you WILL take shot after worthless shot of the slapdash concoction.

Old 07-12-2022, 02:29 PM

3,113 posts, read 937,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by villageidiot1 View Post
Don't be surprised if that becomes the norm. Why should medical facilities be the places where people are exposed to viruses? Most people in medical facilities understand how this works.
You are exposed to viruses everywhere.

Around 10% of your DNA is due to viruses. Despite the name (comes from Latin for poison) viruses are nature’s way of passing genes between individuals and are not to be feared but rather embraced.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies