Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-22-2022, 05:32 AM

12,040 posts, read 6,572,819 times

Advertisements

I am a senior, so I’m not as exposed to the pronoun and gender stupidity, but my husband and I have stopped watching most sporting events due to the disgust with the athletes and their antiAmerican and woketard behavior.

Old 07-22-2022, 05:52 AM

2,912 posts, read 1,249,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post
Nope.

A lifelong hardcore sports fan wouldn’t let politics completely get in the way of their fandom re a sport.
Incorrect. This one did. Started following the Cleveland Browns in 1970. That ended the day of the 'black' national anthem in 2020. I've been to over 100 Browns games. I was at the legendary double OT game in the playoffs vs. the Jets in '86. Tailgated for all them. Old Muni and then CBS. Wore a Browns jersey every year from '75 through '19. Started with Greg Pruitt and ended with my own personalized jerseys. Owned and displayed every kind of swag. Wrote a column for a Browns website for several years.

Saw my first Cleveland Indians game in person in 1972. Gaylord Perry pitched. He was my hero then. The legendary spitballer. We lost that day unfortunately, but I had a great time. Followed the Tribe through umpteen losing seasons. Watched three heartbreaking World Series losses. I was at the final game at Muni vs. the White Sox in '93 and the first night game at The Jake in '94 vs. the Mariners. I ceased following them when Chief Wahoo was removed from the uni's and they decided to emblazon "Black Lives Matter" on the pitcher's mound and all over the outfield wall.

I discovered the Cavs a little late. The Miracle of Richfield year in '76 but fell in love with the Wine and Gold. Starting in the late 80's through the late 90's I attended close to 100 Cavs games. The Daugherty, Price, Nance, Hot Rod Williams, Ehlo teams were so freaking great, but Michael Jordan just killed us. When LeQuit returned to the team on 7/11/14 I ceased watching the NBA. I could no longer stomach seeing that guy with "Cleveland" emblazoned across his chest. Sickened me.

In response to you and everyone else who was amazed by this about face I will tell you this. My Moral code, my scruples and most importantly my Country mean more to me than any team or any player. Maybe that's something that escapes you. I'll let you figure out why.

Old 07-22-2022, 05:58 AM

25,447 posts, read 9,809,749 times
No. And if someone were to ask me to call them they/them, I don't think that would affect my life either.

Old 07-22-2022, 05:59 AM

6,617 posts, read 5,012,264 times
People living around you, is not equal you being affected. That you have to know they exist does not affect you.

Old 07-22-2022, 06:07 AM

4,853 posts, read 3,279,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
I have been asked to use they/them pronouns with two people. One was a child and the mother asked me to use they/them. The other was an adult.
Did you?

I haven't...and I will NOT use they/them. If someone is grown up enough to decide they don't like who they are, they ought to be grown up enough to pick one or the other. If someone wants to 'identify' as the the other gender (he/she), then I'll call them by NAME... but I'm not going to call Rachel Levine (for example) 'her'.

Old 07-22-2022, 06:17 AM

26,660 posts, read 13,750,169 times
The woke left has had a major impact on crime prevention. The BLM rioting.protests led to police reform such as the end of qualified immunity in my state, a lot of officers retiring, officers feeling like their hands are tied so not enforcing things that should be enforced, less penalties for offenders, etc.

There is a lot more crime in my city, my neighborhood as offenders know they will get off with a slap on the wrist. In addition, the fentanyl crisis is a big problem and one that I do think is tied to open borders and lax enforcement. It feels far less safe just taking a walk these days as it did just a few years ago.

Old 07-22-2022, 06:21 AM

9,457 posts, read 5,225,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seguinite View Post
Did you?

I haven't...and I will NOT use they/them. If someone is grown up enough to decide they don't like who they are, they ought to be grown up enough to pick one or the other. If someone wants to 'identify' as the the other gender (he/she), then I'll call them by NAME... but I'm not going to call Rachel Levine (for example) 'her'.
I'm with you. I'll use a female name, if that's what the guy with the beard and prominent Adam's apple wearing a skirt and combat boots wants, but I am NOT calling him a her. or he a she......or whatever. I'm very confused.

Oh, and I live in VT, and yes, everyone around here wants to be woke. I try to navigate it so I don't have to comply.
Once in a crowded bar, though, the line to the ladies room was long, so I announced that at that moment I am identifying as a male and I used the men's room. One guy in there gave me a look, but I went into a stall I actually felt pretty good about that.

Old 07-22-2022, 06:26 AM

3,989 posts, read 6,577,840 times
No - and I guarantee most of you who are replying haven't either and are just making up crap to stay relevant. Anyone can be anything or be "impacted" by anything when you are a rando hiding behind a keyboard on an online forum. Same applies to me, of course, but I must live in some tiny microcosm of this country where just about everything people complain about on here hasn't impacted me yet. Guess I'm just lucky.

Old 07-22-2022, 06:27 AM

10,869 posts, read 4,540,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by diddlydudette View Post
Has anyone ever asked you to call them a special pronoun? Have you seen a pregnant man? Have you seen a man chest feed?

Is your job WOKE and certain things are required of you now? Are certain words off limits now?

I'm sorry but if anyone asks me to start calling them a certain crazy pronoun, I'm walking away from the crazy. I'm not feeding it.

I'm just curious how bad the WOKEness is in your area.
1) yes, no no

2) yes yes yes (fed, but we knew it was coming 2015/2016 when our health insurance announced it was providing pre-natal care for men) But I dont encounter any special pronoun people (SPP's) on the job as they would not be in my division unless the merit system really breaks.

Old 07-22-2022, 06:27 AM

26,660 posts, read 13,750,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uconn97 View Post
No - and I guarantee most of you who are replying haven't either and are just making up crap to stay relevant. Anyone can be anything or be "impacted" by anything when you are a rando hiding behind a keyboard on an online forum. Same applies to me, of course, but I must live in some tiny microcosm of this country where just about everything people complain about on here hasn't impacted me yet. Guess I'm just lucky.
What part of the country do you live in? Connecticut? Rural or urban?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies