Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-22-2022, 06:04 AM

45,226 posts, read 26,443,162 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
I guarantee you that people car about climate change, it just has to be phrased where they understand it

Talk to Someone along the gulf coast about flood zones and wind insurance, a fisher about Red Tides, and jubilees , spat, brackish water retreat.

Conservative people understand climate change, and even want politicians to do something about it. They just dont want it to affect them negatively.

the conditions and facts need to be to manipulated in such a way that the rubes will get on board with the scheme.
This is one of the basic operating principles of the progressive left
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2022, 07:20 AM

5,632 posts, read 1,768,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ukrkoz View Post
No, don't take me wrong. I read your post and get the sarcasm. I get it. It's just when idle eye skims over posts titles, all it registers is

Climate change is #1 problem in America today!

Exclamation mark and bold font. It's called subliminal message. You, basically, propagated that idea with such title.
Understood. I knew you got it. I was referring to others. I agree with your assessment, which is why I wrote it the way I did.

Old 07-22-2022, 08:47 AM

19,721 posts, read 10,124,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gemstone1 View Post
It's the right leaning scotus and the gop that are out of touch with the majority....just look at the religious makeup of the court....66% catholic....while the country as a whole is only 22% catholic Look at the Roe v Wade decision...the majority of the US population supports abortion. The majority of the US population want stiffer gun control legislation. Both stopped or ended, thanks to the right.

The majority of the US population is being controlled by the radical evangelical preaching (not practicing) minority....which today controls the gop.
There is that little thing called the Constitution.

Old 07-22-2022, 11:41 AM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 23 days ago)

29,555 posts, read 16,542,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
the conditions and facts need to be to manipulated in such a way that the rubes will get on board with the scheme.
This is one of the basic operating principles of the progressive left
in my post I gave multiple examples , if you choose to ignore them and say you disagree thats fine, but that is in no way manipulation on my part or anyone else to simply point out how something affects you.

I live on the Alabama gulf coast. BP oil spill, Gulf dead zone growth/fish die off, then hurricane Sandy/Zeta woke a lot of people up. Climate change affects people whether they believe in it or not.

Old 07-22-2022, 12:03 PM

20,459 posts, read 12,381,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
Meanwhile dumb**** just committed $Billions via executive fiat. What a disaster this clown is.
... and all of the money committed are to stupid ideas that the SCIENCE has already told us wont work.

Old 07-22-2022, 12:07 PM

20,459 posts, read 12,381,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
I guarantee you that people car about climate change, it just has to be phrased where they understand it

Talk to Someone along the gulf coast about flood zones and wind insurance, a fisher about Red Tides, and jubilees , spat, brackish water retreat.

Conservative people understand climate change, and even want politicians to do something about it. They just dont want it to affect them negatively.
when the world is falling apart, you fix whats broke. you dont spin your wheels on bad policy that does nothing.

the monsters pulling demntia joe's strings are focused on dumb stuff while the world goes to hell in a handbasket.

NOT ONE THING in the current Admin's Climate Agenda will work. and ALL of it has already proven to be scientifically useless.

WE cannot "battery car" our way to climate health.
Solar and wind will not power the globe.
Solar and wind are poor choices that are VERY DIRTY technologies.
Making energy expensive KILLS POOR PEOPLE.

100% of the things the left has articulated as solutions have verifiably and scientifically incapable of doing what they say they will do.

WE DONT TRUST THE IDIOTS BECAUSE THEY KEEP DOING THE WRONG THINGS

Old 07-22-2022, 09:47 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 23 days ago)

29,555 posts, read 16,542,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
when the world is falling apart, you fix whats broke. you dont spin your wheels on bad policy that does nothing.

the monsters pulling demntia joe's strings are focused on dumb stuff while the world goes to hell in a handbasket.

NOT ONE THING in the current Admin's Climate Agenda will work. and ALL of it has already proven to be scientifically useless.

WE cannot "battery car" our way to climate health.
Solar and wind will not power the globe.
Solar and wind are poor choices that are VERY DIRTY technologies.
Making energy expensive KILLS POOR PEOPLE.

100% of the things the left has articulated as solutions have verifiably and scientifically incapable of doing what they say they will do.

WE DONT TRUST THE IDIOTS BECAUSE THEY KEEP DOING THE WRONG THINGS
what makes wind or solar "dirty" ?

Solar and wind can not power the entire globe, but they can help.

and everything is expensive until it isnt. Most homes can own a computer today, that wasnt true just 20 years ago.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies