Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-20-2022, 03:56 PM

15,398 posts, read 7,464,179 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrie22 View Post
they need to get together and sue the life out of whoever is responsible for enforcing the laws....and sue them personally

....drag their crooked butts through every court in this country.....break them
There's no legal basis for such a suit. The Supreme Court ruled years ago that law enforcement is under no obligation to protect anyone.

Being sued is no big deal. I used to think it was, but my lawyer friends explained things to me, and I am no longer afraid.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2022, 04:26 PM

12,031 posts, read 6,561,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Those families need to get a megaphone, go over to the mayors house and start protesting them (making sure to have a news crew present) and watch how fast the police show up to clear them out.

Then pop that on the evening news.
Agree.
Also extremely high intensity strobe lights aimed at them — the kind that give you really bad headaches.

Old 07-20-2022, 04:32 PM

2,868 posts, read 1,148,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjshae View Post
Time to find a gated community.
Unfortunately, that may slow down, but won't stop the radical, militant "activists" - gates and locks only keep the honest people out.
It is disgusting that this is occurring, and absolutely a dereliction of duty on the part of Garland to refuse to have these protesters arrested and charged.

Old 07-20-2022, 07:16 PM

78,339 posts, read 60,527,398 times
So if someone shipped in a bunch of right wingers one night to beat the crap out of the protesters and the local government refused to prosecute or enforce the laws would that be ok?

Just holding up the *ugly* mirror to some of our forum members that want laws enforced that they like...and well...if it helps them then a blind eye.

This is wrong folks and hurts everyone.

P.S. There are so many clever ways to end this BS stop abusing the guys neighbors after a decision has already been made. In a week if this continues, I'll start sharing ideas that the right has not thought of yet. Really simple ways to end this.

Old 07-20-2022, 07:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainrose View Post
Agree.
Also extremely high intensity strobe lights aimed at them — the kind that give you really bad headaches.
Oh, you miss the point of how to destroy annoying illegal protesters that your local government won't crack down on because they like the politics of it.

Oh no, you don't attack them. You JOIN them.

Old 07-20-2022, 07:40 PM

Neighbors need to start buying surgical tubing and emptying pepper spray canisters into balloons.

It was dark, it came from above. LMAO.

P.S. I'm not even against abortion. I just don't like bullies and fascists and politicians ignoring the law at their whim.

Old 07-20-2022, 07:42 PM

21,461 posts, read 10,562,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Those families need to get a megaphone, go over to the mayors house and start protesting them (making sure to have a news crew present) and watch how fast the police show up to clear them out.

Then pop that on the evening news.
This is a great idea. Go to Merrick Garland’s house and protest, and dare the president to protect him over the Supreme Court justices. This isn’t the United States of the Democrat Party. We all live here and deserve equal protection under the law. I’m sick of them getting away with this stuff.

Old 07-20-2022, 08:20 PM

25,690 posts, read 18,773,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
Kavanaugh neighbors say protesters are targeting residents, calling them Karens and fascists
Think of the most offensive language you can come up with and call the "protestors" those words right back. And then when they go ballistic and start assaulting you, self-defend ten times as hard.

Old 07-20-2022, 08:28 PM

18,158 posts, read 15,616,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bus man View Post
When I was a child in the 1970s, I lived just three houses down from a United States Senator, a Republican. We never, not once, had anything like this happen on our street. Even liberal activist Democrats wouldn't stoop to such disgusting behavior back then.
This is why I don't use the term "liberal" to describe this current type of leftist communist moron that pervades the Democratic party. "Liberals" as I remember back in the day there was a possibility (however remote) of finding common ground with and discussing/debating things in a civil discourse without seeing them melt down, foam at the mouth and shriek unintelligible gibberish in response to a valid point and then declare victory.

This new breed by whatever term they favor (progressive, social Democrat, et al) are a breed all their own. Megalomania, self grandeur, arrogance ,narcissism, and a host of other mental conditions are all mixed up in this festering pustule that may once have resembled a human form until it was fully indoctrinated at UC Berserkely. It was hopeless from there.

The liberals I remember back in the day I might have seen as a bit nuts but nothing like what dominates the Democratic party now. I didn't consider those old school libs to be my enemies. Not for the most part. There were a few. But those few have become the dominant strain of the disease infecting our country today.

Old 07-20-2022, 08:29 PM

8,118 posts, read 3,663,787 times
Being protected from protests (among some other things, lol) is not in the Constitution so that's tough.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies