Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-14-2022, 09:16 AM

16,542 posts, read 8,584,349 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
I’m wondering if this will finally wake people up. Maybe end all vaccine mandates?

I’m not optimistic. It think it’s much more likely that it will be buried and ignored.

Sadly, you might be right, with FB, YT and others carrying the water as well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-14-2022, 09:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephan A Smith View Post
I think I'm done getting anymore Covid shots.

I'll just stick with the regular flu shot going forward.
LOL

My Dad and all his elderly buddies at the American Legion have never gotten the annual flu shot, and guess what, none have ever gotten the flu.

Old 07-14-2022, 09:26 AM

4,651 posts, read 4,968,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo58 View Post
I direct your attention to line 158 and 161 of Table 1:

Deaths involving COVID-19 2021 January
Unvaccinated total count = 24364 mortality rate = 1187.2

Second dose, between 21 days and 6 months ago total count = 11 mortality rate = 23.2

Just for example, in that month the mortality rate from COVID was more than 50 times higher for the unvaccinated than for those who had two doses of vaccine.

I think your mistake may be looking at all cause mortality. Since COVID represents a small fraction of total deaths, I would not expect you can detect a difference between the two groups.
Why do you cherry pick one month from a year and a half ago, when very few people had taken the vaccine? Could it be that you're absolutely desperate to make the vaccines look good and you have zero interest in forming a coherent understanding of current reality?

Last edited by tribecavsbrowns; 07-14-2022 at 10:19 AM..

Old 07-14-2022, 09:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Good4Nothin View Post

We won't ever know. Any future problems caused by the vaccines will be blamed on covid.
That is the most disturbing aspect, as even the press/MSM is lock step with the government and pharmaceutical companies.
In the past it took skepticism of the media to not just blindly accept what was being fed to the general public by major corporations and/or the government.

Here is a perfect and salient example of the truth coming out when the press actually had investigative journalism, that would ferret out the facts, regardless of their personal ideology/biases;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4bOHYZhL0WQ

I am not an anti-vaxxer (real definition, not the recently made up one), but neither am I someone who will blindly take one, especially if it is new.
Another words, I will not be a human guineapig, nor will my family, like the poor people in the video.

That is especially true today, because for better or worse, this experimental drug/technology was rushed through a process that normally took (actual vaccines) 7 years on average to come to market.
Many a promising drug/vaccine never made it to market when xyz was discovered in the long vetting process.
So to think these mRNA shots were developed with minimal oversight (and now we find out hidden effects covered up) and they hit a homerun with not one, but as many as 13 worldwide is frankly absurd. Some just came to market, because they went through a more rigorous trial process.
Those might be better or not, but they have already missed the billion dollar boat the Pfizer, Moderna, J&J companies enriched themselves on.

Even worse, unlike in the video where people were fighting to be compensated, all these companies are totally indemnified from any liability.
Yet depending on what state you lived in, or profession, people were mandated to take it, or lose their occupations, and/or freedom.

Old 07-14-2022, 02:10 PM

15,945 posts, read 12,276,554 times
Democrats wrong yet again. Will they rewire their brains going forward? Doubtful. Enjoy your masks, you slaves.

Old 07-15-2022, 07:22 AM

30,141 posts, read 11,765,050 times
This study below is up to date in the UK. It does indicate what the OP said for 2022. However two things I would add. Elderly people are about 99% vaccinated in the UK. Elderly people as well as those with comorbidities are the ones primarily dying of covid. If vaccinated and unvaccanated have the same death rates. Unvaccinated in the UK are majority younger people. Older high risk people are 99% vaccinated.

And the vaccine was quite effective early on. Lives were saved during the time when covid was most deadly.

https://www.ons.gov.uk/peoplepopulat...england/latest

To compare mortality across coronavirus (COVID-19) vaccination statuses, age-standardised mortality rates (ASMRs) are calculated.

]The ASMRs for first and second vaccine doses have been similar to those for unvaccinated people from March 2022 to May 2022, indicating a possible waning in protection; however, the confidence limits are wide for these groups because of lower populations in these vaccination statuses.[*]

Last edited by Oklazona Bound; 07-15-2022 at 07:49 AM..

Old 07-15-2022, 07:43 AM

26,660 posts, read 13,730,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
This study below is up to date in the UK. It does indicate what the OP said for 2022. However two things I would add. Elderly people are about 99% vaccinated in the UK. Elderly people as well as those with comorbidities are the ones primarily dying of covid. If vaccinated and unvaccanated have the same death rates. Then you can conclude that low risk unvaccianted people die at the same rate as high risk vaccinated ones. So the vaccine appears to make a huge difference.

And the vaccine was quite effective early on. Lives were saved during the time when covid was most deadly.

https://www.ons.gov.uk/peoplepopulat...england/latest

To compare mortality across coronavirus (COVID-19) vaccination statuses, age-standardised mortality rates (ASMRs) are calculated.

]The ASMRs for first and second vaccine doses have been similar to those for unvaccinated people from March 2022 to May 2022, indicating a possible waning in protection; however, the confidence limits are wide for these groups because of lower populations in these vaccination statuses.[*]
Elderly people and those with co-morbidities were always the ones dying from covid. If the vaccine could not make a difference in that group, what was the purpose?

Old 07-15-2022, 07:50 AM

4,831 posts, read 3,259,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ansible90 View Post
Trump would have been defeated anyway. The man is an idiot.
But that and your made up George Floyd factoid are off topic anyway.

Everbody knows that the only made up factoids allowed are the ones about Trump!

Old 07-15-2022, 07:52 AM

45,542 posts, read 27,152,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1 View Post
LOL

My Dad and all his elderly buddies at the American Legion have never gotten the annual flu shot, and guess what, none have ever gotten the flu.
You can include me on that list as well.

Old 07-15-2022, 07:58 AM

30,141 posts, read 11,765,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
Elderly people and those with co-morbidities were always the ones dying from covid. If the vaccine could not make a difference in that group, what was the purpose?
That is not what I said. You have to look at who is vaxxed and unvaxxed. High risk people are 99% vaxxed in the UK. Those are the ones much more likely to die from covid. Before the vaccine it was noted that people over 80 (who are a very small percentage of the population) had as many deaths as everyone under 80.

If vaxxed people die at the same rate as unvaxxed people today but almost all the high risk people are vaxxed then the vaccine is working still.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies