Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-16-2022, 12:31 PM

437 posts, read 187,726 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOldPuss View Post
Ectopic pregnancies are potentially life threatening, and termination of the pregnancy would fall under the category of saving the mother's life. I highly doubt that, given the gravity of such a condition, that prosecution would take place of either the mother or doctor.

Ending an ectopic pregnancy is not an abortion.

https://www.liveaction.org/news/get-...-not-abortion/

Old 07-16-2022, 12:45 PM

10,032 posts, read 9,509,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northeasterner1970 View Post
https://apnews.com/article/abortion-...8837d394199033

I don’t know why people are undermining the issue. These new abortion laws are causing a medical care crises throughout the country.

It doesn’t matter that these laws often have provisions for protecting the life of the mother because how do you actually decide if the life of the mother is in danger?

What a doctor thinks is a medically necessary isn’t exactly what a county prosecutor would think is medically necessary so often times these hospitals are now being forced to allow women to start actively dying before doing anything even though them dying was the end result as pointed out in the above article.

People are denying this right now just like they denied and lied about the 10 year old being told by the state of Ohio to keep her baby. I heard over and over again when that story broke that it was all a Democrat plot and the girl probably didn’t exist. And everything about that story was pretty much true and the man who committed the heinous act was arrested. I also fail to follow the conservative logic concerning the arrest of the child predator and how the doctor who brought her to indiana should be prosecuted for failing to report abuse. It’s fairly unclear what exactly was reported the guy who did this is in jail right now so it was reported in some capacity but beyond all of that she was still pregnant despite the person being arrested. She still needed an abortion.

If a judge is willing to tell a 10 year old girl to go through the trauma and pain of childbirth, you can bet there are people in the justice systems of these anti-choice states that are willing to prosecute doctors for medically necessary care because it didn’t fit that prosecutors idea of what is medically necessary or not.
First, there is standard of care in every field of medicine. Obviously a qualified physician can make that call. Same way there is standard protocol for declaring a patient is brain dead.

Second, a prosecutor is not a doctor and would have to prove their case backed up by medical expert witnesses.

Old 07-16-2022, 12:47 PM

8,241 posts, read 3,495,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrea3821 View Post
Losing one tube does not make one infertile. I can’t comment on the rest of the situation without details that I doubt you are privy to.
She never said what happened to the other one. After that happened she just said that she could not have kids anymore. I never asked what happened to the other one.

Old 07-16-2022, 02:55 PM

8,806 posts, read 6,112,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northeasterner1970 View Post
https://apnews.com/article/abortion-...8837d394199033

I don’t know why people are undermining the issue. These new abortion laws are causing a medical care crises throughout the country.

It doesn’t matter that these laws often have provisions for protecting the life of the mother because how do you actually decide if the life of the mother is in danger?

What a doctor thinks is a medically necessary isn’t exactly what a county prosecutor would think is medically necessary so often times these hospitals are now being forced to allow women to start actively dying before doing anything even though them dying was the end result as pointed out in the above article.

People are denying this right now just like they denied and lied about the 10 year old being told by the state of Ohio to keep her baby. I heard over and over again when that story broke that it was all a Democrat plot and the girl probably didn’t exist. And everything about that story was pretty much true and the man who committed the heinous act was arrested. I also fail to follow the conservative logic concerning the arrest of the child predator and how the doctor who brought her to indiana should be prosecuted for failing to report abuse. It’s fairly unclear what exactly was reported the guy who did this is in jail right now so it was reported in some capacity but beyond all of that she was still pregnant despite the person being arrested. She still needed an abortion.

If a judge is willing to tell a 10 year old girl to go through the trauma and pain of childbirth, you can bet there are people in the justice systems of these anti-choice states that are willing to prosecute doctors for medically necessary care because it didn’t fit that prosecutors idea of what is medically necessary or not.
Trauma and pain of childbirth? You think that’s worse than the lifetime of knowing one murdered the child within? I realize this is subjective but one lasts a day at most (plus a little recovery time - arguably similar to the physical effects of an abortion depending upon gestational age) and the other is for a lifetime of guilt. Why is this always diminished?

Old 07-16-2022, 03:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VLWH View Post
First, there is standard of care in every field of medicine. Obviously a qualified physician can make that call. Same way there is standard protocol for declaring a patient is brain dead.

Second, a prosecutor is not a doctor and would have to prove their case backed up by medical expert witnesses.
I gotta disagree re: “brain death” as there is no real way of determining this, not to mention the sheer amount of money involved in organ transplantation.

But I agree that this whole scenario is so overblown and ridiculous. Ectopic pregnancies have no subjectivity; the baby is either within the uterus where it should be or it’s not. Ectopics are not limited just to the tubes like most people are saying, although that is the most common location. All are dangerous and not viable and everyone involved knows this.

Old 07-16-2022, 03:00 PM

14,267 posts, read 6,958,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony_Soprano View Post
Ending an ectopic pregnancy is not an abortion.

https://www.liveaction.org/news/get-...-not-abortion/
Correct. Ending ectopic pregnancy is not an abortion.

But all judges and state law makers and lawyers and even some hospital administrators don't know that. That is the problem.

Old 07-16-2022, 03:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ansible90 View Post
Correct. Ending ectopic pregnancy is not an abortion.

But all judges and state law makers and lawyers and even some hospital administrators don't know that. That is the problem.
You have no proof of that, and all this nonsense in the media will ensure that they do know it in the future.

Old 07-16-2022, 03:03 PM

14,267 posts, read 6,958,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrea3821 View Post
Trauma and pain of childbirth? You think that’s worse than the lifetime of knowing one murdered the child within? I realize this is subjective but one lasts a day at most (plus a little recovery time - arguably similar to the physical effects of an abortion depending upon gestational age) and the other is for a lifetime of guilt. Why is this always diminished?
What lifetime of guilt are you talking about? Maybe for you. But everyone is not you.

Old 07-16-2022, 03:04 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,641,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
I doubt that. The recent Monmouth poll found that 62% of Americans support partial to total restrictions on abortion. That's nearly 2/3 of Americans. And that's exactly what states are doing: partial to nearly total (there are ALWAYS exceptions allowed) restrictions on abortions.

Interestingly, about 2/3 of women with unintended pregnancies DON'T abort. They carry the pregnancy to term. That aligns with what the Monmouth poll found on Americans' opinions on abortion.

Regardless of the pro-abortion cult's hysterical rantings , what that Monmouth poll tells us is that this is going to be a nonissue compared to the Dems' skyrocketing inflation and violent crime rates. ALL 50 states' abortion laws fall in line with the 62% of Americans who favor partial to total restrictions on abortion.
It's not just about horror stories affecting women that may give Republicans backlash at the polls in Nov. It's feared that Oklahoma’s new anti-abortion laws will harm the state’s economic development, as companies concerned about legislative interference in business decisions and fearful of lawsuits will think twice about coming. Yet, Oklahoma Republicans simply shrug off such concerns, saying that if there’s an economic price to pay for protecting unborn life, Oklahomans are willing to pay it. But a poll taken in Dec. of 500 registered Oklahoma voters, showed only 31% would support a total ban on abortion if the U.S. Supreme Court overturned Roe v. Wade.

Many Oklahomans now wonder if Oklahoma's new anti-abortion laws had anything with it losing Panasonic's new battery plant to employ up to 4,000 people. Other states, such as Texas, with highly prohibitive, third world like anti-abortion laws should worry about economic losses as well.

State laws on abortion, transgender issues have companies balking on coming to Oklahoma, development official says: https://tulsaworld.com/news/local/st...7ba3a8b66.html

Last edited by StillwaterTownie; 07-16-2022 at 03:57 PM..

Old 07-16-2022, 03:04 PM

11,483 posts, read 6,002,443 times
Article at OP's link conveniently omits any names or details whereby we can attempt to confirm or overrule the articles claim. They make a wild assertion and expect us to believe it without any facts or details by which to obtain more information.

As such, I choose to believe the article is lying about the actual situation in Texas. Since there are no details, nobody can prove me wrong.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies