Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-22-2022, 06:33 AM

8,079 posts, read 10,079,579 times

Advertisements

Sounds like a first world issue.

99.9% of the time, it is a non-issue, unless, of course, this is the entertainment theme on Fox News which makes it sound like we're going to hell because we address someone by the wrong gender. Happens all the time with small children...boy/girl thingy.

Nothing else to worry about...like no water and 100-degree heat?

Old 07-22-2022, 06:34 AM

20,109 posts, read 9,018,880 times
doesn't effect me to my knowledge. I do like being able to use whatever bathroom you want in commercial establishments these days. Men's room's can be so dirty.

Old 07-22-2022, 06:35 AM

29,483 posts, read 14,650,004 times
No, not directly. We live in a semi rural area, and when we aren't home we are at our rural cottage. Our hobbies are riding ATV's, snowmobiling, boating, and target shooting. We also, have many friends that race cars and boats. So, the majority of these activities don't have too many woke people in them. We don't spend any time in college towns or large cities, which seem to have the majority of wokeness.

During the BLM temper tantrums that plagued our country for a while, we did have some protests in our local towns. Law enforcement kept them in check though, so there where no streets blocked or issues due to them. That was about the closest.

At work, there is always inclusivity, diversity, and LGBT messages coming through on our intranet. It is what it is, and I just scroll past.

Old 07-22-2022, 06:42 AM

26,660 posts, read 13,746,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seguinite View Post
Did you?

I haven't...and I will NOT use they/them. If someone is grown up enough to decide they don't like who they are, they ought to be grown up enough to pick one or the other. If someone wants to 'identify' as the the other gender (he/she), then I'll call them by NAME... but I'm not going to call Rachel Levine (for example) 'her'.
I did with the kid because it was years ago and although weird, it seemed harmless at the time. I no longer think going along with this is harmless.

With the they/them, I got a pronoun lesson and basically just wished this person a good day and moved on. It’s not someone I deal with regularly. If I encounter her again which is likely, I plan to just address her by her first name and avoid using any pronouns.

Old 07-22-2022, 06:44 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,012,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by diddlydudette View Post
Has anyone ever asked you to call them a special pronoun? Have you seen a pregnant man? Have you seen a man chest feed?

Is your job WOKE and certain things are required of you now? Are certain words off limits now?

I'm sorry but if anyone asks me to start calling them a certain crazy pronoun, I'm walking away from the crazy. I'm not feeding it.

I'm just curious how bad the WOKEness is in your area.
I'm triggered by all the woke people complaining about people being woke. It's a never ending circle.

It's the same thing with the people who complain about people who are offended. Those people are offended by people being offended -- they are offended by themselves.

Old 07-22-2022, 06:51 AM

4,548 posts, read 2,271,025 times
My company asked us to include our pronoun in our email signature and our MS Teams information and I have ignored it. I have been the same pronoun all of my life.

Old 07-22-2022, 06:53 AM

27,567 posts, read 28,665,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uconn97 View Post
No - and I guarantee most of you who are replying haven't either and are just making up crap to stay relevant. Anyone can be anything or be "impacted" by anything when you are a rando hiding behind a keyboard on an online forum. Same applies to me, of course, but I must live in some tiny microcosm of this country where just about everything people complain about on here hasn't impacted me yet. Guess I'm just lucky.
If you work for a company that doesn’t send out messages about diversity, anti-racism or LGBT nonsense, then congratulations.

Many people do have to deal with that sort of thing at their workplaces. I can assure you they are not making it up.

Old 07-22-2022, 06:57 AM

24,632 posts, read 9,458,962 times
Yes. My former coworker was pretty much a radical leftists. Daily, he would complain to me about how oppressed he was (this was a fellow contractor with no kids/wife who took frequent vacations). Worse, he would sometimes get into it with some of right leaning coworkers who were the complete opposite of him. I don't mind leaning an ear for someone to express their political feelings, especially if that someone is a close coworker on a team, but this guy just whined far too much about the lack of social programs in America.

Do I agree with some of his arguments like how expensive healthcare is and working 40 hour weeks sucks? Absolutely, but this guys was doing nothing to change his particular complaints (low salary, lack of sleep, work hours, no sick leave, etc.). Complaining is only half the battle, the other half is developing a solution to get out of the rate race or country "you don't like." Blaming Republicans or the government just isn't going to solve your problems. You have to solve your problems.

Old 07-22-2022, 07:05 AM

5,345 posts, read 3,214,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
I'm triggered by all the woke people complaining about people being woke. It's a never ending circle.

It's the same thing with the people who complain about people who are offended. Those people are offended by people being offended -- they are offended by themselves.
It had to be said. These people don't see they are doing EXACTLY what they're complaining about.

To the original question - no my life has not been affected by the woke left or the woke right. I tend not to concern myself with how other people live their lives. I have a good life, have what I need and want...I'm good. I have no reason to worry about such inconsequential and trivial matters such as what someone prefers to be called, who they want to marry, or what they choose to do with their body. NONE of that affects my life.

Old 07-22-2022, 07:07 AM

29,483 posts, read 14,650,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JenaS62 View Post
My company asked us to include our pronoun in our email signature and our MS Teams information and I have ignored it. I have been the same pronoun all of my life.
Yeah, same here. And I did the same as well. Funny thing, my work wife, whom also has a wife, didn't bother adding her pronoun either.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies