Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-13-2022, 04:24 PM

11,021 posts, read 5,976,518 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petunia 100 View Post
I am all for keeping criminals out. Other than that, I don't see a problem with allowing immigrants into the country.
But immigrants are already allowed into the country. It's called immigration. Here we are talking about illegal boarder crosses. Crossing an open boarder that should be secured.

One of the results are criminals crossing over into the country, bringing with them phytanyl and other contraband. Also bringing covid.

Should the same 'immigration' rules apply to airport and seaport entries? Are those rules being applied now? Can a person from say, Australia buy a plane ticked to the US and just land there and walk in and claim financial assistance like the southern boarder crossers do? Well, they don't even have to apply for assistance. Would this hypothetical Australian (a white guy) also be given a free plane ticket to anywhere in the US he chooses?

Old 07-13-2022, 04:26 PM

11,162 posts, read 7,631,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 303Guy View Post
But immigrants are already allowed into the country. It's called immigration. Here we are talking about illegal boarder crosses. Crossing an open boarder that should be secured.

One of the results are criminals crossing over into the country, bringing with them phytanyl and other contraband. Also bringing covid.

Should the same 'immigration' rules apply to airport and seaport entries? Are those rules being applied now? Can a person from say, Australia buy a plane ticked to the US and just land there and walk in and claim financial assistance like the southern boarder crossers do? Well, they don't even have to apply for assistance. Would this hypothetical Australian (a white guy) also be given a free plane ticket to anywhere in the US he chooses?
I'm sorry. I thought I was being clear, but apparently I was not.

I support keeping criminals out. Everyone else is welcome, as far as I am concerned.

Old 07-13-2022, 04:30 PM

8,609 posts, read 2,306,393 times
Quote:
So you want to see more law enforcement officers protecting migrants while they are making their journey to the US? I have no argument with that.
nevermind the answer is no, how would you propose the US LEO's protect migrants from Colombia all the way to the US? Get jurisdiction from all those countries? Just get it in friendly Panama (to turn them around) and Mexico (where we'd turn them into Mexico asylees)?

Old 07-13-2022, 04:34 PM

11,021 posts, read 5,976,518 times
Quote:

I support keeping criminals out. Everyone else is welcome, as far as I am concerned.
No, you were not being clear. On one hand you are saying the southern boarder should be open to all immigrants while on the other hand you are saying that criminals should be kept out.

Do you not see the conflict there? The only way to keep criminals out is via the proper immigration process which is not an open southern boarder. In short, the way to keep criminals out is to close the southern boarder.

Another question; do you not think it unfair that people who wish to legally immigrate to the US should be made to wait a long time, months to years has been stated, while they go through the proper process, which by the way, is how criminals are weeded out, while the southern boarder is wide open to all and sundry, as long as they are not white? Criminals and all.

Old 07-13-2022, 04:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eyebee Teepee View Post
nevermind the answer is no, how would you propose the US LEO's protect migrants from Colombia all the way to the US? Get jurisdiction from all those countries? Just get it in friendly Panama (to turn them around) and Mexico (where we'd turn them into Mexico asylees)?
I have no idea. Ask Corrie22, this is her suggestion.

Old 07-13-2022, 04:37 PM

8,755 posts, read 5,042,001 times
It is just the start. And they want to take guns away from us.

Old 07-13-2022, 04:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 303Guy View Post
No, you were not being clear. On one hand you are saying the southern boarder should be open to all immigrants while on the other hand you are saying that criminals should be kept out.

Do you not see the conflict there? The only way to keep criminals out is via the proper immigration process which is not an open southern boarder. In short, the way to keep criminals out is to close the southern boarder.

Another question; do you not think it unfair that people who wish to legally immigrate to the US should be made to wait a long time, months to years has been stated, while they go through the proper process, which by the way, is how criminals are weeded out, while the southern boarder is wide open to all and sundry, as long as they are not white? Criminals and all.
I have already stated "stop making it illegal". That clears up the conflict quite nicely.

As to the unfairness of the wait for legal immigration, I don't think people attempt to cross the border illegally because of the wait. It is the quotas which are the motivation. End the quotas, screen for criminals, then let them in.

Old 07-13-2022, 04:43 PM

25,693 posts, read 12,772,161 times
Quote:

What if we are unable to determine if they are a convicted felon, or not? What if no country can confirm their true identity? Do we let them in? Or, only people we can verify as being law abiding?

Even if they dont speak any English, are uneducated and thus will have very few job opportunities here, and have no sponsors to help house and integrate them? Should we pay them unemployment?

Should we pay for their food stamps, welfare, section 8 housing, healthcare, ect..? do YOU want to pay for it?

What if they have a chronic healthcare issue like cancer? Should we take on that costly burden? How about a contagious disease, or VD?

Please elaborate in your answering of these questions so we can all understand your position, & please do not deflect, or provide a lazy 1 sentence quip as so many here do when challenged.

Old 07-13-2022, 04:50 PM

8,051 posts, read 12,761,708 times
He should get at least one year in prison and among the general population . Probably wouldn't last a week.

Old 07-13-2022, 04:51 PM

6,855 posts, read 2,843,045 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CatTX View Post
I am glad they caught him, I hope he gets what he deserves.

Ohio man charged in rape of 10-year-old that led to Indiana abortion

Tony Cook, Bethany Bruner and Monroe Trombly, Indianapolis Star
Wed, July 13, 2022 at 11:52 AM·3 min read

An Ohio man has been charged with raping a 10-year-old Ohio girl, whose travel to Indiana to seek an abortion has led to international attention following the Supreme Court's decision to overturn Roe v. Wade.
Gershon Fuentes, 27, whose last known address was an apartment in Columbus, Ohio, was arrested Tuesday after police say he admitted to raping the child on at least two occasions. He's since been charged with rape and is being held on a $2 million bond.
Moderator cut: copyright violation

https://news.yahoo.com/ohio-man-char...163914748.html

Can we strap him to the top of a rocket and shoot him into space?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies