Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-20-2022, 02:32 PM

7,356 posts, read 3,527,265 times

Advertisements

somehow i doubt planting more trees which is a realistic and tangible science proven way to offset deadly climate changing carbon levels will be part of the plan.

much easier to destroy our energy, food, economy because after all, agriculture and my gas stove is the biggest threat to the climate
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2022, 03:08 PM

9,419 posts, read 11,166,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
Bwahahahahahha.

Remember how Trump declared a emergency to pull money into the wall?

We learned it from watching you.
And what would you call the "border" now?

Old 07-20-2022, 03:18 PM

1,212 posts, read 733,035 times
He said that there is a climate emergency but he didn't declare an emergency.

Wind-power leases are going to be expanded but with no mention of the West Coast. More like Gulf to NC.

And air-conditioning is going to be provided to low-income residents. Well, FEMA is emergency action.

Now it is possible for a person to die sitting in their summertime house. I have seen screen-tents set-up in backyards and under shade trees

Old 07-20-2022, 07:53 PM

3,594 posts, read 1,793,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T Block View Post
He said that there is a climate emergency but he didn't declare an emergency.

Wind-power leases are going to be expanded but with no mention of the West Coast. More like Gulf to NC.

And air-conditioning is going to be provided to low-income residents. Well, FEMA is emergency action.

Now it is possible for a person to die sitting in their summertime house. I have seen screen-tents set-up in backyards and under shade trees
The federal government is going to pay for people’s air conditioning? AC is a total luxury most of the world lives without it.

Old 07-22-2022, 04:01 AM
Status: "Moldy Tater Gangrene, even before Moscow Marge." (set 1 day ago)

5,790 posts, read 3,599,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zach_33 View Post
Well, at least there is one person on this thread who appears to have credible knowledge of environmental science. Good luck explaining the sixth extinction to people who think Alex Jones is a prophet.
Thanks, I'm humbled.

As for Jones, I can't tell. Is he a prophet or a grifter profit?

Old 07-22-2022, 05:00 AM

15,946 posts, read 12,287,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristinas_Cap View Post
somehow i doubt planting more trees which is a realistic and tangible science proven way to offset deadly climate changing carbon levels will be part of the plan.

much easier to destroy our energy, food, economy because after all, agriculture and my gas stove is the biggest threat to the climate
I'm glad somebody said it. China at least realizes deforestation is the real problem, and has been on a massive replanting project to try to prevent desertification.

Interesting enough there's also evidence livestock grazing prevents desertification, and all the private ownership of land restricting the free movement of grazing herds along with humans killing off what used to be billions of free grazing animals roaming the planet's grasslands may be contributing to it.

https://ourworld.unu.edu/en/reversin...with-livestock

https://www.downtoearth.org.in/blog/...he-dogma-66511

So you see, increasing carbon emissions are the least of our problems... a smokescreen covering the real problem we face...desertification caused by deforestation and lack of grazing animals in semi-arid grassland areas. Those are two things the left could actually try to practically fix rather than silly authoritarian measures trying to ban lawn mowers or ICE vehicles.

Last edited by sholomar; 07-22-2022 at 05:14 AM..

Old 07-22-2022, 05:44 AM

22,661 posts, read 24,594,911 times
The climate-emergency concept has traction with a large percentage of the US population......so it will influence energy-usage in the USA.

Coal usage will be largely phased-out........the million of tons of proven coal-reserves in the US
will sit there. Even clean-coal, nope, not good enough for the Greenies.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies