Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-15-2022, 11:03 AM

2,329 posts, read 961,757 times

Advertisements

Seems to be a very bold statement. It wouldn't surprise me if true. US has biolabs and is funding "research" all around world, as we learned in Ukraine.

https://youtu.be/7XdFJfoHQJs?t=173
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2022, 11:06 AM

3,113 posts, read 939,317 times
The only thing was that the first outbreak known was Wuhan. But there is probably some role behind this US lab as well.

I think we will die before knowing the truth.

One thing I’d bet all my savings is that this is no zoonosis!

Old 07-15-2022, 11:39 AM

26,660 posts, read 13,750,169 times
He says that he is pretty convinced that it came out of US Lab Bio Technology.

We know that the NIH funded gain of function research in the Wuhan lab.

Awhile ago there was an interesting video that discussed patents for the virus, the vaccine, etc. and the connections from the NIH to the Wuhan lab.

I think this is the most likely scenario based on everything I’ve read and seen regarding origin.

Old 07-15-2022, 11:55 AM

45,582 posts, read 27,196,139 times
Ralph Baric, UNC

“We never created a supervirus.” Ralph Baric explains gain-of-function research.

Old 07-15-2022, 01:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AfricanSunset View Post
The only thing was that the first outbreak known was Wuhan. But there is probably some role behind this US lab as well.

I think we will die before knowing the truth.

One thing I’d bet all my savings is that this is no zoonosis!
Bolded the keyboard. It could've been circulating elsewhere long before and dismissed as the flu, or a common cold.

Old 07-15-2022, 02:54 PM

2,007 posts, read 866,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesclues5 View Post
Seems to be a very bold statement. It wouldn't surprise me if true. US has biolabs and is funding "research" all around world, as we learned in Ukraine.

It's gotta be true, it's on you.boob! Why let truth get in the way of a good story...did any of you gullible I hate my country conspiracy theorists ever consider that China has been trying to blame the US from the beginning? Did you also know that Sars viruses have originated in China in the past? Get real, would ya?

Old 07-15-2022, 03:16 PM

45,582 posts, read 27,196,139 times
Ralph Baric - UNC
Zhengli Shi - WIV

Inside the risky bat-virus engineering that links America to Wuhan

In 2013, the American virologist Ralph Baric approached Zhengli Shi at a meeting. Baric was a top expert in coronaviruses, with hundreds of papers to his credit, and Shi, along with her team at the Wuhan Institute of Virology, had been discovering them by the fistful in bat caves. In one sample of bat guano, Shi had detected the genome of a new virus, called SHC014, that was one of the two closest relatives to the original SARS virus, but her team had not been able to culture it in the lab.

Baric had developed a way around that problem—a technique for “reverse genetics” in coronaviruses. Not only did it allow him to bring an actual virus to life from its genetic code, but he could mix and match parts of multiple viruses. He wanted to take the “spike” gene from SHC014 and move it into a genetic copy of the SARS virus he already had in his lab. The spike molecule is what lets a coronavirus open a cell and get inside it. The resulting chimera would demonstrate whether the spike of SHC014 would attach to human cells.

While Baric’s study was in progress, the National Institutes of Health announced that it would temporarily halt funding for “gain of function” research

In a potentially fateful decision, it funded work similar to Baric’s at the Wuhan Institute of Virology, which soon used its own reverse-genetics technology to make numerous coronavirus chimeras.

Unnoticed by most, however, was a key difference that significantly shifted the risk calculation. The Chinese work was carried out at biosafety level 2 (BSL-2), a much lower tier than Baric’s BSL-3+.

In other words, we gave them the technology and the funding to do gain of function research in China to avoid the ban in the U.S.

Feel free to read the rest. This is an article from MIT... as is the one above.

Last edited by DRob4JC; 07-15-2022 at 03:33 PM..

Old 07-15-2022, 04:19 PM

2,953 posts, read 993,487 times
Quote:

The more I connect the bots, I mean dots, the clearer your message becomes.

Old 07-16-2022, 12:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wee-Bey View Post
The more I connect the bots, I mean dots, the clearer your message becomes.
So you are accusing me of being Jeffrey Sachs? Or you're saying Jeffrey Sachs is a bot?

Old 07-16-2022, 12:33 PM

17,797 posts, read 13,698,337 times
Quote:
Bolded the keyboard. It could've been circulating elsewhere long before and dismissed as the flu, or a common cold.
What is hilarious is that the right wingers on here accusing Gain of Function research activities fail to mention or fail to realize that the Trump administration lifted a moratorium in late 2017 that the Obama administration had enacted in 2014.

So if indeed COVID happened due to US GOF research...

It happened under Trump's watch and it happened due to Trump's policy decisions.

There is no doubt in my mind that had a Democrat been president under these circumstances that righties would have blamed them for COVID. Somehow Trump gets a pass. I suppose he wasn't in charge of NIH when he was Prez. Go figure.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies