Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-16-2022, 05:57 PM

8,806 posts, read 6,110,985 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ansible90 View Post
What lifetime of guilt are you talking about? Maybe for you. But everyone is not you.
Anyone who says they’re not feeling ashamed or guilty about murdering an innocent is either lying or in denial. I’ve never done it so I wouldn’t personally know. There’s a reason counselors exist for post-abortion work.

Old 07-16-2022, 05:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
It's not just about horror stories affecting women that may give Republicans backlash at the polls in Nov. It's feared that Oklahoma’s new anti-abortion laws will harm the state’s economic development, as companies concerned about legislative interference in business decisions and fearful of lawsuits will think twice about coming. Yet, Oklahoma Republicans simply shrug off such concerns, saying that if there’s an economic price to pay for protecting unborn life, Oklahomans are willing to pay it. But a poll taken in Dec. of 500 registered Oklahoma voters, showed only 31% would support a total ban on abortion if the U.S. Supreme Court overturned Roe v. Wade.

Many Oklahomans now wonder if Oklahoma's new anti-abortion laws had anything with it losing Panasonic's new battery plant to employ up to 4,000 people. Other states, such as Texas, with highly prohibitive, third world like anti-abortion laws should worry about economic losses as well.

State laws on abortion, transgender issues have companies balking on coming to Oklahoma, development official says: https://tulsaworld.com/news/local/st...7ba3a8b66.html
I don’t see how this makes any sense. Businesses aren’t affected by social types of laws like this.

Old 07-16-2022, 06:00 PM

50,374 posts, read 63,977,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
i don't believe any report that a hospital would refuse ectopic pregnancy termination. that is standard of care.
I agree. This is total bs.

Old 07-16-2022, 06:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post
I agree, that appears to be the gist of what’s happening.

I don’t know if it’s because they don’t understand it as much as are erring on the side of caution, to avoid possible suit.

In one of the reports I posted, there are direct quotes from maternal health providers that state there is confusion over aspects of the law, such as whether they need to wait until foetal heartbeat has ceased before performing an extraction of the foetus if the membrane has ruptured prematurely.

There’s also reports here that nurses and anaesthesiologists are refusing to assist for fear of aiding and abetting.

And this is since the 6 week ban went into effect, it’s only going to get worse once the full ban goes into effect.

I know people are going to be sceptical about the source. But when you threaten to prosecute medical personnel, what do people think is going to happen?

https://sites.utexas.edu/txpep/files...ortionBans.pdf
Why is PPROM being mentioned so much? They put you on bed rest (inpatient) and pray for the best…fluids are constantly being made and reabsorbed, so while a leak can be bad, it’s not always, and it’s not something to abort over.

Last edited by andrea3821; 07-16-2022 at 06:04 PM.. Reason: Clarification

Old 07-16-2022, 06:03 PM

32,816 posts, read 19,483,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ansible90 View Post
What lifetime of guilt are you talking about? Maybe for you. But everyone is not you.
and there you have it folks... liberals never feel guilt about anything, more proof that liberalism is a mental disease

Old 07-16-2022, 06:03 PM

8,609 posts, read 2,308,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
The Washington Post was the news outlet that originally questioned the Ohio/Indiana story, not Fox.

I mean, they had their fact-checker on it, who used some big fancy words to say "well, it's been accepted as truth even if there's no evidence yet"

Old 07-16-2022, 06:04 PM

11,474 posts, read 5,995,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrea3821 View Post
Anyone who says they’re not feeling ashamed or guilty about murdering an innocent is either lying or in denial. I’ve never done it so I wouldn’t personally know. There’s a reason counselors exist for post-abortion work.
Many many women later regret having abortions and come to accept they killed a baby and are racked with guilt.

I think today there is a large percentage of young ladies who are actually convinced that aborting a child is about like getting a liposuction. It is just removing spiritless matter. No big deal. There is a huge industry with support system designed to brainwash young ladies to believe this, and I think a fairly large minority of women truly come to believe this and never regret an abortion or feel any guilt.

Honest research would be telling but the sides are so polarized, I don't feel I could trust any result of a poll or a research paper today to be unbiased. That would be telling.

We do know that huge numbers of older women come to feel horrible guilt over aborting their babies in their past and really come to regret it later on. They get a job, husband, home, and kids. Everything is going find and they love their children and start to wonder what that aborted baby would have been like as another of their children, and it kills them. Then they come to admit, "I killed a child".

I feel very sorry for them at that point. It is a horrible burden to bear, and for the rest of your life.

Old 07-16-2022, 06:07 PM

14,267 posts, read 6,956,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrea3821 View Post
As I said before, everyone is not you. What you IMAGINE in your mind as to a woman's view on having an abortion is only in YOUR MIND. The shame and guilt is what you imagine you would feel. Don't try to put that on others.

Old 07-16-2022, 06:10 PM

32,816 posts, read 19,483,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Igor Blevin View Post
Texas House OKs distinction of ectopic surgery vs. abortion
May 11, 2017

AUSTIN, Texas (AP) — The Texas House has approved a bill removing ectopic pregnancy surgery from the state definition of abortion.

Corsicana Republican Rep. Byron Cook’s measure was approved 95-44 on Thursday. It differentiates between that procedure and abortions.

It’s backed by many anti-abortion groups, which see such surgeries as medical procedures to help the mother rather than terminating pregnancies.

https://apnews.com/article/5077e14b5...4bd077685277ec
yep pass by a 70% margin... back in MAY

yet the OP is posting some garbage about alleged report, speculating what may happen here on 15 july... 2 months after the Texas government made sure that females in medical danger were protected

end thread with Igor's post

Old 07-16-2022, 06:13 PM

14,267 posts, read 6,956,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
and there you have it folks... liberals never feel guilt about anything, more proof that liberalism is a mental disease
Are you going to insist that everyone else has to think as you do on everything? Different people feel differently about a lot of things. Yes, we are all different.

Glad I'm not you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies