Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-21-2022, 01:57 PM

6,808 posts, read 6,920,862 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fickser View Post
The minute white supremacy was given the reason, I had to shut this pontificating fool off. Amazing the left STILL doesn't know why people support Trump.

Old 07-21-2022, 01:59 PM

4,515 posts, read 2,234,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
While he might not have helped you directly. It seems like him pushing to decriminalize homosexuality was an attempt at something. Not sure how far he got with it.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/nat...uality-n973081

It also seems like Trump providing free HIV preventative medication for those that are uninsured might have helped the LGBTQ community.

https://abcnews.go.com/Health/trump-...ry?id=67498264

He also appointed Patrick Bumatay, a gay man, as a judge in the important to 9th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals? While it wasn't helping everyone's rights, it was an accomplishment for this particular gay individual.

I'm not saying he was pro LGBTQ, but it didn't seem like he was anti LGBTQ. I think he was more focused on economic issues, not social ones.

He also appointment Rick Grennell, also a gay man, as acting Director of National Security. Yeah Trump really hated the gays.

**edit - and you're correct. He focused on economic issues. Like most people, he does not care who someone has sex with.

Old 07-21-2022, 01:59 PM

20,834 posts, read 17,045,216 times
Quote:
American exceptionalism is just a phrase coined in order to justify atrocities committed abroad.

American's poop stinks. Just like everyone else. We're not the only free country, or the only country that ever innovated. Our existence is only a blip.
What a cynical viewpoint you possess. It was and is never black and white. Our species progresses with losses and gains as we move forward.

Old 07-21-2022, 02:00 PM

29,194 posts, read 14,474,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UNC4Me View Post
Kindness. Empathy for others. Respect for others. Adult behavior. Lots more but you get the drift.
I would say those traits would be pretty much genderless wouldn't you think ? My daughter has those very same traits...just saying.

I get your drift though. I just had to reply to your post. We are in a time when the definition of a woman can't be defined but a "real" man , supposedly can. I wasn't calling you out directly, just thought your statement was intriguing.

Old 07-21-2022, 02:00 PM

20,834 posts, read 17,045,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aquietpath View Post
The minute white supremacy was given the reason, I had to shut this pontificating fool off. Amazing the left STILL doesn't know why people support Trump.
Looks like she may be good for something though.

Old 07-21-2022, 02:01 PM

Quote:
Patriotism is love for one's country.

Nationalism is a belief that one's country is superior.

Palingenetic ultranationalism is a concept concerning generic fascism formulated by British political theorist Roger Griffin. The key element of the idea is the belief that fascism can be defined by its core myth, namely that of revolution to achieve a "national rebirth", palingenesis. Griffin argues that the unique synthesis of palingenesis and ultranationalism differentiates fascism from para-fascism and other authoritarian nationalist ideologies. He calls that the "fascist minimum" without which there is no fascism.
So be it. I was born in this country, and love this country, so yeah, I do think my country is superior. Although....Grand Cayman is pretty nice.

Old 07-21-2022, 02:02 PM

13,377 posts, read 4,227,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good4Nothin View Post
Trump is an old fashioned liberal, from a time when liberals still loved their country.

not in economics or regulations or globalism. He is for America first. Liberals wants to save the world at the backs of Americans.

Old 07-21-2022, 02:06 PM

Quote:
The point is, they don't care for any real issues.

The poor Trumpers only care about validation and having someone to look down on.

The rich Trumpers only care about tax breaks and picking the pockets of Trumper's who are too busy feeling superior to others.

Hence, Bannon scamming Trumpers.
Not rich, but who isn't in for a tax break ?! We got hit hard tax season, and ended up owing $12k after already paying in over $50k.

Old 07-21-2022, 02:06 PM

1,638 posts, read 581,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good4Nothin View Post
I have a theory about how Trump got so many devoted followers: With all his many faults, Trump represents masculine toughness. The opposite of what Democrats have become.

The woke movement, so loved now by Democrats, is focused on protecting and defending weak and underprivileged minorities. If you are not LBGQRSTXYZ**, you are a member of the ruthless bully class. If you are successful, it's because the patriarchal society made it easy for you.

The woke movement is a result of the feminization of our society. The traits associated with female mammals are valued, and the traits associated with male mammals are despised.

Scientists who study chimpanzees (our closest non-human relatives) have observed that male chimpanzee children are most interested in play fighting, while the female children are most interested in babies.

Males are the main defenders of the social group, in many mammal species. That is because the females are busy taking care of babies. Both jobs are essential.

We need a balance in our society between male and female traits and values. The political "left" has gone way over to the feminine side, and that is why we have the intense backlash of Trumpism.
Lefties still don’t get it. It has nothing to do with any of the above. Trump got elected because people on the right and enough in the middle were/are tired of the establishment and tired of the left progressiveness that Obama brought. Remember, Trump was elected on the heads of Obama and Obama nearly ruined the democrat party. In fact, if the republicans had a decent candidate that was not an establishment shill, he/she would still be president.

Old 07-21-2022, 02:07 PM

13,377 posts, read 4,227,870 times
Quote:
The point is, they don't care for any real issues.

The poor Trumpers only care about validation and having someone to look down on.

The rich Trumpers only care about tax breaks and picking the pockets of Trumper's who are too busy feeling superior to others.

Hence, Bannon scamming Trumpers.

Everybody wants to keep more of their earned money. This is not just a rich thing. This is human nature. The government shouldn't take half or more of what you work for. That is immoral regardless of economic brackets.

Let me clarify, they care about real issues but is not the dumb policies after dumb policies from the left. Just because We don't want a big government takeover it doesn't mean We don't care about the basic things in life.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.