Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-21-2022, 05:10 PM

10,120 posts, read 7,781,735 times

Advertisements

Has anyone ever asked you to call them a special pronoun? Have you seen a pregnant man? Have you seen a man chest feed?

Is your job WOKE and certain things are required of you now? Are certain words off limits now?

I'm sorry but if anyone asks me to start calling them a certain crazy pronoun, I'm walking away from the crazy. I'm not feeding it.

I'm just curious how bad the WOKEness is in your area.

Last edited by diddlydudette; 07-21-2022 at 05:19 PM..

Old 07-21-2022, 05:13 PM

26,660 posts, read 13,759,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by diddlydudette View Post
Has anyone ever asked you to call them a special pronoun? Have you seen a pregnant man? Have you seen a man chest feed?

Is your job WOKE and certain things are required of you now? Are certain words off limits now?

I'm sorry but if anyone asks me to start calling them a certain crazy pronoun, I'm walking away from the crazy. I'm not feeding it.

I'm just curious how bad the WOKEness is in your area.
I have been asked to use they/them pronouns with two people. One was a child and the mother asked me to use they/them. The other was an adult.

My kids have been more subjected to this than I have at school with transgender classmates and non binary classmates.

I have experienced a man who claimed to be a woman in the women’s restroom. Women were genuinely afraid of him because he was crazy but no one was allowed to tell him that he could not be there.

Last edited by MissTerri; 07-21-2022 at 05:51 PM..

Old 07-21-2022, 05:23 PM

1,153 posts, read 631,855 times
Aside from hearing some weird arguments centering around politics, not really.

On a daily basis, politics honestly isn't even a major factor. At my job, we'll sometimes discuss current events on our breaks but it never gets too polarizing or political.

Also, the pronoun thing is mainly a Gen Z thing, particularly with women and the LGBTQ. I literally have no met a single adult past the age of 25 who unironically tries to identify with the she/he/them thing.

Old 07-21-2022, 05:24 PM

18,420 posts, read 19,036,217 times
I know a lot of women who would have no trouble at all telling someone acting strange in the woman’s room leave.

I would have no trouble addressing anyone with how they want to be addressed, not a big deal at all.

Old 07-21-2022, 05:25 PM

19,817 posts, read 9,381,719 times
It honestly has not affected anything but my outlook for the future and also, to some degree, my mental health. Knowing that people are seriously promoting such ridiculous notions as that a man can get pregnant and that children should be able to choose their sex/gender has made me seriously depressed. (And, no, I am not joking; I am actually depressed over the state of the U.S. right now.)

Old 07-21-2022, 05:26 PM

29,835 posts, read 24,927,606 times
I think we were all effected by this...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lb6OpRfyLFo

Most just chuckled and shared it with their friends on social media. Democrats are good at providing entertainment.

Old 07-21-2022, 05:27 PM

26,660 posts, read 13,759,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
I know a lot of women who would have no trouble at all telling someone acting strange in the woman’s room leave.

I would have no trouble addressing anyone with how they want to be addressed, not a big deal at all.
I highly doubt it. If you were there you would see my point.

Keep in mind that no one can ask a man to leave even if he’s acting crazy because he identifies as a woman and is allowed to be in the ladies room by law in many places already. Even if you had the courage to confront him (you would crazy to do so) there would be no point because he claims to be a women hence is allowed to be in the ladies room.

Old 07-21-2022, 05:28 PM

19,817 posts, read 9,381,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andywire View Post
I think we were all effected by this...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lb6OpRfyLFo

Most just chuckled and shared it with their friends on social media. Democrats are good at providing entertainment.
That was the most masculine ma'am that I have ever seen. And that was not very ladylike language. Maybe he should go to charm school.

Old 07-21-2022, 05:28 PM

10,120 posts, read 7,781,735 times
TV commercials and some shows are now very WOKE. I always listen to podcasts at night to help me sleep. A lot of them have become WOKE and I just can't listen to them now. It turns my stomach.

Old 07-21-2022, 05:30 PM

5,946 posts, read 2,767,035 times
Directly no, or not yet. Indirectly yes.

Shows are cancelled. Books are cancelled. Comedians are cancelled. Artists are cancelled. When did the left become against artistic expression? WTH?
We also have to put up with BS protests about BS things. Protesters tend to block roads and public parks and squares.

I feel my first amendment rights are under attack by this Woke Clown World we're stuck in. If you say something that is anti-Woke, you run the risk of being cancelled. The Woke crowd are the real fascists and they're out in the open now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies