Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-15-2022, 08:44 AM

14,232 posts, read 4,596,290 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuakerBaker View Post
How is it not sexual harassment to repeatedly yell at a stranger that you love their "big booty" and that they look "sexy in that dress" over and over again?

Also to repeatedly call all out her ethnicity and then compare her to a "hot tamale" when republicans are upset about Jill Biden's taco comment, seems a bit unclassy to me.
1) why would it be sexual harassments? is that comedian her coworker or her boss?

2) just 2 weeks ago AOC made a tweet not to condone, but to mock Justice Kavanaugh when he was harassed by a bunch of protesters while he was eating at a restaurant. So yeah, she can go cry me a river
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2022, 08:54 AM

6,035 posts, read 2,849,862 times
I find it ironic that Representative Ocasio-Cortez is upset over this harassment, yet she encourages others to harass Supreme Court Justices that she disagrees with... Totally not hypocritical, or anything like that...

Old 07-15-2022, 08:56 AM

6,035 posts, read 2,849,862 times
Quote:
Also, a little disappointed that AOC's boyfriend just kept walking and didn't even say anything to the "comedian."
This is the difference between dating an Alpha and a Beta...

Old 07-15-2022, 09:10 AM

7,817 posts, read 2,901,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FordBronco1967 View Post
This is the difference between dating an Alpha and a Beta...

No self-respecting Alpha would date AOC.

Old 07-15-2022, 10:16 AM

19,642 posts, read 12,231,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckity View Post
Bruh, those musta been some boring house parties & clubs with women in work appropriate dresses.

Maybe just classy. Of which AOC has none.

Old 07-15-2022, 10:22 AM

5,067 posts, read 1,667,175 times
Quote:
How is it not sexual harassment to repeatedly yell at a stranger that you love their "big booty" and that they look "sexy in that dress" over and over again?

burden on proof is on you, not to prove a negative.

Its not harassment, tio this into such things it is a compliment. I consider it to be more of a fatazz.
Its disappointing that people give this bartender so much coverage.

Old 07-15-2022, 10:24 AM

3,113 posts, read 939,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tugofpeace View Post
bruh, when I used to go to house parties and night clubs that's the same exact outfit women would wear.

women know EXACTLY what they're doing when they wear something. she's not dumb in that regard.

the fact that she gave a peace sign and smiled means she knew exactly what the comedian was doing. she only changed her tune once it went viral and she realized she could exploit the situation.
Not a fan of AOC but she is dressed fine. She has a nice body, show it off a little, that is power in of itself. But I wouldn't consider her inappropriately dressed.

What I see more of the time is men and women underdressed for work - showing up in jeans, flats, and a sweatshirt.

Maybe a different generation. I have an entire walk-in closet of custom made suits. I wear a suit to any business, or even informal things like a night out with friends or the partner.

And this matters, a lot. I have hired women based on how they dressed. If they were dressed sharper, they'd often be hired over someone in flats, etc even if the latter had a more impressive resume. Respect yourself and others will as well!

Old 07-15-2022, 12:11 PM

1,754 posts, read 755,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Du Ma View Post
1) why would it be sexual harassments? is that comedian her coworker or her boss?

2) just 2 weeks ago AOC made a tweet not to condone, but to mock Justice Kavanaugh when he was harassed by a bunch of protesters while he was eating at a restaurant. So yeah, she can go cry me a river
1) One doesn't have to be a boss or a coworker for sexual harassment. It could happen from a customer or a stranger on a sidewalk as you enter your place of work...just like in this instance.

2) I pointed out that turnaround is fair play, however, sexual harassment is not fair play. He could have just as easily teased her about her political positions or past foibles where she said something that was ridiculous. Instead he chose sexual harassment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tipsyguam View Post
burden on proof is on you, not to prove a negative.

Its not harassment, tio this into such things it is a compliment. I consider it to be more of a fatazz.
Its disappointing that people give this bartender so much coverage.
She isn't a bartender anymore, she is a legitimate member of congress, as much as Trump was president. It seems silly to pretend that she is currently a bartender and not a congress members.

Here is the definition of sexual harassment per legal dictionary's website:

Quote:
Sexual harassment refers to unwelcome sexual advances, comments of a sexual nature, requests for sexual favors, and harassment or comments about an individual’s gender, all of which create a hostile work environment. Most commonly, sexual harassment is perpetrated by someone in a position of authority over the victim, such as an employer, supervisor, or teacher.
Let's go over what happened.

A crude comedian waited for her at her place of work and as she entered hurled "unwelcome comments of a sexual nature," which clearly upset her and impacted her workday negatively.

She is likely worried now about more people sexually harassing her or harassing her on her way to work.

Most commonly it is perpetrated by a person of authority, but not exclusively.

I think this counts.

Old 07-15-2022, 12:48 PM

14,232 posts, read 4,596,290 times
Quote:
1) One doesn't have to be a boss or a coworker for sexual harassment. It could happen from a customer or a stranger on a sidewalk as you enter your place of work...just like in this instance.

2) I pointed out that turnaround is fair play, however, sexual harassment is not fair play. He could have just as easily teased her about her political positions or past foibles where she said something that was ridiculous. Instead he chose sexual harassment.

She isn't a bartender anymore, she is a legitimate member of congress, as much as Trump was president. It seems silly to pretend that she is currently a bartender and not a congress members.

Here is the definition of sexual harassment per legal dictionary's website:

Let's go over what happened.

A crude comedian waited for her at her place of work and as she entered hurled "unwelcome comments of a sexual nature," which clearly upset her and impacted her workday negatively.

She is likely worried now about more people sexually harassing her or harassing her on her way to work.

Most commonly it is perpetrated by a person of authority, but not exclusively.

I think this counts.
AOC is a national public figure with millions of online and in-real-life followers. She is indirectly encourages her followers to harass Kavanaugh with her online tweet.

That comedian is a nobody. I don't think I've ever heard of him until today.

So you are right, it's not a fair play......for Kavanaugh.

Old 07-15-2022, 01:07 PM

7,817 posts, read 2,901,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Du Ma View Post
That comedian is a nobody. I don't think I've ever heard of him until today.

You have if you sit on a City Council anywhere between California and Texas.

And you fear him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies