Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-15-2022, 12:23 PM

5,728 posts, read 3,249,287 times

Advertisements

Coming to our country soon when the melenias and Gen Z crowd take over.
I've heard from a couple of that crowd that the elderly are a major drain on our society and should
be make to die by a certain age.

Quote:
Originally Posted by berdee View Post
Yep. Slippery slope.
Create laws to:
1. Abort up to delivery.
2. Abort past delivery.
3. Kill off the elderly and the infirm of any age.
4. Create designer children, abort/kill those that aren't perfect.
5. ???.......

Old 07-15-2022, 12:30 PM

23,468 posts, read 12,487,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FKD19124 View Post
I've heard from a couple of that crowd that the elderly are a major drain on our society and should
Yep. I'd seen a few posts here and there in here where they complain about the elderly being a drain. Even one of Biden's* guys (at least I think he's a guy, but who knows with that admin) wants people to die at age 75.

Old 07-15-2022, 12:32 PM

62,872 posts, read 29,103,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
Will see what happens election time. But the kids are convinced- the voice of the People is not being heard.
The voice of certain groups aren't always right and therefore shouldn't be heeded.

Old 07-15-2022, 12:32 PM

29,443 posts, read 14,623,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristinas_Cap View Post
It’s such a ridiculous argument that if you want certain freedoms you must be against any type of law. No one is saying we shouldn’t have any laws so I don’t know where you got that from.

How is it harder for poor communities to vote? Because having voting ID laws makes you think that they’re not able to vote all of a sudden? give me a break. They all have IDs they all have cars they all drive, and they obviously vote.

women have rights. all they have to do is contact their state legislature if they disagree with a certain Law and if enough people put pressure on their legislature, they will change course or you can vote them out. that is how liberty works. that is how a republic works. in a republic you don’t always get your way. I disagree with Republicans on their abortion stance for the record

i also disagree with the republicans stance on gay marriage. I actually disagree with Republicans on a lot of issues however the left has become so unhinged and radicalized that they are a greater threat to liberty and their policies all seem to benefit China and the wealthy elites. no thanks.
Great post, well said, I feel exactly the same.

As far as Republicans/Conservatives and gay marriage, didn't the pope actually endorse same sex marriage ? Seems like that is a moot point now.

Old 07-15-2022, 12:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livinginwaterland View Post
Um, the trans movement and the left is clearly anti women. The best woman of the year they can come up with is a man? Women now have to share restrooms with men calling themselves women? Young ladies now compete with men in sports? Sorry, you have it completely backwards.
You are absolutely correct !

Old 07-15-2022, 12:36 PM

18,976 posts, read 7,004,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil75230 View Post
Apparently, Margaret Atwood's Handmaid's Tale isn't so far fetched after all! At this rate, another five years and this could be a major threat to our democracy, or even representative republic if you prefer that term.

A "Christian" Iran Linked Video (4 min) is what they want. The Ayatollah Khomeni would be proud were these Islamists and not Christian Nationlalists.
I honestly don't care to watch the whole video. Can you show me where any Christian has said that we should mandate Christianity? There is nothing unamerican about wanting to have laws that support our view of society.

Old 07-15-2022, 12:47 PM

2,953 posts, read 992,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FKD19124 View Post
It's hilarious. They will accomplish nothing of the sort. Nature will cull them long before that. As soon as their parents die and the bank kicks them out of the basement on the reverse mortgage coming due they'll be on the street. Pasty and scrawny and without Mom's cell plan they will wander looking in dumpsters for scraps of Starbucks scones. Weakened by years on the couch and an inability to nourish themselves without Grubhub they will eventually be taken down by stray dogs.

Old 07-15-2022, 12:52 PM

9,229 posts, read 8,543,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
Here is the way I see it. One side, while moving further left, is basically keeps pushing the other side further right. No good can come from this. How do we change this ? Our country cannot survive being so divided.

I know there are many out there like myself, some just left of center, others just right of it, that are basically lost because we just don't fit into these extremes. I don't want a "Handmaid's Tale" existence, nor do I like the majority of things the leftists want.
I'm a leftie centrist and completely agree. I believe it is time for centrists to stop ignoring the extreme's and pull both parties back to a rational, orderly path.

Old 07-15-2022, 01:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LookinForMayberry View Post
I'm a leftie centrist and completely agree. I believe it is time for centrists to stop ignoring the extreme's and pull both parties back to a rational, orderly path.
I think it's the opposite. Start ignoring the extreme's of both parties, much like Manchin and Sinema are doing. Stop being afraid of being cancelled, stop giving them the power and stand up for what is right. We've got a SCOTUS that was afraid to answer a question, due to the backlash. When this kind of stuff happens, it isn't a healthy society.

Old 07-15-2022, 01:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
ahhh! So instead of The Handmaidens Tale you would prefer to have Logan's Run? Death at 21 or try to run. Sandman sandman leave my door. Don't come back here anymore. Now I lay me down to pray. Sandman sandman go away. What's wrong with the world is all the fault of the old. So a society was created to ensure nobody got past 21.

A society based entirely on the pleasures one could experience in their short lifetime. Sex drugs copious party hearty dude. Yeah. I have read a book or two. What you seem to be advocating for fits Nowlan's novelette to a T. As a Boomer I rather resent your sentiment. I'm a younger Boomer but still in there and I have no intention of checking out anytime soon.

So I guess you need to notify DS and send out the sandmen with their black uniforms and nifty guns to get er' done. Good luck. Not really but just sayin'...
Lol...I'm sure that 21 year old would have no clue what Logan's Run was.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies