Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-22-2022, 02:24 PM

16,579 posts, read 20,707,497 times

Advertisements

As a Democrat, I'm okay with Trump running again. He lost the WH and the Senate to Joe Biden, not exactly an electrifying candidate, and hasn't gained any support in the meantime. If he runs again, I expect he'll lose even bigger. So sure. Why not?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2022, 02:32 PM

25,441 posts, read 9,802,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CALGUY View Post
When, not if, Trump runs for the presidency, I feel he will pick one of these people to be the VP.
DeSantis, Haley, or Governor of Texas, Abbott.
I think DeSantis is too strong for him. He'd always be jealous of his popularity and intelligence.

Old 07-22-2022, 02:45 PM

25,959 posts, read 22,113,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JenaS62 View Post
I want him to run because he can fix this mess we are in. Gun to head - Trump v DeSantis (and I love DeSantis), I'm voting for Trump. If Trump does not run, I am hoping that DeSantis does so that I can vote for him. There is not another single Republican that I would vote for.
I agree 100% with you! Generally, I don't care much for Republicans, and if Trump would not have ran, I would still have a history of never voting for a Republican for POTUS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboyxjon View Post
I get the “concern trolling” aspect of this, but at the end of the day, it’s President Trump’s choice, and I have a feeling most of his supporters will respect whatever he decides to do.
The Dems are starting to sweat early this time, so are putting "feelers" out. I think they need to spend more of their time coming up with a viable candidate of their own.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMS02760 View Post
These hearings have proved that Trump is not fit to be president in the future and suggests he never was. The plurality of Americans got it right both times he ran when his opponent received more votes. Unfortunately the very flawed electoral college system allows for the minority to govern the majority. It gave us the national disaster that is Donald J Trump.
Well, gee, we didn't need hearings to prove that Biden is unfit for the presidency, and there he sits in the Oval Office spinning a top on the desk, clapping his hands and cheering, so............

Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonMike7 View Post
I need two (or more) fresh candidates for 2024.
DeSantis and for the Democrats there would be, let's see, who do they have..............

Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyHobkins View Post
Trump is absolutely running. Severe illness or death is the only thing stopping the man.
Let's hope they don't try to stop him in those ways, as I worried about him while he was POTUS, you know, the Clinton death listing thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofball86 View Post
If Desantis decides to run Trump should be a good sport and stay out of the race. But we all know that won't happen.

He will call him little Ron and probably a Rhino.
My guess is that Trump will maintain his base. At some point, you'll see him next to DeSantis and asking his supporters to support "this great guy". They won't do the dirty deal like the Dems always did to Bernie Sanders either, as some creepy crawler that lives in the cast off slime of snake would do that. Yeah, of course the Clinton-Bush dynasty.

Old 07-22-2022, 03:35 PM
bu2

24,094 posts, read 14,879,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyHS View Post
Not to those of us who don't want him to run again.
I'll be disappointed if he runs. He will drag down Republican candidates in purple districts. Someone other than Trump may win in a landslide with landslides in the House and Senate as well.

The best way to punish the excesses of the progressive Democrats is not to extend their TDS, but to send them all home.

Old 07-22-2022, 04:42 PM

831 posts, read 332,953 times
Quote:
I think Trump dreads another run he would rather play golf make deals and be a thorn in the Republican party behind than get involved in politics again, He would much rather "Truth" all day.

But, being the publicity hound he is he wants to stay relevant, and letting down the millions of die-hard MAGAS that want him to run again would be a bigly disappointment to them.

50/50 he will run again.
Nah, I want him to and would vote for him but if he doesn't then that's fine, he did what we hired him to do, he finally took Americans problems and worked on them, he publicly made populist nationalism a ideology that has taken over the GOP thankfully, he was the bull in the china shop we needed, DeSantis can take the mantle from here and that's perfectly fine with me.

Old 07-22-2022, 04:44 PM

2,136 posts, read 1,207,283 times
Will Trump look like a big disappointment if he decides not to run again? ...what does running again have to do with it?

Old 07-22-2022, 05:08 PM

1,864 posts, read 842,234 times
i think trump not running would be the best for him and the nation, but i do like trump. It just the democrat will be attacking him and making up crimes for four year, and we know trump not going be quiet

i want quiet.

Old 07-22-2022, 05:10 PM

1,261 posts, read 561,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
My guess is that Trump will maintain his base. At some point, you'll see him next to DeSantis and asking his supporters to support "this great guy". They won't do the dirty deal like the Dems always did to Bernie Sanders either, as some creepy crawler that lives in the cast off slime of snake would do that. Yeah, of course the Clinton-Bush dynasty.
I agree. In order to mobilize the base, it needs to at least appear that Trump is willingly stepping aside to back the better candidate. If it looks like the nomination was stolen from him, that whole base will either vote Trump under a third party, vote for another third party candidate, or stay home.

Old 07-22-2022, 05:11 PM

17,440 posts, read 9,266,927 times
Quote:
I think Trump dreads another run he would rather play golf make deals and be a thorn in the Republican party behind than get involved in politics again, He would much rather "Truth" all day.

But, being the publicity hound he is he wants to stay relevant, and letting down the millions of die-hard MAGAS that want him to run again would be a bigly disappointment to them.

50/50 he will run again.
Run for 2024 OR NOT —- President Trump will remain Relevant. Don’t kid yourself that he won’t.

There is a real solid reason that “Elite Establishment Republicans “ are determined to stop him by any means possible AND that Witch Hunts by the Leftists are determined to “impeach” him for a 3rd time.

Why he would want to dive back into that Viper Pit is beyond me — it cost the Trump Family Millions(probably Billions) of dollars to be President. On the other hand — he has a proven track record of being willing to fight FOR the USA and against those who want to destroy us. He is not afraid of the Mefia AND can’t be bought or Bribed (unlike the Big Guy INC).

50/50 is a not unreasonable bet — I’m not a betting birthing person, but if I were — My guess is he either enforces DeSantis OR they run together.

Mike Pence is voluntarily choosing Self Immolation. He is not the only one, he is just the top name.
Perhaps he should not continue to read the Washington Post, NY Times and following CNN & NBC.

Old 07-22-2022, 05:48 PM

20,102 posts, read 9,015,533 times
Repubs are cutting him loose but he's too dumb to see it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies