Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-22-2022, 07:03 AM

17,440 posts, read 9,268,656 times

Advertisements

I guess the City has decided no need for Rest Rooms - that will save money!
Drop Drawers any place in town and do your “ business”.

Part of their Reimagined Kalamazoo.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2022, 07:04 AM

6,385 posts, read 2,710,079 times
According to them, these changes are being done under the umbrella of "equity". So in reality they are saying that people of a particular race dedicate, urinate, and litter more than another group. Yea, I wonder how well this would have gone over if the mayor instead said "We are decriminalizing these things because more blacks can't control themselves"

My next question is can we just get a bunch of black people to constantly speed...I really hate some of these speed limits and having one group do something to excess seems to be the best way to get rid of these laws.

Old 07-22-2022, 07:05 AM

26,660 posts, read 13,746,362 times
I think that the politicians who decriminalized public urination and defecation should have to be the one’s to clean it up.

Old 07-22-2022, 07:09 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,012,426 times
Clearly the fact it was a crime before did little to stop people from committing those crimes.

I'm sure there is a bureaucratic reason for this action, not sure the shop owners are thinking this one through.

How often has someone been charge with these crimes? How do they catch people?

And the one owner quotes about having to pick up the mess implies that before when it was a crime they had to pick it up anyways --so what does it being a crime do?

Old 07-22-2022, 07:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
Clearly the fact it was a crime before did little to stop people from committing those crimes.

I'm sure there is a bureaucratic reason for this action, not sure the shop owners are thinking this one through.

How often has someone been charge with these crimes? How do they catch people?

And the one owner quotes about having to pick up the mess implies that before when it was a crime they had to pick it up anyways --so what does it being a crime do?
Because some people already violated the law, lets make it easer and consequence free for everyone to do it?

Old 07-22-2022, 07:13 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,012,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
Because some people already violated the law, lets make it easer and consequence free for everyone to do it?
NOBODY ANYBODY ANYWHERE who defecates on a store stoop has the internal debate of whether or not it is a crime.

It will not encourage people to poop on a stoop. If they were inclined to poop on the stoop before, they still will. If they weren't, they aren't going to think -- oh good now it isn't a crime.

Old 07-22-2022, 07:13 AM

3,006 posts, read 1,493,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdw View Post
No one’s ever been on a walk home from a bar and had to pi$$ in an alleyway? Should people get criminal charges for that? Being homeless sucks too. You can’t just make homelessness illegal and expect the problem to go away.
That's why cities need public restrooms, which can be as simple as 3 partitions and a door around a hole in the ground up to heated buildings with roofs, lights, and plumbing.

Old 07-22-2022, 07:15 AM

25,732 posts, read 18,809,520 times
And there are still people out there who don't believe our civilization is in decay?

Quote:
NOBODY ANYBODY ANYWHERE who defecates on a store stoop has the internal debate of whether or not it is a crime.
Now if we could just get you to be consistent and understand that same logic when it comes to criminals who use guns to commit crimes, we'd be getting somewhere.

Old 07-22-2022, 07:15 AM

Quote:

It will not encourage people to poop on a stoop. If they were inclined to poop on the stoop before, they still will. If they weren't, they aren't going to think -- oh good now it isn't a crime.
Yet if they are caught, they can be ticketed. Not anymore.

Old 07-22-2022, 07:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nattering Heights View Post
That's why cities need public restrooms, which can be as simple as 3 partitions and a door around a hole in the ground up to heated buildings with roofs, lights, and plumbing.
I agree but at the same time I’ve seen homeless camps on public streets that have trash cans available and there is still trash everywhere. Some people really do not care at all about anyone around them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies