Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-23-2022, 06:12 PM

7,503 posts, read 5,753,469 times

Advertisements

It will all come out eventually that this was all a lie.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/fau...ab-leak-theory
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2022, 08:30 AM

9,881 posts, read 4,650,430 times
He's full of crap and knew it. The so called health care/medical/science crew he has/had in there also knew it.

Dr Birx aka scarf lady admitted to some lies including the effectiveness of the vaxxes and the virus probably came from a lab say 'it came out of a box ready to go'

https://newswwc.com/world/united-kin...ady-to-infect/

https://www.clarkcountytoday.com/new...vid-infection/

These are the lies they want the public to know probably because they are trying to get out in front of future revelations. It's not to illuminate.

Old 07-26-2022, 10:13 AM

8,419 posts, read 4,578,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anononcty View Post
He's full of crap and knew it. The so called health care/medical/science crew he has/had in there also knew it.

Dr Birx aka scarf lady admitted to some lies including the effectiveness of the vaxxes and the virus probably came from a lab say 'it came out of a box ready to go'

https://newswwc.com/world/united-kin...ady-to-infect/

https://www.clarkcountytoday.com/new...vid-infection/

These are the lies they want the public to know probably because they are trying to get out in front of future revelations. It's not to illuminate.

Correct, the revision of history has to start somewhere. I give it a week and the vaxers here will say everyone knew the vax doesn't work and actually makes you more unacceptable to infection. Duh...

Old 07-26-2022, 10:18 AM

445 posts, read 220,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoonose View Post
So far the benefits outweigh the risks. That may change moving forward, but in real time medicine we generally use our current best bets and efforts.
Based on what data for vaccinated persons? Anecdotal? Pfizer's clinical trials included ZERO vaccinated persons, yet FDA approved for vaccinated persons. The clinical trials were limited to those not vaccinated, and at least one high risk health condition. And, only 2,100 trial participants. Yet, it's being given out like opiods or m&m's on Halloween. Wait, I see. It's $500 per dose. Ah, now I understand why it was approved and recommended with scant data.

Public trust in these health institutions has been decimated. When a more serious crisis emerges that will necessitate public trust, they won't have it.

Old 07-26-2022, 10:28 AM

78,421 posts, read 60,613,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clutchcargo777 View Post
Correct, the revision of history has to start somewhere. I give it a week and the vaxers here will say everyone knew the vax doesn't work and actually makes you more unacceptable to infection. Duh...
Lol.

So you're taking people that knew that the vaccine was meant to lessen symptoms (you could still have it and be a carrier after all) to task because Biden can't form a cognitively accurate sentence about pretty much anything?

You don't have to wait, you could go back and look at threads on the topic.

I mean if Biden says the Yankees are going to win the Superbowl I'm not going to make fun of Yankees fans as if they said it too.

Old 07-26-2022, 10:31 AM

3,113 posts, read 939,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sammythebull View Post
Based on what data for vaccinated persons? Anecdotal? Pfizer's clinical trials included ZERO vaccinated persons, yet FDA approved for vaccinated persons. The clinical trials were limited to those not vaccinated, and at least one high risk health condition. And, only 2,100 trial participants. Yet, it's being given out like opiods or m&m's on Halloween. Wait, I see. It's $500 per dose. Ah, now I understand why it was approved and recommended with scant data.

Public trust in these health institutions has been decimated. When a more serious crisis emerges that will necessitate public trust, they won't have it.
Given around 10% of people rebound on Paxlovid and no one (just about) develops severe symptoms on BA.5 whether vaccinated or not, it's time to go back to the drawing board on Paxlovid.

The problem is not only that it was tested in unvaccinated individuals but on a very different virus. And that's provided the trials were legit. The "placebo" used in that trial is suspect, as there were many AE in the placebo arm that necessitated individuals dropping out!

My favorite one was when some researchers were trying to rig their trials for some HIV/AIDs medicine by disguising GI adverse events. They used lactose based sugar pills knowing full well the majority of HIV/AIDs patients are lactose intolerant. The problem for them was it worked too well - too many people in the placebo group needed to drop out for GI events and they couldn't finish the trial.

FDA does not require drug companies to disclose the placebos they use.

Old 07-26-2022, 10:37 AM

17,424 posts, read 14,650,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AfricanSunset View Post
Given around 10% of people rebound on Paxlovid and no one (just about) develops severe symptoms on BA.5 whether vaccinated or not, it's time to go back to the drawing board on Paxlovid.

The problem is not only that it was tested in unvaccinated individuals but on a very different virus. And that's provided the trials were legit. The "placebo" used in that trial is suspect, as there were many AE in the placebo arm that necessitated individuals dropping out!

My favorite one was when some researchers were trying to rig their trials for some HIV/AIDs medicine by disguising GI adverse events. They used lactose based sugar pills knowing full well the majority of HIV/AIDs patients are lactose intolerant. The problem for them was it worked too well - too many people in the placebo group needed to drop out for GI events and they couldn't finish the trial.

FDA does not require drug companies to disclose the placebos they use.
Interesting article I just read on Paxlovid resistance ...

https://endpts.com/use-of-pfizers-co...sistance-grow/

Quote:
I’d say that: (1) mutations in the coronavirus are definitely taking place in response to Paxlovid therapy, (2) that there are a number of regions in the protein sequence that could (in theory) lead to viral sequences that are still reproductively fit but are much less affected by Paxlovid, and (3) that a number of potential mutation sites identified by these*in vitro*studies also have appeared in mutations isolated from wild-type coronavirus in humans, showing that they are feasible under real-world conditions.

Old 07-26-2022, 10:40 AM

17,424 posts, read 14,650,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clutchcargo777 View Post
Interesting personal note ...

Had a conversation yesterday with a high end retail employee who was required to get vaccinated.

She already had a documented case of covid - and then got vaccinated and boosted.

She's had covid three more times since then.

She feels completely and utterly lied to by the government and Big Pharma.

Old 07-26-2022, 10:44 AM

3,113 posts, read 939,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckity View Post
Interesting article I just read on Paxlovid resistance ...

https://endpts.com/use-of-pfizers-co...sistance-grow/
Just my 2 cents, I haven't studied this in detail, but I think this is a cop out to explain the high rates of rebound and excuse Pfizer who only reported it to occur at 2% (when the real number is 10% - 5x greater).

I remember reading similar things on Remdesivir to explain why it doesn't work - the virus mutated! No, it just never worked lol.

Of course, viral mutations to antivirals (especially monoclonals) is a very real problem but in this case I think Paxlovid is just a lemming.

The rebound btw is real - not just re-infection. Paxlovid seems to arrest viral replication in your cells, but not kill it. So once you stop taking Paxlovid, the replication resumes, and your body responds with a far stronger systemic response leading to more symptoms.

But this brings to me, why would any Americans take drugs for a runny nose

Old 07-26-2022, 11:05 AM

25,445 posts, read 9,809,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerGeek40 View Post
Right from the man's mouth. It was never "you'll be less sick if you get the vaccine". It was - you won't get covid.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QoBSTEFKmDw
Information changes. We know more than we did at the start of the pandemic and vaccines. Most people who are vaccinated manage to avoid hospitalization and death, so there is that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies