Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-02-2022, 04:01 PM

6,806 posts, read 4,472,094 times

Advertisements

In America lately, every time someone complains or issues a threat of a lawsuit, businesses and individuals tuck their tails between their legs, apologize and vow to never offend again. It's sickening. Sometimes, employees who meant no harm to begin with get fired.

Pelosi may or may not have done the right thing. We'll know in time. But right now I'm proud that she didn't take the usual coward's way out of this mess. She's always had guts. She still does.

(I still can't stand her, but she's made me proud today.)

China ain't gonna do a thing about it anyway. They thought they could intimidate us with their threats.

Pelosi proved them wrong.

Old 08-02-2022, 04:04 PM

7,308 posts, read 3,796,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brave New World View Post
The US has provided weapons to numerous countries and has helped topple numerous regimes since WW2, so can hardly point the finger at others.
My point is direct confrontation and engagement of US pilots with Russian pilots in two wars did not lead to a larger conflict between the US and Russia, which is what so many here are fearful of.

As for your other points, if Biden wants Pelosi to stop, he has the means to put pressure on her.

Old 08-02-2022, 04:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by s002wjh View Post
where u get the source china gonna invade japan FYI japan trade more with china than US
Sorry, they just threatened to nuke Japan.

China threatens Japan with nuclear war over intervention in Taiwan
https://www.business-standard.com/ar...2300030_1.html

Old 08-02-2022, 04:12 PM

6,661 posts, read 2,966,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnytang24 View Post
Can the speaker of the house negotiate with foreign powers? I was under the impression only the executive branch could do so
I dont get why she is there either. Go keep your seat warm in the House.

Kamala should be over there if Ol' Joe isn't up to the task.

Old 08-02-2022, 04:17 PM

170 posts, read 59,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattja View Post
Sorry, they just threatened to nuke Japan.

China threatens Japan with nuclear war over intervention in Taiwan
https://www.business-standard.com/ar...2300030_1.html
so if a senator said he gonna nuke china, is that official US government policy lol. china has 50 millions communist party members so anyone said they gonna nuke US, is that means thats official china policy lol. you read too much into things, dont you know media/politician often exaggerate or BS things.
heck just few days ago there were communist party member said they gonna shoot down Nancy plane, did they do it?
also they are saying, they are attacking japan if they intervene in china-taiwan war. so if japan doesn't intervene in that war militarily , china is not gonna attack japan.
china intention is always taiwan, so anyone involve in that war, they will also become target.

Old 08-02-2022, 04:24 PM

846 posts, read 553,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Javacoffee View Post
In America lately, every time someone complains or issues a threat of a lawsuit, businesses and individuals tuck their tails between their legs, apologize and vow to never offend again. It's sickening. Sometimes, employees who meant no harm to begin with get fired.

Pelosi may or may not have done the right thing. We'll know in time. But right now I'm proud that she didn't take the usual coward's way out of this mess. She's always had guts. She still does.

(I still can't stand her, but she's made me proud today.)

China ain't gonna do a thing about it anyway. They thought they could intimidate us with their threats.

Pelosi proved them wrong.
Since Nixon re-established the diplomatic relationship with China, none high-level US government official has ever visited Taiwan. It is like a tacit agreement, but now has broken, along with all the mutual trust and respect.

For the time being, China does not know how to react, but it will be naïve to assume they won't react for the long run...

Old 08-02-2022, 04:26 PM
Status: "“If a thing loves, it is infinite.”" (set 1 day ago)

27,163 posts, read 13,449,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattja View Post
My point is direct confrontation and engagement of US pilots with Russian pilots in two wars did not lead to a larger conflict between the US and Russia, which is what so many here are fearful of.

As for your other points, if Biden wants Pelosi to stop, he has the means to put pressure on her.
Biden can't even control Pelosi never mind the actions of Russia or China.

Old 08-02-2022, 04:45 PM

4,173 posts, read 2,569,029 times
If that woman starts WW3 with the loss of American lives I hope she is the first to go. She is completely anti-American.

Old 08-02-2022, 04:50 PM

6,806 posts, read 4,472,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MtPleasantDream View Post
Since Nixon re-established the diplomatic relationship with China, none high-level US government official has ever visited Taiwan. It is like a tacit agreement, but now has broken, along with all the mutual trust and respect.

For the time being, China does not know how to react, but it will be naïve to assume they won't react for the long run...
Well, I don't believe for one minute that China will nuke us for this. That seems to be the prevailing fear around here.

What can China do, really? China doesn't own Taiwan. Taiwan welcomed the visit. Americans don't take orders from China.

Old 08-02-2022, 04:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlulu23 View Post
If that woman starts WW3 with the loss of American lives I hope she is the first to go. She is completely anti-American.
I'm pretty sure her trip to Asia is about the CHIPS Act.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies