Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-15-2022, 02:00 PM

9,322 posts, read 16,661,006 times

Advertisements

And limit campaign funds....waste of money filling my mailbox with their lies, buying commercials on TV and not aware how many of us push "MUTE."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2022, 02:20 PM

18,065 posts, read 15,653,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe the Photog View Post
Yes. Collages are important.

Except if they start eating the paste and modpodge.

Old 07-17-2022, 01:08 PM

29,218 posts, read 22,354,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
I think that depends on which side you are on.

There were some recently that thought a man that had built a successful empire and who became a Billionaire celebrity business man over the course of decades and a household name round the world and married to a supermodel was an idiot.
There are also some that hold a current politician that has done nothing and has somehow always been on the wrong side of most issues in his near 50 year career feeding at the public trough as brilliant.

I do not think that we need a psychiatric test but a better test would be that any candidate has to prove that for one week they can run a successful Lemonade stand.
The first thing you said was the ultimate truth.
One party will never agree to such a test. That disagreement is built-in to the Constitution and our entire republic.
It's both integral and essential. Every democracy must have a continual struggle going back and forth to keep it in balance.

THere's no test that could ever be written that would satisfy both sides at once. And for a fact, we prefer to elect imperfect candidates. Imperfection is seen as a great change agent in our society.

Old 07-18-2022, 06:47 AM

20,126 posts, read 16,152,106 times
Who decides the criteria that will be used to eliminate candidates? The man I called the worst president in my lifetime until 2021, when he got demoted to second worst, would have passed any psychiatric test with flying colors. Carter was indisputably a highly moral and intelligent man, probably higher on both of those scales than some of our most successful presidents, especially that moral part. Bill Clinton was a successful president but while he was highly intelligent, the guy was a full blown pathological narcissist and sociopath.

Quote:
What do these presidents have in common? Theodore Roosevelt, Franklin Roosevelt, John F. Kennedy. When I saw that question posed by University of California Irvine neuroscientist James Fallon, my response was that they were the three most popular presidents of the 20th century.

Now what about Gerald Ford, Jimmy Carter, and George H.W. Bush? All markedly less popular—each lost his bid for re-election. What I didn’t know is that biographers of each president had been asked to rate their subjects on a standardized assessment of psychopathic traits. Those first three super-popular presidents ranked No. 1, 2, and 3; they were America’s most psychopathic presidents. The three who couldn’t win a second term ranked among the least psychopathic.
https://fortune.com/2016/08/18/great...s-psychopaths/
Would You Vote for a Psychopath?
This scored our presidents pre-2016 and includes a discussion of the final 2016 primary candidates. My guess is Trump would replace Kennedy as number one on the list.

Old 07-18-2022, 07:15 AM

5,067 posts, read 1,665,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZgarden View Post
Then we could solve many of these problems with people who are running for office and are not qualifed mentally.

If true then we sure wouldn't have the walking dead as President now, who shakes hands with ghosts.

Old 07-18-2022, 08:07 AM

7,911 posts, read 3,456,890 times
No it would just be used as a way to filter out politicians who weren't willing to go along with the program.

Old 07-18-2022, 08:12 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,857,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZgarden View Post
Then we could solve many of these problems with people who are running for office and are not qualifed mentally.
So don't hold the ones who vote these big government freeloaders into office? We the people are not holding them accountable.

Old 07-18-2022, 08:12 AM

5,479 posts, read 2,118,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe the Photog View Post
Yes. Collages are important.

Yes! But Maff is importanter!

Old 07-18-2022, 08:24 AM

15,825 posts, read 6,534,658 times
Who will make sure the test is administered fairly? Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Old 07-18-2022, 08:28 AM

18,432 posts, read 8,266,769 times
...is this some plot to get rid of all politicians?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies