Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-19-2022, 10:27 AM

45,582 posts, read 27,187,569 times

Advertisements

Good. Don't let it happen again.

DHS shuts down controversial Disinformation Governance Board

The Department of Homeland Security has shut down the controversial Disinformation Governance Board after massive blowback from the public.

DHS announced the creation of the disinformation board in April in order to "coordinate countering misinformation related to homeland security, focused specifically on irregular migration and Russia."

After months of outcry and criticism, the board was quietly shut down on Monday.

Lesson: The public can still run things and tell government what to do - especially when we are unified.

DHS: Disinformation Best Practices and Safeguards Subcommittee | Final Interim Recommendation
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2022, 11:49 AM

25,732 posts, read 18,809,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Lesson: The public can still run things and tell government what to do - especially when we are unified.
Yeah. It's a start. But I think the public is going to have to grow much larger boulders if they really want to stop this Evil Empire en embryo. The authoritarian collectivists are relentless, and it will take some very uncomfortable decisions being made to stop them.

Old 07-19-2022, 12:03 PM

24,490 posts, read 17,226,594 times
I guess the Dems realized that every time they pointed at an example of Disinformation they had 3 fingers that were pointing back at themselves.

It's not a good image when You are the problem and worse when the People start waking up to that fact.

Old 07-19-2022, 12:05 PM

43,094 posts, read 18,259,632 times
I don't believe it for one second that it got "shut down".
I think they were just gauging public opinion and it seems we're not ready for this to be openly talked about.
But no doubt...I think it's operational but not public.

Just like them telling us our data is private all the while the NSA was getting our data from the corporates on a monthly basis...Snowden showed us that.

Old 07-19-2022, 12:08 PM

6,385 posts, read 2,707,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSRetired View Post
I don't believe it for one second that it got "shut down".
You beat me to it...

I doubt it's been shut down, it's probably just moved "underground".

Remember this is called the "Disinformation" Governance Board. What better disinformation than to say you aren't actually operational when in fact you are.

Old 07-19-2022, 12:10 PM

43,094 posts, read 18,259,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankNSense View Post
You beat me to it...

I doubt it's been shut down, it's probably just moved "underground".

Remember this is called the "Disinformation" Governance Board. What better disinformation than to say you aren't actually operational when in fact you are.
Spot on my friend.....the height of disinformation

Old 07-19-2022, 01:12 PM

9,870 posts, read 4,641,933 times
On one hand good ridance. But...

But it's former head-Mary Poppins is whinning/crying in public about how it was falsely portrayed. So a professional bureaucrat who ran dis info campaigns in other countries is complaining/fighting for it's existence while DHS casually says it's not needed. Good cop Bad cop. Were are talking disinfo after all.

Old 07-20-2022, 04:04 AM

19,803 posts, read 9,357,559 times
This is excellent news, although I would be willing to bet that there will be a different version under a different name popping up in less than a year. MOST people, I think, just don't care.

Old 07-20-2022, 04:10 AM

24,627 posts, read 9,454,674 times
I guess having an office of censorship was only a good idea in their head.

Old 07-20-2022, 04:22 AM

51,652 posts, read 25,813,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katharsis View Post
This is excellent news, although I would be willing to bet that there will be a different version under a different name popping up in less than a year. MOST people, I think, just don't care.
I don't know if it is most people, but there are a lot of people who don't care if things are true or not.

There are still a sizable number of people who still believe the lie that Obama was born in Kenya.

Lot of people still believe the election was stolen via election fraud. Despite not one bit of credible evidence of election fraud was presented in court, despite everyone from Trump's Attorney General Barr on stating quite clearly the election was not stolen.

No one. Absolutely no has presented any credible evidence, Kraken or otherwise, that there was any election fraud sufficient to change the outcome.

Yet people still insist it was stolen.

Perhaps we should open a Dept. of Lies, because that's exactly what is going on, and it's tearing our country apart.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies